WC Group Stage: Mexico v Sweden 6/27/2018

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Miguel Myers, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You'd have to be ice cold to not field your best in what is a knockout match..

2. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    No lo creo Rich, será un partido muy complicado y desgastante. México debe ir con toda su fuerza.

LGRod repped this.
  3. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    R16 is not a lock.

We have to play all the best.

Hopefully this Rafa subs gets one header off the corner.

4. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    El profe has done crazy things but save players for a game that is not guaranteed..

I doubt he's eating fools gold.

El Pipiripau, beat junky and LGRod repped this.
  5. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I’m not convinced by Sweden’s attack but they sure do mark well as a unit.

We NEED to make sure we don’t concede many corners. We can’t let them use their strengths and give up an avoidable goal.

I could see this XI...
    C24C5948-2F78-4540-BA33-8F9FB66121D3.jpeg

JJV1994, Robertinho21, icybauer and 6 others repped this.
  6. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I lean to this stance 51-49; however, if it is not guaranteed, you can be disqualified or get 2nd place and go against Brazil and the difficult part of the bracket.

I have talked myself out of my original stance. I am now 52-48 for going full throttle to the win with your best.

...then again...alright, I have talked myslef out of that stance. You sit one of those two players, 100%.

What do we know anyway.

Chico Facil repped this.
  7. Milk!

Milk! Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think he may swap out Lozano for Tecatito since there won't be as much space for Chuky to work with. Also think he'll bring in Ayala to defend set pieces and move Salcedo to RB for the same reason. So I think it'll look like this:

[​IMG]

SGuerrilla, SixKick and Miguel Myers repped this.
  8. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Why would you put Herrera at DCM? YOu want to guarantee he gets the most opportunities to get a yellow?
    ---------
    This is a lineup I would put, not what I think will happen:

Lozano---Chich---Teca/Aquino
    -------------Vela------------
    Guardado----Jonathan
    Galla-Salcedo-Ayala-Layun

Layun will help in counters and defend, since he is a demon in stamina. and is an actual RB. Jona can defend and play a taponero, next to Guardis, and have those at the top unleash speed. We may not need the mid, since they will play long-ball and centros; we can pack it up behind and take advantage of spaces.

9. EL PAPICHULO BAMF

Barcelona
    Mexico
    Jun 14, 2017

This a great line up, solid aerial defense, without sacrificing offensive power. This will free up HH quite a bit. tecate, marco fabian in on the second half”

10. EL PAPICHULO BAMF

Barcelona
    Mexico
    Jun 14, 2017
    This virgin...

11. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+

Jan 29, 2013
    So CaL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  12. Milk!

Milk! Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm stating what I think Osorio will likely go with, I'm not playing "Fantasy Mexico coach" and dreaming up my own personal lineup.

13. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    You honestly think Osorio would waste HH at DCM? That's actually playing Fantasy Mexico coach--only a poor man's version.

14. chapulin_

chapulin_ Member

C.D. Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Jun 24, 2017
    I agree but I wouldn’t risk it. Sucks it is who it is. Both no brainer starters. Herrera will be irreplaceable IMO if we do have to play without him eventually. Osorio would have to completely adjust our offensive approach. Moreno would be a little bit easier to do without but we would surely miss his ability to play the ball out of the back with that left foot, especially with how we play diagonally. Much different if a right footed player plays in that spot. Although Salcedo can use both feet very well, he is not as good of a passer as Moreno.

15. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Plaza Mexico is guaranteed to be on the news.

LGRod, El_Huero and Neymadres repped this.
  16. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No no, esta Suecia no es más que Croatia en 2014, no mames

JJV1994, Neymadres and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  17. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The lineup should really be the same as Korea game. We need this result, can’t BS here.

18. MLQ10

MLQ10 Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Some of the logic going on here is a little crazy. I rather make it to the R16 missing one or two players then not using our best lineup and crashing out.

Making it to the second round is not a given and we have to play this game like a final.

19. Cosme

Cosme Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Houston
    Back from the dead. Hello BigSoccer!

Some of you are crazy for wanting to start Jonathan. He’s 5’7” (5’8 on a good day) and we’ll want height against the Swedes.

I think he’ll get minutes if we’re at a comfortable advantage but I don’t think he’ll start. I personally haven’t been too impressed with him recently either. Other CM/CDMs have earned their spot.

20. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    Hopefully, we have at least a goal advantage come half time. It will push Sweden's hand to attack more and it will be like having a two goal advantage. This will also allow or players on yellows to be subbed out sooner.

21. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It’s not his height that would be a problem but that he hasn’t played this entire cup.

and1football repped this.
  22. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Grandes argumentos, entonces si no es mejor, México deberá tener un partido más sencillo que ese 3-1 del 2014 ya que sin duda está selección mexicana es mejor que la de Brasil.

23. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    I don't think Sweden is a better team than Croatia but it's a tougher match up for us.

Their style of play imo will give us a harder time than Croatia, but I hope I'm wrong.

JJV1994 and MLQ10 repped this.
  24. BoostedE55AMG

BoostedE55AMG Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    It’s worst than that. We can lose 1-0 and Germany can win 1-0 and we’re out I believe.

To advance with a loss it needs to be 2-1 loss while Germany wins 1-0 (per example)

JJV1994 repped this.
  25. -WiLL-

-WiLL- Member

Jun 23, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Resting players or giving players time just to get them into shape probably isn't going to happen in such an important game, I hope not anyway.

There might be a change at right back. I don't completely trust Alvarez starting there again. Maybe Salcedo plays at right back and Ayala comes back like the Germany game. Personally I think we could even put Layun back at right back and have Corona or Aquino playing right wing, although I don't think it will happen, as I think Osorio likes playing Layun in midfield now.

El Pipiripau and and1football repped this.