Post-match: WC2018 Match 3 Portugal-Spain 15 June

Discussion in 'Spain: National Teams' started by Pichi, Jun 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #1 Pichi, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Final Score Match 3

Portugal 3 Spain 3

No trolling or you will be issued an infraction and depending on the offense banned.

2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Too many gifts, and it's not even Christmas.

3. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    You cannot make the silly errors that we did and expect to win these games. This is all on us. Full credit to Cristiano for capitalizing on the mistakes but I'm pissed and disappointed by our mistakes

4. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    De Gea needs to be dropped. Let's see if Hierro has the guts to do so

5. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Up 2-3 and burning the clock with Tiki Taka instead of getting that fourth goal and it cost them, the defense is not as tight as in 2010 and with a keeper who is making mistakes like today and in earlier matches a one goal lead will not stand up at the end. You knew damn well Hierro told everyone no stupid ass fouls in front of the box and Pique late in the game screws the pooch with a unnecessary foul and it cost Spain big time!

6. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    :(

7. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Tbh, we would have kept the win with possession if Pique didn't make that dumb foul. He had a good game apart from that, but goddamn. You have that, and then Nacho with the late challenge for the penalty, and then De Gea pushing the ball into the goal (or the equivalent of it) giving away 3 goals like that, and even if we didn't try to hold the score with tiki taka, you'll have a hard time.

Nacho recovered as the match progressed and annulled his mistake with his amazing goal. I think our midfield looked excellent and our defense good. Costa is starting to score. I think Hierro made 'good' subs (in the sense I would have made them as well) So there's a lot of good to take away from this game. Except for those 3 gifts.

Again, becoming 2nd *might* not be such a bad thing, but now we need to win both the remaining games. And both Morroco and Iran aren't pushovers, their game was actually pretty good as well.

8. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  9. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I listened to SER on my way into work after the match and the announcers basically said that when you take into consideration all that the NT has gone through this week, the result is favorable. Yes the three points would have been a great way to start, but the fact that the team came back twice in critical moments after an early goal and a late first half goal and took the lead says something. The expectation would be that these mistakes can be rectified going forward, Iran and Morocco will be easier opponents than Portugal, however there is no room in group play or KO stages for the mistakes made today. For me Isco and Costa were the MOTM for La Furia today.

Aupa Espanha y La Furia Roja!

Oscar and Juanele repped this.
  10. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

11. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California