WC Viewing in Richmond VA

Discussion in 'DC Chapter' started by rwhgeek, Jun 3, 2010.

1. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Places I know in the RVA area that will be showing most if not all World Cup games. The comments are strictly my own and no reflection of American Outlaws as an organization or their leadership.

Gus' at 2701 W. Broad St., Richmond This is the place I will be going with my friends. Decent food & prices compared to others. TVs in all the booths, open space and large screen projection TV that looked awesome for the Champion's League Final.

Penny Lane at 421 E Franklin St, Richmond this one is the old school RVA soccer establishment. It will likely be as you may guess by the name pro English. Haven't been in awhile but serves a variety of beers common to the UK. Food not great. It is located downtown so for weekday games get in early during the last World Cup they were turning people away from the door. The atmosphere will be passionate.

Bailey's 11581 Robious Rd, Richmond This one is located on the Southside. Not known as a soccer bar. However they are opening at 9am for all games will have a breakfast menu and are promising giveaways. Big TVs but carefully choose your seat because some are much better than others. Good beer selection and decent foods.

2. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for sharing (and providing helpful commentary!)

K

3. EmUnited

EmUnited New Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any meet-ups in the Fredericksburg area?

4. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another one for the RVA list is The Republic open for all the games on a 110" screen and special menu.