WC Ticket information will be online 25-JAN

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Mikeymike15, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In answer to the two questions above, I would try to nail down who is definately going before the March 31 phase I deadline. You must include passport numbers for all guests. According the ticket website:

"Only the FWCTC is authorized to changes names of applicants or visitors. You are not authorized to change them yourself. According to the sales directives and the general ticket sales terms and conditions these changes (i.e. transfer) require an application. On principle, the organising committee will have to give its approval. In special cases (family matters like marriage, death, or illness) the organising committee will give that approval. This transfer is chargeable. The fee is € 10,- plus shipping."​

BTW, you can expedite the passport service, but even with regular service, I'd expect your passport to be sent to you by the end of February if you ordered it now.

2. socrne1

socrne1 Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 12, 2003
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the help on this, any ideas if you are not able to name the other two names in time, can you use your name twice and the other persons name twice, or basically your screwed and can only get 2 tics?

3. Dipsfan14

Dipsfan14 New Member

May 23, 2003
    B-more
    Thanks for the response. So the odds of winning are not that steep - i.e. if I am listed on two or three applications you guys think I would actually run a serious risk of winning the lottery more than once?
    I guess there is no way to know for sure if that is considering violating the "one entry per household" clause.
    Thanks again for the help.
    Cheers.

4. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Honestly, I believe the bigger risk is all 4 applications being tossed out as you alluded to with your last statement regarding Scalpers.

11. How many tickets can I apply for?

One applicant, depending on the price category, can order up to four tickets per match. In addition to tickets for themselves, applicants can order so-called visitor tickets for up to three more persons Please note the following limitations

Either single tickets or TST series can be ordered.
    Applicants can only apply for tickets in one price category per match. This price category applies to all visitors listed in the application as well.
    Per household only four single tickets in price category 1, 2, or 3 for up to 7 matches OR up to two tickets in price category 4 for up to for 3 matches can be applied for.
    It is not permitted to order tickets for two matches taking place on the same day.
    Per household only one application can be submitted per sales phase. Additional applications in subsequent sales phases must not exceed the maximum number (for single tickets in price category 1, 2, or 3 for up to seven matches OR two single tickets in price category 4 for up to three matches).
    Example: You received tickets for two matches in category 1, 2, or 3 in sales phase one. You may apply for tickets for up to five more matches in category 1, 2, or 3 in the subsequent sales phases.
    Only up to four TST series can be ordered per household.

Failure to comply with these limitations can cause the complete rejection of applications.
    Therefore please ensure that you do not order more tickets than permitted per person and per household. Any applications by persons applying for more tickets than permitted can be excluded from the allocation process retroactively as well. The applicable criterion is the sum of applications in which persons appear as applicants and applications where persons appear as visitors on other applicants’ applications.

5. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very good point. The moral of the story: make sure your name and passport number are on one and only one app.

6. Dipsfan14

Dipsfan14 New Member

May 23, 2003
    B-more
    Thanks again. We'll just submit one application for the four of us and take our chances. Wish there was a way to increase the odds of winning. We won't really know how big the odds are until FIFA posts how many people entered, but 500,000 people on the first day sounds kind of ominous to me.

7. CosmosKramer

CosmosKramer Member

Sep 24, 2000
    Yokohama
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I plan on going with the family. Anyone know if I'll have to get a ticket for a 1.5 year old?

8. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "All souls who enter this gate must have a ticket." Yes. I had to buy a ticket for my 6-month old and 4-year old for the WCQ in Birmingham as well.

9. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read on Deutsche Welle or somewhere that anticipated demand was about 30,000,000 seats requested. With around 3,000,000 seats available, that would give us a 10% chance ceteris paribus. Fortunately, not all things are equal. Someone buying TSTs for the USMNT stands a slightly better chance than someone buying TSTs for the German national team. Lesser demand vs. greater demand.

10. T. Donovan

T. Donovan New Member

Jun 11, 2001
    Newport, MN
    Well, this was a major post for us poor fools in Minnesota.

We were focused on the word "household." To me, that meant that the "applicant" and the three "guests" had to actually live at the same address and maybe even have to have the same last name. But when I re-read #3 of FAQ, I noticed the following: "(Household being defined as one surname per delivery address.)"

So, it would appear that any four people can order tickets together as long as they all use the applicant's credit card and mailing address. Correct?

On another point, I would strongly suggest that one's name be used on only one application, whether as an applicant or as a guest. Even with the large number of folks applying for the lottery, I think it would be quite simple for FIFA to catch that and invalidate all such applications.

11. Avisday1

Avisday1 Member

Feb 2, 2005
    San Antonio,TX
    Are you guys sure about being on only one application? The way I understand it is that I can be on as many applications as I want AS LONG AS:
    1. The applications are from seperate households.
    2. I'm not requesting tickets for 2 different matches on the same day.
    3. The number of tickets I am requesting is not more than 7.

So in other words, if my friend and I want a US TST-3 package, he can submit an application with my name and his and I can do the same, since, theoretically if we both win we're on the hook for only 6 tickets each. But this is just my opinion, I'm sure someone will have a different view.

12. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Well lets think about this for a second....best case if you're succesful, what you're stating is that you will have under your name 2 tickets for one match. Do you really think that FIFA will overlook this loop hole and assign two tickets to the same person to one match? I think not.

If I were interpreting the ruling or creating the screening program to ensure fair distribution of the tickets I would just set up a filter that screens for tickets allocated to peoples name (or ID), cross-reference that to the date of the game, and if any matches came up where two tickets had the same name and the same date (let alone same match number), dump it into a file for review/expulsion.

If you think you could be successful in this loop hole then I think you're being naive. If you are in fact successful then I've lost all faith in FIFA, Germans, and the ability to distribute tickets properly.

Further I'd be extremely pissed off because ticket touts could do the same thing, horde the tickets and reduce my chances of getting tickets.

Is this a Risk you're willing to take? especially considering they could retroactively dissolve all your ticket applications and allotments as stated in item 12 of the Ticket FAQ?

13. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    OK wait, i thought I understood this, but something said earlier in this thread has me confused. When you buy a TST for a couple hundred euro (i forget how much exactly) is that like the full package for one person or do you have to pay that much for each match?

14. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    That covers all the games, the full package.

15. Jay Cee

Jay Cee New Member

Jul 9, 2002
    San Jose
    I think anyone who waits to purchase tickets through US Soccer is crazy. At least you are bettering my chances of getting seats through the lottery.

I had tickets in 2002 for the USA TST-3, cat. 3. It was by far the best place to be with all the other American supporters. FIFA does not want to cause problems in the stadium, so they are going to put supporters groups in the same area.

Again, thanks for all who are waiting for the USSF ticketing. Good luck. It wasn't a problem in 2002 to get tickets through them since not many were travelling to Korea. It's a whole new world this time around, with fans, sponsors, player families, etc.