WC Qualifying Round Deux: RUSSIA vs. SLOVENIA [R]

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Dimuha, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yea hopefully, Slovenia will have to attack more and that shoudl leave us openings. We'll see if we can finish.

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    If Pavlyuchenko plays like he did on Sat. and Arshavin plays like he should Russia will get it done. Bystrov needs to start this game too imo, don't know why he didn't last game...maybe Hiddink doesn't like to play too cute with Bilya/Bystrov at one time. Especially away, you'll need to play tough in the middle

3. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So, you absolve Hiddink of Russia's let down in the last 10-15 minutes of the Saturday match? I think he's just as respoinsible as anyone else.

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw the match in three stages.

The first half was relatively even. Both sides played well, but there were no clear cut chances, until Bilya made a great individual effort for a goal.

The first half of the second half was pure Russian domination, which got them a somewhat lucky, but deserved goal. The second half of the first half was much like the first half. Slovenia got their legs back and started playing well, got the goal they really needed.

I think the second leg will be a good batch of entertainment or nail biting depending on your perspective.

5. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Zhirko created a 100% chance in the first half.

6. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Anyone know where I can find a list of bars or whatever that are showing the match ? I don't want to see it on the CPU.

7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You will have to call ahead Dima. The Russia-Slovenia 2nd leg match is on Setanta Xtra, which means that only Directv subscribers to Setanta will get it. If you know a buddy with Directv, pay the $15 and you can see the game.

Otherwise, use this link and call ahead to make sure they have it.

http://www.setanta.com/US/TV-Listings-OLD/Venue-Finder2/

Bar/Venue Timothy O'Toole's Address 622 N Fairbanks Court City Chicago, IL 60611 Phone 312-642-5282 Distance 0.69 miles (approx.) [map]
    Bar/Venue Fado (Chicago) Address 100 West Grand St City Chicago, IL 60610 Phone 312-836-0066 Website www.fadoirishpub.com Distance 0.86 miles (approx.) [map]
    Bar/Venue Kerryman, The Address 661 North Clark Street City Chicago, IL 60610 Phone 312-335-8121 Website www.thekerrymanchicago.com Distance 0.86 miles (approx.) [map]
    Bar/Venue Boss Bar Address 420 North Clark City Chicago, IL 60610 Phone 312-527-1203 Distance 0.86 miles (approx.) [map]
    Bar/Venue Joe's Bar Address 940 West Weed St. City Chicago, IL 60622 Phone 312-337-3486 Website www.joesbar.com Distance 2.92 miles (approx.) [map]
    Bar/Venue Players Bar And Grill Address 551 N Ogden Avenue City Chicago, IL 60622 Phone 312-733-2121 Distance 2.92 miles (approx.) [map]
    Bar/Venue Paddy Long's Address 1028 West Diversey City Chicago, IL 60614 Phone 773-290-6988 Website www.paddylongs.com Distance 3.17 miles (approx.) [map]
    Bar/Venue Sedgwick's Address 1935 North Sedgwick Street City Chicago, IL 60614 Phone 312-337-7900 Website www.sedgwickschicago.com Distance 3.17 miles (approx.) [map]

8. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Thanks for the info.

9. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The only thing I blame him for is taking off Pavlyuchenko for Sychev. That's what gave Slovenia the edge imo.

10. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Check out this hilarious Hiddink/Arshavin cartoon animation at around 40 min of this video, don't be lazy its worth it. Click on the link and then go to the 'football weekend' episode and get to the 40 min mark. Its after the player interviews and before the game highlights

http://kanalukraina.tv/

11. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Does the SVN - RUS conflict with the USA - DEN friendly? I was disappointed not to see it scheduled on ESPN2. BTW, I am planning to get sick with vomitting and projectile diarrhea for this occasion, so I can stay home, sip hot tea with rugulas and watch the game.

12. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well the Ukraine-Greece match actually conflicts with USA-Denmark. USA-Denmark will start on ESPN Classic and then get switched over to ESPN2 once the Ukraine match is over.

My guess is that ESPN bought the rights to Greece-Ukraine from Setanta, while Setanta either decided to hold onto Russia, or the time slot did not make it worth ESPN's while. Or the USA-Denmark game took precedence.

13. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    If no one looks at the link to the funny animation you guys suck balls :)

14. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Salty chocolate balls.

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Why don't you have a look? that is if you can understand Russian.. :p

Seriously its funny as hell, watch it

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Hopefully I can catch this leg.

17. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Went to the 40 minute mark and they were just talking about Ukraine's home game.

btw, that Shuster guy is on Ukrainian tv now ? Major myaso lover !

18. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Just checked it again, my bad. They start talking about Russia just after 43 min and the cartoon is at 48:30.

19. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Footy, I seriously don't see it. It's just Gusin and his kid watching football.

20. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You're looking at the wrong time bar probably, the one on the left should read 48 min, not the one on the right. The show is an hour long, that should do it ;)

21. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yea, the one on the left said 48 : 30.

Let me see one more time hold up.

22. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spent about 10 minutes trying to find it, but I could not and moved on to my Chocolate salty balls.

23. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    WOOOWWW....you couldn't find anything about Russia between 40-55 min mark of a video that's only 1 hour long? and you spent 10 min trying? :rolleyes: lol, ok you guys better hope Sumthing can find it on youtube because its hella funny

24. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I'll look it up on you tube shortly.

25. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been dealing with a pain in the ass excel spreadsheet and trying to write a review all day, so I was hoping for a quick laugh.