(WC Qualifier) Germany v. Sweden - 10.16.2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Err because the coach doesn't know how to implement his team this way? He's been desperately trying to copy either Spain or Bayern (I don't know) after the counter-attacking style of 2010, and he doesn't seem to have a clue how to do it. It would be hilarious though if Germany in 14' after Loew getting so much crap, though I have to say I am not optimistic of their chances. One way I can see it is Spain/Italy never playing against Germany and Germany having a bit of luck on their side.

http://www.goal.com/en/rumours/last/72

Any truth to this?

2. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  3. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if Germany win in 14'***

4. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Dunno, but I have to admit I was actually thinking the same after the game even though I was only thinking about Sven.

5. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it was on everyone's mind and he's got a point. Sven only recently got back from injury so maybe that figured into him not being on the squad and I think the same was true of Lars who missed the Stuttgart game. I do think both should get a chance in that position though instead of Kroos.

6. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He didn't say that in front of the cameras, but inside the locker room according to some sources.

Funny that he didn't mention Khedira. :laugh:

Raumdeuter, nekkibasara and Equilibrium repped this.
  7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gundogan and Leitner are the future of the double six along with the Bender bros...

8. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Because he was injured and called up regularly? Whereas the Benders rarely if ever get a chance. Makes more sense doesn't it?

9. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think we can beat spain. If Ozil doesn't try and fight through n just goes down in the box in 2010 we have a penalty with a chance to take a 1-0 lead into half time. And our loss to them in 2008 came down to Lehmann being a thousand years old.

Italy really worries me, because they're Italy and we're Germany, but Spain I think we can take.

10. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Considering they have Swedish blood, they should have played. It was destiny. Loew paid the price for not playing them. You can't mess with God.

11. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's interesting to see that Loews central midfielder is becoming outspoken in the dressing room about his tactical and selection failures. The last time that happened Ballack forced him to accept the 4-5-1 formation...

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think we need a 4-3-3 formation for cases to"protect a lead'.

Schuerrle---------Reus----------Oezil

Bender----------Khedira-------Schweini

Schmelzer---Hummels---Bads---Lahm

13. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That formation even has the shape of a bus.

14. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looks good to me, except I would have Mueller on the field instead of Schuerrle since he provides much better pressing and defensive cover.

15. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That was a classic CL performance from Bayern. Around the 60th min Bayern strung together a series of like 35 unintercepted passes and a goalscoring chance at the end which was missed almost every bayern player touched the ball in that move. At that point Citeh just gave up.

In football you should be able to mix it up. Even Barca at the beginning of games, rush and race up the field towards the end if they have a good lead just pass you to boredom

16. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    If Loew actually watched Leverkusen, he would have realized that Sidney Sam is a much better player than Schuerrle. He is quick and can dribble just like Schuerrle but he has a better decision making and technical ability. It is not even close. Having said that, I still havent lose hope that Schuerrle will become a great player but he is very frustrating to watch.

17. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm honestly shocked that Loew hasn't given him a chance.

18. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Now I expect the lads to respond to the critics in emphatic fashion by destroying Netherlands next month in Amsterdam. Final score 3-0.

19. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Too defensive imo. Easy solution would be to either take Ozil off or put him on the wing as you did, but I would put Kroos as the AM as he defend quite well for that position. To be quite honest, I'm not really all that happy with Ozil playing at all in the biggest matches but that's another story entirely.

20. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope we get our asses handed to us. I want Loew and the players to get the message loud and clear that this team isn't going to win anything without major changes.

21. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jogi can be blamed for many things, but probably not for not nominating the Benders for this match against Sweden. Lars was called up initially, but cancelled the two qualifiers due to an injury. Sven got kicked in the face for the 105th time in recent memory and didn't train for a couple of days the week before this match happened. Maybe they would have been available and ready to play if this had been the World Cup final, however, for a "regular" match like this, it was reasonable to not just ignore their injuries and force them to participate at all costs.

The problem was Khedira's injury under these circumstances. Germany has a wealth of players for the central position(s) (Schweinsteiger, Khedira, Gündogan, Bender, Bender; Kroos), however, if 4 of those are injured, there's obviously not many options left.

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fuck Kroos! He blows when it comes to defend. The whole reason behind this formation is to have three people bossing the midfield and three creative players up front for the counter.

23. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You clearly have not been watching Bayern play this season or the last otherwise you wouldn't be stating such nonsense.

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I clearly saw an inspired Sweden run all over his ass a few days ago...something I do not think would have happened with more defensive-minded players.

25. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    +1

I thought Mueller was epic in the CL final.

He can provide a lot of pressure on the ball as a 10, or control one flank.

Its just a shame he is made to play so wide all the time.