WC 2022 Seeding & Draw

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by AIL1998, Mar 29, 2022.

1. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The draw for the 2022 World Cup group stage will be held on Friday April 1, 2022. (World Cup 2022 draw: How it works, seeding & everything you need to know | Goal.com)

The Seeding is going to be like this most likely:

Pot 1: Qatar, Brazil, Belgium, France, Argentina, England, Spain, Portugal
    Pot 2: Netherlands, Mexico, Germany, USA, Denmark, Switzerland, Uruguay, Croatia
    Pot 3: Senegal, Japan, Iran, Serbia, Morocco, South Korea, Poland, Tunisia
    Pot 4: Canada, Ecuador, Cameroon, Ghana, Saudi Arabia, Inter-continental play-off winner (CONMEBOL VS AFC), Inter-continental play-off winner (CONCACAF VS OFC), UEFA play-off winner

You can discuss about your preferred draw. You can also discuss about the groups after the draw.

2. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish the following draw for Asian teams:

Qatar, Netherlands, Serbia, Ecuador
    England, Denmark, Iran, Canada
    Spain, Switzerland, South Korea, Cameroon
    Portugal, Uruguay, Japan, UEFA play-off winner
    Argentina, Croatia, Morocco, Saudi Arabia

3. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I change my preferred group for Iran as follows: Portugal, USA, Iran, Ghana

4. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think the best draw for Iran (Portugal, Mexico, Iran, Ghana) would resemble our WC06 draw and we would have to face our demons to show we are prepared to do better this time. But whatever teams Iran draw, ultimately the most important ingredients for a successful or unsuccessful World Cup revolve around a combination of things we can control and things we can't. Even among the things we can't control, the draw isn't the most important one.

Whatever teams Iran draws, there are ways for us to adopt tactics to counter the strengths of our opponent and try to exploit their weaknesses. We just need to do the parts in our control well. And hope for the best when it comes to all the things that are beyond our control.