WC Predictions for Concacaf teams

Discussion in 'Central America' started by Martin del Palacio, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin del Palacio

Nov 14, 2005
    I'm curious of what you guys think about the Concacaf team's chances in this WC. Some people have said that this is the strongest contingent the region has ever seen in a WC, but I disagree. It`s going to be a very hard World Cup with no heavyweights missing and with some very powerful African teams.

So this is my forecast for the WC as of today (that might change for several reasons).

USA - They need to find a fast striker to replace Davies and need some weight in the flanks. I think they can make the second round with a good draw, but this team is far from the 2002 one.

Mexico - Very difficult to assess, this is a team either very young or very old. However, the Mexicans always get to the Cup in tatters and manage to get to the second round. They need someone that can stop the ball and think, someone who's not 37 at WC time. Only a good draw could help them.

Honduras - As much as I like the Catachos, they need a stronger defence to do well and seriously lack International experience as a whole. I think his chances come down to their friendly matches before the Cup. They have a lot of talent, but need to play with good teams in order to become good. They'll put up a fight but bow out in the Group Phase.

Costa Rica - It's a transtional phase for the Ticos, with only one truly good player in Brian Ruiz (I said it even when they were leaders). I hope they edge past Uruguay but think is highly unlikely.

What are your predictions?

2. Martin del Palacio

Nov 14, 2005
    Sorry guys, posted it on the wrong forum, I already reposted it in the right one, can you please close this one?

3. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Closed.