WCQ 2010 Group A Discussion (Part II) [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Caesar, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Congrats Australia for qualifying to the 4h stage. :)

2. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thanks man. ;) I'm pretty sure you will be joining us after next weekend.

3. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    Agreed man, I've seen our national team go out playing for a draw before it's completely insane.

If we are set up to play for a draw we WILL lose no doubt about that in my mind, knowing Qatar they will go all out against us because we have no white people in the squad...

4. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq

Of course we should be playing for a win, but am saying that if the match end a draw its still good enough for us to make it true to the next round

But I have bad feeling for the next match, I dont know Iraq play shit against shit teams

5. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    Yeah a draw will be enough to see us through but really that is like a bare minimum for us, imagine this: We're drawing until the 91st minute then Qatar grab a flukey goal, absolute heartbreak.

I agree with you against teams like Qatar we seem to play really poorly I can't make sense of it, it is very annoying. Hopefully we will do the job though next Sunday, we definitely have had the better results in the group and will probably fare better than them in the next round should we go through.

Next Sunday is going to be horrible :p

6. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    On what I saw of Qatar they would have to play the game of their lives to be any chance next week and I don't think they have it in them. In a way, all the naturalising of players has backfired on them. They have no fluency and the only one that looks to have any real talent is Quintana. Something would have to go drastically wrong for Iraq not to go through.

Having said that, I agree with the other poster. I have also noticed that Iraq seem to fire up against better opposition but get caught snoozing against weaker teams, or teams they're expected to beat. Won't want to do it next week or else thats it. There's no second chance. And for that reason I think they'll be switched on. And they probably deserve to go through with Australia. They've played better football although I don't think Australia have played that well as yet. Certainly not to what they're capable of which is frustrating.

7. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq

Haha am all with you, I have notice that its not good for me to watch games like this , I dont know why it feels like my heart starts going 250 mph (Only when Iraq play)

You should see me when they cut the brodcast of the match against China damn I wantet to kill everybody around me :p
    Iraq must play like they did against Australia or els its bye bye for us

8. moqool

moqool Member

Dec 19, 2006
    I believe in Iraq, they are MEN. Iraqis are MEN, theyre not a bunch of **************, and we as Kuwaitis - being neighbours to Iraq - have full knowledge and experience of that. Yes we defeated Iraq during our golden age in the 80s, I remember for the Olympic qualifications in 1979 we were 2-nil down in Baghdad and made a dramatic 3-2 win. But Iraqis, and I say it again, are MEN. Maybe they dont have players who know how to samba-dance around defenders, maybe they dont win all their games, maybe they disappoint their fans from time-to-time, but think about it. These guys have a country in turmoil, theyre playing away from their home, they have so much problems but they still managed to come 4th place in Olympics 2004 (Athens), they won AFC 2007 and Im sure theyll qualify to world cup 2010. Im also sure theyre going to win the 2009 gulf cup in Oman. Maybe Qatar have a couple of samba-dancers but theyre softies. Ive seen some of the teams around here, theyre all a bunch of softies compared to Iraq. Iraq really play like patriots, they kill for the win and I love that. So if Iraq kill for the win next Sunday, theyll crush Qatar 2 or 3-0.

I never liked what Qatar did when they naturalized people. Wheres the pride in knowing the people who made your COUNTRY win dont belong to your COUNTRY? It makes no sense. But I dont blame Qatar, if countries that call thesmelves developed are doing it then no wonder that an oil rich nation of 100,000 nationals are doing it. Obviously they were set an example by other nations, they arent the first or last nation to do this. Even so, I tell the Qataris that if another country jumps off a bridge would you do the same? Im against them naturalizing players but I also admit theyre doing it because other countries like USA and Australia also do it. Nevertheless for the sake of our culture I think they should stop naturalizing. Besides, what are you gaining naturalizing someone for football? Pathetic. If you give a passport for someone who was a doctor in your country for 20 years, or a university professor, or engineer, go-ahead. But football player? Pathetic. Nevertheless I love my Qatari brothers and sisters, I love the country and Im one of those people who always felt linked with the Qatari culture. But I dont want them to embarrass themselves. When they build a strong team, then they can advance. As for now, its better if Iraq go because Qatar will just be a punching bag in the next round.

9. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You'd be wrong.

Australia don't have any naturalised players. They're all Australian. And as far as I know, the only US players who were born elsewhere are Mastroeni from Argentina and Adu from Ghana, both of whom have lived in the US most of their lives and certainly weren't naturalised for the sake of football. Australia will have one in Dario Vidosic when he gets capped who was born in Croatia, but like the American players has spent most of his life here. But that is probably fair given the amount of players they have taken from us.

10. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Bruce Djite was born in the USA, but his family moved to Oz when he was something like 2 years old. He's as good as Aussie to me, he speaks like one of us! :p

11. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    I don't want to ignite a clash here BUT I think the whole naturalising players issue is a major grey area.

I have my views on the subject but at the end of the day, if these countries are willing to lose their pride by buying players then so be it, just beat them on the field :D

12. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Thanks a lot man, I know we have some problems but insallah we will make it true, but 2,3-0 I my self dont belive it, Just look at what they did against us in qatar, we wher out played, Its something wronge when we play shit teams

But hope we can make it true, I dont wont a draw I wont a WIN a fat one 2

13. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Qatar - 1st generation naturalised.

Australia - 2nd generation naturalised.

Iraqis and Saudi Arabia - n number of generations before naturalised.

P.S. Point is it depends upon how you view it.

Its not wrong to say that the Australian team is really a European team.

14. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It is when they're born in Australia. They all play in Europe. Thats about the only extent to which they're a European team.

15. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    They're IMMEDIATE parents are from Europe.

Like i said, its how you view it.

P.S. In the beginning i thought that the Australians that are playing right now might have had their parents/grandparents living in Australia for 100 years but my research proved otherwise.

16. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    Our country is only 200 years old. We let in a lot of Europeans after the war, we are a multicultural society..........we have hardly bought our team.

Maybe this is just a smoke screen as you said we were "suppose" to lose this game. How's your Iraq-elimination pact going anyway?:D:eek:

17. Gold is the Colour

Dec 17, 2005
    Perth Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Try saying that to those players that were BORN in Australia. I would personally take it as an insult if you said I wasn't Australian but European instead - I'm sure the players would as well.

The (very) few players we have in Australia that weren't born here came long before they started playing football. Archie Thompson and Bruce Djite were both infants, the oldest (possible) socceroo when he arrived in Australia would be Rukavytsya - who was 14 when he arrived.

Here in Oz we complain about Croatia a fair bit - three Australian born players were in the Croatian squad at the last WC (and one for Serbia). At least for Croatia there is heritage though - some sort of justification. What was Quintanas link with Qatar before going there, other than football?? Or any of their other Sth American and African Players who have sold themselves to Qatar.

18. mirage861

mirage861 New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Like you said only the parents are from Europe. There's no way anyone could've known that these parents would give birth to future socceroos. Nothing was premeditated, and no one was specifically allowed immigration because they were good at soccer. The opposite could be said for Qatar, which is why they're so unpopular.

19. Bay23

Bay23 New Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Sydney
    Hey sahbekham. This country was built on immigration. We didn't pay these players to come here like Qatar, most of their parents ran from Europe after World War 2 and some came before. Saudi Arabia has quite a few immigrants coming in from Africa, but Saudi Arabia has been inhabited for much longer than Australia has, so that is more like naturalising.

20. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Is this actually a legitimate discussion? :eek:

When someone is born, brought up and represents a particular country, I'm not sure how many ways you can view it.

21. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm sorry but thats a crock. These guys were BORN in Australia, so they're not naturalised.

22. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    lol its a big difference between Qatar NT and Australia NT, in the Qatari NT they dont even speak the same language

anyway this is a silly argument...

23. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    But still you play with players whose parents immigrated to Australia from Europe like in the last 20 - 30 years.

Don't talk about the pact when u are not even participating in the pact. :p

24. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    True.

It depends upon view. Lets say someone like Saudi Arabia whose players great great grandfathers used to reside in Saudi Arabia and complained to AFC to let the Aboriginals play for Australia since they have been living there for a long time.

The Aboriginals should be playing for Australia. Then it will be a true representation for Australia. :p

25. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Technically its not. The Aboriginals were long there before you guys came along.