WCQ 2010, 4th Round - Group B Discussion [R] Part VI

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Txtriathlete, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Did they call it "The unified Japan/Korea team" or was it just called "Japan" and included Korean players?

It's clear some people here are pretty ignorant about what a serious topic this is to Koreans.

By the way, I'm sure there are a lot of Arabs who would like to see a unified Arab team (in fact such a team has been assembled for ceremonial purposes). But you shouldn't assume Japan and Korea have the same kind of relationship. It would be as silly as a unified Arab-Israeli team. lol

2. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    kesabec = sock

created by?

who knows, but what we do know is that its a he and a bit of a loser.

do keep creating socks. how sad must you or your life be to feel the need to.

3. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    Well back in those days, they were the Empire of Japan and Korea was just a colonial province.

The funny thing about the 1992 barcelona marathon... the Korean guy was neck and neck with a Japanese guy for awhile, but the Japanese guy pooped out and the Korean guy just kept on going. There was much jubilation at my house on that day. The marathon runner is also the son of a Korean "haenyuh" which is basically a woman diver who makes her living diving for shellfish. It's a very traditional "korean" kind of job making it even more memorable for Koreans.

anyway~~~~

4. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah how many Shabab supporters are there anyway and what are the odds that TWO of them would show up at Big Soccer?

(Saudi64 is gonna kill me :D)

5. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i dunno on that

but i know korea > japan in socer today

and this group its

1. S Korea --> WC2010
    2. N Korea --> WC2010
    3. rest

and we dont buy player like bunch Aran cuntry done

6. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    LOL. I was wondering when this "item" would emerge.

I'm not sure it will change to quickly in the future either with the 4 Asian representatives at the 2008 Olympics (U/23's) all being East Asian too. That being: Japan, S Korea, Aust and host nation China.

For WC 2014, the only country that may slip could be Aust.

7. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

That was just misfortune, Saudi Arabia and Australia were grouped together in the prelimary Olympic rounds and Saudi topped the group (that also included Iran)

8. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Well, frankly speaking, Japanese and Korean are the cloest races than anyone else. Their linguistics and DNA prove that. Cultural-exchange wise, they're even more closer. A lot of people seem to think every Asian people came from China, but it's just another example of ignorance.

Anyways, look at the relationship between Palestine and Israeli people? Weren't they the same people a long time ago? - and now they hate against each other more than anyone? Had Japan not invaded Korea in the colonial times, I sometimes wonder what our relationship would be today. (Well, we've been fighting agianst each other since god knows how many years ago, but still invasion is a totally different story and WWII period was unique in that Japan did commit a lot of atrocities to almost brother-like nations to China (big brother) and Korea (sibling))

9. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nope. One population is native to the area while the other came from Europe :).

10. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Haha. Okay, that might be a disputable subject from Israelis' point of view. But anyways, let's all get back to the topic. (Wait, do we have anything more to talk about our group? :D - I think it's time the mods close this one and sticky the play-off thread?)

11. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah it's strange, our Olympic team beat Iran twice (Nayef Hazzazi scored in Azadi in that tournament too) and Australia once, and drew home and away with Japan, yet in the end we couldn't qualify because of teams like Vietnam and Qatar.

Wouldn't call it a misfortune, though. Who the hell cares about the Olympics? :p

12. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Most Israelis have European roots nothing to do with Palestine, the so called Ashkenazim...literally 'German Jews'. They may have originated from the Near East, but certainly arent native there any more than Gypsies in Europe are natives of India.

13. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No they freely admit that they're immigrants. They call it "aliya." Their argument is more along the lines of: (1) So?, and (2) God told us we could.

But you're right we should get back on topic (or close the thread as Group B is now consigned to history).

14. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    No, Olympics is a lot more important than anyone can imagine in terms of player development. Olympics is the closest thing to a World Cup to the young players.

When Korea played Italy's Rossi-Giovinco generation in 2008 Beijing Olympics, our then U-20 player, Ki Sung-Yong realized how much he lacks compared to them and how many good players there are on the world stage. That's when he took a big leap in his skills. And now one year from then on, he (Now, 20 yrs old) and his Olympics teammate, Lee CY (Now, 21 yrs old) are both in the Korea NT's regular squad.

Had Hazazzi participated in 2008 Beijing Olympics, he would have been one insane striker in Asia. (He's still really good considering his age. I mean, that bicycle kick vs N.Korea is not a fluke, this kid's got some serious skills)

15. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Maybe it was, Yasser Al Qahtani scored a bicycle kick (that was disallowed unfairly) when he first burst on the scene but he's already slowing down. :(

16. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope these Iranian players are treated well in Iran and Iran circumstance improve.

BTW, I read Park's goal celebration was to celebrate Korean Manager's twin (baby) grandchilds. They were imitating baby crawling on his hands and knees. It was preplanded to show their pure gratitude to Manager.
    Still that funny goal celebration somehow contrasted with deep circumstance of Iranian players. Something like a scene in a film which show contrast of joy and grief.

17. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    This is mad respect. Props to those brave players.

18. Iranfootie

Iranfootie Member

Dec 20, 2006
    We definitely need a unified Arab-Israeli team! That would be awesome.

19. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    Not surprising but I read somewhere that those players have already been kicked off the national team.

20. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
  21. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
  22. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  23. PingPongPang

PingPongPang New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Didn't have the balls to "retire" Javad Nekounam or Shojaei I guess?

24. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    sad for kaebi he is only 24

25. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So FIFA will punish the Iranian FA for the action???

Per FIFA regulation, interference from government or politics on every football affair is banned.