WC 2018 Group B: Spain Portugal Iran Morocco

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco' started by +PL+, Dec 1, 2017.

1. saam14

saam14 Member

Manchester United
    Iran
    May 17, 2018
    He is going to play. Nobody in the team has his mix of physicality, technical ability and unpredictable play. Just watch the way he creates Azmoun's goal in our friendly against Russia, holding off and dropping physically strong Russian defenders that are humiliating Saudi Arabia right now. He will be vital to us getting points against Morocco.

Kamtedrejt and Zandi360 repped this.
  2. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Was I right about Russia crushing the Saudis or what? :D

Iranian Monitor repped this.
  3. Salas033

Salas033 Member

Juventus
    Dec 15, 2017
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Morocco
    Great WC start for AFC :)

4. gfx_bq1

gfx_bq1 Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Hahaha I can't believe this team is top 5 in Asia. Embarassing. Let's expand the world Cup so we get more teams like this !!

5. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I couldn't be more ecstatic seeing the Saudis whipped. For me, a great start to the World Cup, even for the AFC since the more the Saudis are undermined, the better it is for even Asian football.

Mani repped this.
  6. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I saw that video but I was from 2-3 days ago. Since then, there have been plenty of reports that say that he will not be fit for the Morocco match. Of course, I am hoping you are right and we will find out. For me, Taremi is a very important player for Iran and will do well against Morocco if fit.

7. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TBH I am not worried at all If Taremi does not play. I am only worried about Dejagah at the moment. For me he is a lot more important than Taremi. I hope he is fit to play 90 mins. If he is not fit to play 90 mins, we can start with Shojaei and replace him with Dejagah in the second half.

Kamtedrejt and persianfootball repped this.
  8. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    the funny thing is Russia was not that great, if they were really good they should of won 10-0 lets see how they do against the other 2

persianfootball repped this.
  9. gfx_bq1

gfx_bq1 Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Honestly embarassing. And yes Russia has next to no offensive threat. The Saudi defense was essentially school boys.

10. gfx_bq1

gfx_bq1 Member

Mar 19, 2016
    I can see why you'd want the Saudis to lose, not sure how you can spin this as a win for the AFC. By most accounts the Saudis are the 3rd or 4th best team in AFC. Really says something about the overall quality of the other teams.

11. saam14

saam14 Member

Manchester United
    Iran
    May 17, 2018
    I also hope he will play and I'm optimistic he will because the video was from Tuesday and there have been videos of him training since then.

12. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i think most of the Saudi players all come from the top 2 teams in that league? so i guess they mostly attack in games and hardly have to defend

13. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    This is another report following Queiroz's press conference that mentions Iran will be without Taremi. I hope that is not the case and we will know when Iran's lineup is announced tomorrow.

http://www.tampabay.com/problems-mo...cup-ap_sports4850a1e189a6479aa06987b81a708c5f
    Problems mount for Iran at World Cup

p.s.
    For some reason, seeing the Saudis get whipped has changed my mood and now, regardless of the circumstances, I am a lot more confident about our match against Morocco:)

14. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple of comments on what has been said in the past few days:

1 - Spain are a bit of an aging team, so were probably not going to win the WC.
    2 - But they are still immensely talented. They also are primarily from clubs who have to deal with huge media and questioning of managerial and executive decisions. They will be okay for the group stage.
    3 - Yet, the follow up from the Ramos actions in the CL final and the coaching mess will cause negative press (as opposed to Salah joining Egypt which will be positive).
    4 - Any FIFA vote is political, and the one a couple days ago no different. But apart from countries which have big (size) leagues, I can't see any one country hosting a WC with 48 teams.
    4a - FIFA will have to change its rules regarding multi-country, multi-confederation bids.

That's Steven Bauer. Same actor in both roles.

ESPN is usually anti-big clubs/countries. Their bias is one of the reasons I no longer read their stuff.

15. gfx_bq1

gfx_bq1 Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Good point maybe these guys never defend during there club lives. They actually looked ok in the midfield. The CBs were disgraceful though.

16. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    verde-rubro repped this.
  19. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    poorvi and AIL1998 repped this.
  20. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the issue? Just trying to have non-group B discussion for a different/specific thread. It is a fairly standard practice across BS.

artielange84 repped this.
  21. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  22. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    lol

1007053704418209797 is not a valid tweet id

23. No, they arenot.
    Belgium is the best liked team at the WC2018 for the Dutch. About 1/3 of the Dutch support them. Germany is a good second with about 17% and Morocco has about 5%.
    Dutch media are giving much attention to Morocco with specials, probably because of the big contingent of Dutch Moroccons in the team, but I doubt it will generate much sympathy for the team as such, because I believe most Dutch think our Moroccons should wear Orange and not a foreign shirt.

24. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    **wipes a tear from my eye**

Y'all really missed me! :D

Joking aside, 1) us mods are going to be everywhere for the next month, and 2) I concur with @soccernutter 's call, as a service to the 0.0001% of us who have better things to do in the day than watch the World Cup (o_O) and don't want to run into spoilers where they didn't expect them.

To be fair, though, Saudi Arabia getting shelled in a WC game isn't really a spoiler. :ROFLMAO:

25. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I want a third opinion :geek: