WC15: Our home on native land

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Jun 5, 2015.

1. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I imagine that, in the next few days, there will be some border-crossing, snarky-but-relevant comments to be made about games, ads and sponsors, commentators, stadium snacks (June 5 = National Donut Day in the US), field turf, FIFA (Federation International F$%& All), and so on... perhaps they can go here.

For the thread title, again we thank the incomparable William Shatner, who says, "I don't want this to see the light of day." What if we show it at night (or better yet, with start times at 3am)? "Perfect."

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Canada sucks.

Sweden is just a Punktelieferant.

Germany has the best hockey team of all three.

3. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    #3 jocasta, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    'Points supplier', says Giggle. As implied insults go, that's impressively obscure.

"What's wrong with you, Maroszan, yer playin' like a regional manager!"

"What's wrong with you, Team Sweden, yer playin' like a bunch of regional managers!"

I had originally tried to turn this line of insults back on Team Germany, but thought better of it. Angry Germans ain't nuthin' to mess with. On the other hand, I can totally see someone on or at Team Sweden getting so mad about a play choice, or a player's performance, that they felt compelled to write a letter to the newspaper about it, or perhaps even write an open memo to the staff.

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree. Reliable "title-supplier" is far more precise.

As for Maro:
    She always delivers within 30 minutes, mostly in the right bottom corner of Hammarström's hut.

5. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Who dat? Oh, I see. Oh, hahaha, you poor dear, you seem to think that Team Sweden has taken along a good goalkeeper.

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And please, why do you need google for German? Swedish is nothing but a 6th century dumbed-down version of German. If you were willing to put a little effort in this you could understand German very well and quickly. The problem is you cant do that so quickly with your 6th century football.

7. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    #7 jocasta, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    Oh sure, that kind of point, that kind of title. Silly me! My mind went right to business analytics and supply chains and legalities. Oh haha, it is to laugh. (jeebus, what a missuppfattning. now everyone probably thinks I'm completely nuts.) Right, where were we?
    cough Well my understanding is that, back in the day, all us proto-Germanic speakers had those pesky cases and things, which persisted through the language of the rune carvers. My people eventually moved on to a modern analytic language with a more flexible syntax (kinda like our lovely fluid playing style), while yours stuck with that horrible synthetic crap (kinda like your playing style: stiff, inflexible, encumbered, unable to cope with novelty or prepositions).

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And my guess is that this dumbing down of language actually resulted from a broad development in intelligence devolving amongst Scandinavian tribes. The same to be seen with English when as soon as you set a foot on their island, the genders in English faded away. German stayed the language of thinkers and writers to this day. Even nowadays Swedish prefer English ahead of their own language, in music(uaaaaah) in tv(only subtitles) and you even play footy as bad as the English. You guys are basically mainlands Europe English, only with better teeth.

To prove my point, I'll share this with you:

9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    psst: you're a day early. you're going to turn into a prune before your opening game.

Teeheehee, "mainland Europe". That's news to us! And I, being of progressive mind, look forward to the day when all languages have evolved so far so as to release themselves from this cumbersome and socially constructed burden of gender. Free your nouns, and your hearts and minds will follow.

Soon Rammstein's juvenile mindless thrashing about will be forgotten, but the melodic melancholic power of ABBA is eternal. Give in to their dark power while you still have time.

Hey, what's Team Germany's coach these days? Is it still Envy? Do you also have Sloth as your trainer in charge of conditioning and Gluttony as the team dietician?

11. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Huh? Schmonsense! Today's CL final in Berlin or is there something else happening?! Berlin, you know, is where Germany always leads 4-0 after 60 minutes!
    So you didnt hear about this? What do you think how long before you pay in Euro?

And: Socially constructed? Was nature socially constructed in Sweden? lol was there some viking tribal meeting and you deliberately decided to breed through sexual intercourse of two physically totally equal human beings?
    And shouldnt be the song's name "dancing monarch" then? By the way, 1972 Munich, you're welcome! ;)
    I dunno but is granny Sjööööäääääooooogran still playing? How is that possible without walking aid? Or is Sara "out-of-the-stadium-ball" Thunebro helping her?

12. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Swedish tv4 coverage (giving background and speculation on Team Sweden) switches off during the opening ceremony and says that if you really want to see it, you can go to the online service. A quick check of the ceremony online reveals that tv4's decision was the Right Thing To Do, at least from an aesthetic perspective.

13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Apaprently no one in Canada knows the lyrics of their anthem.

14. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    tv4 did show the Canadian players singing it and someone had the mic on them; they hit like 3 different notes just on the last word, which has only one syllable. Impressive.

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And they cant even sell their stadium out in a home WC. seriously wtf Canada?

16. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    This is not an exciting game, so let's speculate on what could cause one to think that wearing a day-glo green headband is a good idea. I know, I know, it matches the bra, but I'm not sure that's reason enough.

Next up on tv4: Marklund's Doom, in which commentator and WC03 veteran/defense hero Hanna Marklund (who is all gussied up in the studio) will, presumably, excoriate Canada's left back.

17. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I'm not sure which is more offensive, the level of play in the opening game, or the Gazprom ads. Looking forward to seeing some other teams with better reputations for ball handling and passing, to see how they do on this godawful billiards table of a pitch. Not much to be done about Gazprom, I suppose. Maybe Vlad 'Illre-' Putin will show up, since I suppose Uncle Sepp had to work overtime this weekend.

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The worst thing at play here is Canada's anti-soccer.

19. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana

What's wrong with the Gazprom ads? I've been watching the men's U20 WC and I think FIFA and Gazprom did a fabulous job with those ads. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gricio61 repped this.
  20. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nah, the reaction is explained with her/him being Swedish. and for months now they're shitting their pants from Russian uboat sightings at their coast et al.

gricio61 repped this.
  21. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Is this a place where we can vent about the turf without being moderated? After watching the first games, my worst fears have been confirmed and I am so pissed that Canada is getting away with being so cheap!

22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #22 White/Blue_since1860, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Yes, but this place is not as nearly frequented as the central forum. Ill invite you nonetheless to show your protest there. My plan for the next weeks has already priced in getting kicked there. Sometimes it seems like Im the only turf hater there cause the other posters are such pussies.

23. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Yah, it's more of a reaction to the whole FIFA/Blatter thing. If Germany sold arms to countries with dubious human rights records in order to help secure a World Cup, then goodness only knows what Russia might have done to the same end. Seeing the Gazprom ads only reminds me of that. Mind you, I'm not 'offended' enough to boycott or anything, so perhaps 'offended' was the wrong word, but it was way to late at night to search for the word with the precisely correct semantic valence. The game itself wasn't really 'offensive' either. 'Awful', perhaps. 'Boring' for sure.

"At the coast"?? Try 'cruising around in the downtown of the capital city'! You might freak out a tad too. Russia's only a very short boat ride away, and that Putin fellow is Worrisome.

Depends on what you mean by 'without being moderated', but clever complaints about Injustice are always welcome. Probably it won't be seen by as many people but maybe that's not your primary motivation.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  24. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    I was just wondering if there was a place to discuss the issue, since I don't want to spam the group threads, and in the main WWC 2015 forum the topic doesn't seem welcome.

25. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    My bad, I assumed that you were referring to the "cheesiness" factor of the commercials, so I made an effort to pay attention last night. It is rather cheesy but it's the WWC, damn it.:p LOL.
    That said, your sentiments are valid and I don't begrudge for them. Obviously, I hadn't put much(enough?) thought into matters. :oops: