Wc watch parties

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by LaMacchia+10, Jun 9, 2010.

1. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn, I won't be there. I'm watching the first two games from home and then heading to an all you can drink beer tent with the game on tv. otherwise known as the St.Louis Brewers Heritage Festival in Forest Park. Have a good time guys!

2. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    went to barristers... was a great time, great atmosphere

3. GatewayRSC

GatewayRSC Member

Dec 17, 2009
    St Louis
    Club:
    Rangers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else stuck recording fridays match wanna get together for a watch party that evening. Sadly my wife doesn't yell and curse at the tv as much as I would like.

4. ussoccerTILLiDIE

ussoccerTILLiDIE New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    American Outlaws and daypints will be at the amsterdam friday morning...hope to see you all there

5. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chickenhead +3 for the Amsterdam. I love having a good reason to drink beer in the morning.

6. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd I'd Rather Walk Alone

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should be there tomorrow as well. Gotta love mornings off for situations such as this. :)

7. TimmyHoward

TimmyHoward Member

Jun 18, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To everyone who went to Amesterdam on Friday, how was it? I really want to make it down there for the Wed game, how early should I arrive? Also I'm 19 would I be able to get in, I wouldn't be drinking just want to watch in a great surrounding. The last time I emailed the guy was for the Mexico match in Aug last year and he said you had to be 21, but maybe the rules have changed.

8. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

there were some younger people there on Friday. I got there about 15 minutes before the USA kick-off and I was stuck standing in the sun with a bad view of the TV. Tons of people there, if you want to watch there I suggest you get there as early as possible. I ended up walking down the street and watching the second half at the Tin Can. Much less crowded and a better view of the game. So, better atmosphere at the 'Dam- more comfortable at the Can. :)

9. Nyghtewynd

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got there at about 7:15 or so, and the inside tables were full and about 20 people already at the outside picnic benches. If you want to sit, you'd better get there at close to 6am (when it opens) as you can. I don't think you'll have a problem getting in if you come through the back...someone brought their kids yesterday. I'm not sure I'd do that, but it gives you an idea. The crowd was more...tense...than on Saturday, and I'm sure that it'll be even more so on Wednesday, but it's still worth it. :)

10. TimmyHoward

TimmyHoward Member

Jun 18, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I just called them, open at 6:30, however you have to be 21 to enter, I explained I was 19 and wouldn't drink to a response of "sorry bud." I go to their website and KSDK channel 5 ran a report on the game Friday and their first shot had a kid who looked to be no older than 10 sitting at a table with his father. Is the 25 min drive worth the risk?

11. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you could try Tigin downtown. call them and see what their policy is.

12. Nyghtewynd

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look--it's not my bar, and I can't tell you what to do. All I can say is that there were more than a couple of children there...not late teenagers or near-legals, but KIDS. Take that for what it's worth.

13. TimmyHoward

TimmyHoward Member

Jun 18, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for all the responses and tips guys, it has helped a lot. If I don't make it downtown Wed enjoy the game and a USA victory!