(WC - FINAL!!!) Germany Vs Argentina July 13

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Lahmfan, Jul 9, 2014.

1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why should they? Apart from Bayern and to a very low extend Dortmund there's no market or revenue to be made by any other club. Cause there's no relevant interest/fanbase to buy their stuff. Not even for clubs fielding yanks like once Nuremberg or Hannover.

2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern and Dortmund are the popular ones and with more exposure, More people would join/follow. I met several guys who are Americans but support FC Koln because they once lived there or visited.

Average EPL teams like Stoke are touring the US

3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1978 White/Blue_since1860, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    TBH, I doubt this would happen for clubs who dont act globally or appear on a regular basis in CL. At least not now before: the product Buli is with it's current "standing" competing other leagues. La Liga is only Real and Barca, I dont see any chance for Atleti or Real Sociedad making any money in the US - the same with any club except the top 5 in the EPL.

If there's a ROI then it is very small. The home market and Asia are much more important for the avg. Buli club - that's why we see all them Japanese playing Buli nowadays.

4. Donauwelle

Donauwelle Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I do not think that it is about making money directly - but all clubs have an advantage when the "product" Bundesliga has more fans. The national team and the success of Bayern and Dortmund is just what starts to make people interested - but when you watch their matches you might look into other matches, too. I remarked that football fans often look the Friday Bundesliga matches as their is no other match running at the same time...

5. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    LOL at Argentina being #1 in Wyoming.

I guess the gauchos have to stick together.

poorvi repped this.
  6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany