WC Viewing near Columbia, MD?

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by Darth Tater, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Does anyone know of places that will be showing the games in this area? I work near UMBC and need to minimize the time I'm out of the office. So something around Columbia, Hanover, Catonsville, Ellicott City is fast and easy (and have plenty of parking).

2. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    0900 games are going to be tough. I'm assuming that you aren't trying to watch every game (and still make it appear that you're in the office :eek:)

For 1200 and 1500 games, there's a bar on Frederick road with a couple of TVs, just west of the main intersection.

I'm sure the student union at UMBC will have the TV set to the world cup.

If you're down on 40, Loafers in Catonsville has TV's - again 0900 problem.

Slainte in Fells Point will be showing all the games - little far.

You could always go to Walmart, Best Buy, Circuit City.

Just my 2 Euro.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to start checking those places this week. Didn't even think of the UMBC student union, that would definitely be the closest place.

Sadly, no, won't be able to watch all the games live, at least during the group stage. So far only planning on the weekday US games and England v Sweden live, taping everything else to watch when I get home from work. I may be working some crazy hours during the later stages so I can catch the weekday games live.:D