(WC Qualifier) Austria vs. Germany 09.11.2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, Sep 9, 2012.

1. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sharpen your knives fellas.

2. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bench ozil, gotze, muller nauer, lahm, hummels ... they are all shit! LOEW out of the NT!! what a disgrace! I cant believe we STILL NEED to play Austria!! they should give us the 3 points already!!!

Minttunator and Dhajj repped this.
  3. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol...

I expect a tough and hard-ass game. Austria always try to give us a run for our money when we playing at their pitch. I´d say we win 1-2.

4. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i think thats a fair assessment..

if we score first and early it could be a 2-1 or 3-1 game... if the game drags on, we could scrape by with a last minute goal type of deal..

1-0

5. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I'm thinking a comfortable 2-0 win. Austria always give it a go and always fall just a little short.

Dhajj repped this.
  6. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I remember this fixture last year except it was a EURO qualifier. We so did not deserve to win that game but Golmez bailed us out in the last minute

7. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hoping to see this in midfield.

Reus-----Ozil-----Gotze
    ----Khedira--Kroos

Muller doesn't play well when tired, and 3 matches in 9 days is a lot. Better to play Gotze IMO who is fresher having only played 28 minutes on matchday 2 in the Bundesliga.

odd1234 and Kirsten19 repped this.
  8. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yah might not be bad idea...

Maybe we can get Reus upfront and schurrle on the wings...

9. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Seems all the NTs are playing more of a tiki taka style. I have watched the NT, the U21 and the youths these few days and the number of times I have shouted out - shoot! - or - get it in the area' while our players are now coached to try and walk the ball through a defence. Ugh!

German style should always be powerful, direct and physical with pace either through the centre or down the flanks. Long live the styles of Hrubesch, Bierhoff, Gomez etc

Tiki Taka with all its foreplay and no ********ing will kill me off. I do not think German fans will like this.

10. Minttunator

Minttunator Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Estonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Same here, I think we can hope for a close win after a hard-fought match. :)

11. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Huh? Germany was most successful playing its most intricate sophisticated style. You're being naive here.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  12. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What you're describing or seeing isn't Tiki Taka though. Tiki Taka HAS end product. It's just that we don't have a culture built for it yet. In addition, we still insist on playing with a striker. Well it's a bit deeper. Maybe Klose 2006 form would have been excellent but he has a lot of drawbacks now and can't be reliable.

Other than that we have nobody and Loew isn't taking the necessary risks to progress the formation.

13. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I was watching the U21 game earlier, and realized the difference when a towering, aerial threat in Sebastian Polter was subbed in. Afterall, u need someone who needa play some tough-nose football and execute.

Take Oezil as an example. He may still prefer to pass rather than shoot inside the penalty box even if he was left open. The style is far too indirect.

We dont make long shots, n players are not willing to take risks and pass any longer than 10 meters. We play "soft", unphysical and indirect. Even Klose, can always disappear for long stretches of time n being less n less reliable due to his age n fitness level. Klose,nowadays, isnt a threat at all beyond 12 meters from the goal.

I am just feeling sad that our NT no longer plays with physicality, toughness n being so indirect these days

14. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hoping to see Gotze and Reus both start.

15. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Jausengegner = Österreich
    Ahahahaha. :D

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  16. DerChef

DerChef Member+

Oct 5, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do any of you guys have an idea if the match is being shown in the UK? Normally the Germany games are on ESPN UK, but I am drawing a blank here as they are showing France v Belarus. Last alternative is a stream...

17. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thank God we don't play like the old days. I would hate that.

We aren't the finished article. Germany is still learning to play a new and more sophisticated style of football and it's ok to be patient. However we need to see the changes NOT at the NT level but at the domestic level.

Seeing the U 19 and U17 is encouraging. That's the first true generation that I'm seeing that can play that style. Maybe not the current one but we have some quality coming through.

18. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    i may be the minority, but i really like what i saw from Polter in the last few games. Very impressive

19. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He is nothing special. He strikes me as the tall strong physical forward who will get on the end of crosses. (In the Wagner mold) His ground game is mediocre and non-existent. It's good to have that option and he may just turn out to be useful because he is part of this new generation that is perhaps more in tune with the technical players around him, not in terms of technicality or individual brilliance but understanding.

Either way I wouldn't want him to be the prototypical forward we build our ideology around.

20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -------------------Neuer--------------------

Lahm-----Hummels---Badstuber--Schmelzer

-------------Khedira-------Kroos-----------

Müller ----------- Özil----------------Reus

-------------------Klose----------------------

Matakos and Dhajj repped this.
  21. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like it. Swapping Kroos for Bender is the only change I might make, although probably not. Maybe Goetze for Mueller, but again not necessarily.

22. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not too happy with Kroos in midfield but I suppose it's Austria...

23. DerChef

DerChef Member+

Oct 5, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Any of you guys have a stream where you are? TV is a no-go here, not a peep.

24. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Hummels with an amateurish error. Austria almost scored

25. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hummels/:eek: that you get from no CL experience...

Whats with the hostile crowd here?