WC 2018 Group B: Spain Portugal Iran Morocco

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco' started by +PL+, Dec 1, 2017.

1. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    Ok ok my bad then, but the news i just read said they are waiting for the "b-test".

2. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What you read might be correct, and I noticed an Iranian media report that claimed the case is now closed has been changed with one which says that FIFA will only comment after they have made a final determination. So I would wait and see.

3. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The video below is an interview with the head of the IFF committee on doping issues. It explains the origin of the rumors regarding Ezatolahi being supposedly "caught doping", based on doping tests taken by FIFA from all of our players during their camp in Turkey. Those tests were negative for all the players, but in case of Ezatolahi, there was one particular hormone that had slightly elevated levels. FIFA looked into the issue and after subsequent analysis, cleared Ezatolahi of any doping allegation based on those samples and yesterday sent Iran's football federation a letter to that effect.

http://tamasha.com/v/gRlKx

Paul Calixte and HansWorldCup repped this.
  4. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I found these videos which focus on the penalty and penalty claims from the Iran/Portugal match. In retrospect, despite the handball, the penalty awarded to Iran is generally regarded as a wrong decision. But leaving aside the Ronaldo elbow and whether it should have been a red card, there were better penalty claims, and one that I think should have been awarded instead, shown in the video clip below.

This video shows 3 penalty claims by Iran which weren't reviewed.

This video shows the penalty awarded to Portugal and 2 of the 3 penalty claims above. The first penalty claim shown in the first video is not repeated in this video, even though it actually appears to me to be a clear foul and there was no embellishment/dive involved either. The other 2 shown in this video did seem to involve both contact/fouls as well as embellishment/dives - kind of like the Ronaldo penalty.

KiarashM and Edwardinho repped this.
  5. Edwardinho

Edwardinho Member

Barcelona
    France
    Feb 11, 2018
    Portuguese fans don't want to listen to you so it is just waste of time trying to convince them. I saw the suspicious PK in Portuguese box and it was a PK for me. The match is finished and Iran got eliminated, Portugal went down the complicated bracket and got eliminated too. There is nothing left to discuss here.