WC Qatar 2022 - The Cup of Shame

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Dage, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And here it is, our World Cup 2022 thread for all things regarding the German team and the World Cup as a whole. For discussing other teams, pls use the other teams thread. There will also be a special thread for every German matchday.

Official DFB Qata 2022 Homepage

Group E:

Wednesday 11/23/'22 at 2 p.m.: Germany vs Japan

Sunday 11/27/'22 at 8 p.m.: Spain vs Germany

Thursday 21/01/'22 at 8 p.m.: Costa Rica vs Germany

The Jitty Slitter and BorisG repped this.
  2. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Havertz just scored a beautiful goal !!!!

For Chelsea 1-2

Ger90 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    feels like ages since he last scored.:p

hope its the winning goal not that I care about Chelski.

BorisG repped this.
  4. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cracker from havertz. Looks like the winner.

BorisG, Alex C and Ger90 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    gonna miss this clown once he retires.

Muller really wants Lewa to play EL.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ator, BorisG, dips82 and 4 others repped this.
  6. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looool

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    noice Havertz goalazo was game winning goa;!!!!

BorisG repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @Ator
    "At the 1998 WC we played against Yugoslavia in the preliminary round. I remember the ARD/ZDF journalist mentioning at one point that the German on-field squad had an average age of 32. I was 15ish and somewhat shocked that my beloved 1990 heroes would soon disappear.

That is why 2002 was one of my favorite WCs. New hope!
    Still not convinced about Qatar though. As already said, I would go totally youth and play the hell out of Musiala, Moukoko, Schlotti, Wirtz (sniff), etc. 2010 hurrah style!"

I'm also not convinced but since I'm going with 0 expectations. Just gonna enjoy the ride. Although my deep down desire is SF run, no matter what happens please no GS OUT.

Flick would never go full youth as long as the 95-96 are still in prime.

back in 2010 was whole change of an era as the players who were key figures in 2000s reitired or forced due to injury ala Ballack which opened door for youth revolution. Timing was pefect back then.

Ator repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm enjoying the Dortmund German contingent vs Oil City,

Sule, Hummels, Schlotti, Can, Brandt, Adyemi, Moukoko looking good.

Adeyemi and Moukoko should already have scored too....

was funny seeing Can schooling Foden, LMAO.

BorisG, Alex C, BVBFNM and 1 other person repped this.
  10. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Adeyemi been a real threat.

Foden is overrated.

Ger90 and Alex C repped this.
  11. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Julian brandt is such a technically gifted player. Very good on the eye. Also schlotterbeck, sule, hummels been outstanding at the back. Hummels has to go to the world cup.

Ger90 repped this.
  12. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Werner finally scores a goal vs Real Madrid.

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    amazing day for German attackers,

Havertz and Werner scoring winning goals!!!
    Just a fircking shame that Moukoko/Adeyemi didn't score because they could have too.

Werner goal
    https://dubz.co/v/fz1fm4

I liked his movement in the box even if tap in. And yes MASSIVE W as this means Leipzig on track for R16.

back to back seasons Werner scores on Real. People might shit on him but he does well in CL and for NT. His main issue is still topic of finishing in general.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've always been a fan of Brandt's qualities even when he wasn't performing amazingly. In WC18 he was a rare + for us too, hard to forget that.

Schlotterbeck in general is pretty good in terms of axing Haaland out of the game. Him and Hummels did very well in that regard.

you can't escape fact that Old Man Hummels even past his prime is still a very classy CB.

In fact was said that Hummels is doing more in terms of diet and physical training in order to maintain his body and shape. And that Dortmund wanted to extend his contract too. Would love to see Collins succeed Hummels in Dortmund 1st team in future.

we might not have any CBs at Bayern at least we got 3 with Dortmund.

Alex C, BorisG, BVBFNM and 1 other person repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wonder if CL pressure is getting to Moukoko.

vs Sevilla should have bagged a hat trick and vs Citeh 100% should have scored.

but that he gets himself into those scoring positions and super close bodes well for NT in future.

He clearly has difference maker potential and will only get better more he plays.

same goes to Adeyemi constantly got into good positions, more experience the more hopefully they gain that composure to finish. When you realize that Adeyemi can play 2025 U21 Euro and Moukoko 2027 U21 Euro, LMAO, you get that still very young.

although do wonder if this would be a strike against them in terms of WC22.

100% think both should be there in 2024 Euro although not sure about WC22. Would Flick take risks on players who on biggest stage aren't putting in their chances?

BorisG repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

DID YOU SEE THAT?
    Moukoko's secret 911 clue

What a nose!
    BVB star Youssoufa Moukoko (17, BILD grade 3) didn't score in the premier class cracker against Manchester City, but did a disservice.

What did the youngster do?
    In the 63rd minute, Emre Can (28) hit Pep player Riyad Mahrez (31) on the foot. The referee points to the point.

And then Moukoko turns on as a psychic.
    Easy to see: The striker points to the left with his arm and indicates to his goalkeeper Gregor Kobel (24): Watch out, Mahrez shoots into the left corner of the shooter!

Mahrez aims in the left corner and Kobel saves Moukoko thanks to his Super 911 avoidance boats.

In the end, Borussia Dortmund separate when Erling Haaland (22) returns! 0:0!
    BVB moves into the round of 16 and can celebrate...
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...ie-das-im-bvb-spiel-gesehe-81736290.bild.html

Alex C and BorisG repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we can't get rid of him.....

HE'S ON FLICK'S '55 LIST
    DFB kicker fails – trembling for the World Cup!

Is he running out of time?
    A German national player has to worry about the desert World Cup, which begins in less than four weeks. That is bitter! Because according to BILD information, he is on the provisional squad list of national coach Hansi Flick (57), which the DFB reported to FIFA on Friday.

It is the German international and PSG star Julian Draxler (29/currently on loan to Benfica Lisbon).

Draxler sustained an injury in the 63rd minute of Benfica's 1-0 win in Porto last Friday. Distorted in pain, he grabbed his left thigh, could not continue and had to be substituted.

Now the diagnosis is clear: Draxler has a muscle injury on the back of his left thigh and will be out for at least two and a half weeks.

He is missing Benfica coach and ex-Bundesliga coach Roger Schmidt in addition to the duel in the premier class at Juventus Turin and at home against Macabi Haifa (2.11.) Also in the league against GD Chaves (29.10.), at Estoril Praia (6.11. ) and possibly even against Gil Vicente (11/13).

On November 10th, 13 days before our first World Cup game against Japan, our national coach Hansi Flick will announce the final 26-man squad for the World Cup in Qatar. According to the statutes, the "definitive list" must reach Fifa by

The next few weeks are crucial.
    He threatens to miss the next big tournament after the EM 2021...
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...t-muss-er-um-katar-zittern-81734454.bild.html

Alex C and Ator repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oil Stars=TAKE A HIKE

MOTM
    [​IMG]

do wish that Hummels had a CL trophy to his cabinet, shame he doesn't,

19. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Today's CL match vs M. City is proof that it's still way too early for Moukoko to make his senior NT debut.

ShadowX, Alex C and Ger90 repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah I agree felt like that After Sevilla and today reinforces it. But he's getting there which is good to see.

BorisG repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1585099064827588609 is not a valid tweet id

BorisG repped this.
  22. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It’s good to see that Werner and Havertz scored yesterday …. And am sure they will both go to the Wc . One or two of the following will
    Also book a ticket between mokouko - Nmecha - adyemi and Fulkrug .

My big question is our Am position .
    Muller - Reus - Brandt - Götze - Wirtz - Musiala ( ok he can play anywhere )
    Basically 6 players for 1 starting spot - yes sure some of them can play multiple positions but am sure not all 6 of them will be selected . My guess is that Brandt - Wirtz and Götze are the ones we that don’t have definite ticket for the WC….

Shueee i must admit Flick has some
    Tough decisions to make in the next 2 weeks and then I guess he still has to choose a starting 11 …

Yea Germany has no world class
    Famous all around team like the English ( apparently lol) what a joke - but we have a great depth ..
    With some luck and hard work and maybe luck of our path ( depends where we finish in our group) we can make the semis .

Germany has to
    Make sure we beat Japan that’s all they have to focus on - once they have decisive win against Japan anything can happen from there on . Very important we win that game best with a 4 goals opening game from Germany ( 1990 Yugoslavia 4-1 and 2014 Portugal 4-0 )

Ger90 repped this.
  23. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Interesting when you consider what constitutes world class, ie performing at the highest level and winning CL or major international titles, we have a number of players that tick those boxes.

BorisG, BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't like that Neuer has injury issues JUST Before WC in BACK TO BACK WC...

BorisG and BVBFNM repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    on Baku
    Baku misses World Cup
    The right-back got off to a bumpy start in the season, rarely building on well-known performance. As early as August, Wolfsburg's current sports director and future sports director Marcel Schäfer (38) stated: "He has to improve a few things. Especially when it comes to focus, concentration and attention. Ridle has the skills to be one of the best in the league at his position. He has to take focus and alertness with him to get there.”

In recent weeks, Baku's performances have been heading in the right direction again. But too late to convince Flick, who was last in the stands at Wolfsburg's 2-2 win in Leverkusen.
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...ridle-baku-verpasst-die-wm-81738540.bild.html

BorisG repped this.