WC 2018 Group B: Spain Portugal Iran Morocco

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco' started by +PL+, Dec 1, 2017.

1. monster- exodia

May 23, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Morocco
    as a Moroccan , i am embarassed enough , no more heartbreaking , i will be satisfied with AFrican cup hosting !

2. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Never say never.

Although it was 80 years ago,

They did "shot themselves on the foot" for 1938, after they politically anexed Austria to the german empire, to include almost half of Austria's team players into their squad, to afterwards getting eliminated after the first match of that WC, by the Swiss team....
    ;)

soccernutter, unclesox, TOAzer and 2 others repped this.
  3. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    As soon as FIFA decided that the Morocco-Spain-Portugal bid could not go forward on a tecnicallity the M/C/U bid was a certainty

4. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Blast from the past, comment of the day!

5. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    All the bid winners were corrupt no need to feel embarassed. Which country was going to win against M/C/U after it is being held in Rússia this year.

6. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    BEin Sport (Qatar) hás exclusive rights in Middle East-Africa so no transmission in Saudi Arábia due to the blockade. He Will have to use VPNs or Fox Sports by satelite.

7. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Canada is celebrating already. Its all over the news here and everyone is sharing posts on social media about it.

8. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    Fernando Hierro.
    1 year of experience as a coach.
    Real Oviedo (Spanish Second Division).
    Winning percentage: 39.53

I still believe that Spain will win this group, but what a ********ing joke from the Spanish Federation... Things were already bad when Lopetegui signed with Real Madrid. And they were able to make things 10x worse by firing the man and replacing him with an intern.

9. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Canada was only going to win on a joint bid, they get 10 games, from a Portuguese perspetive it is good for the fans if we make it, but remember Brasil...many in the Portugal boards Will be happy, and I hope Portugal Play there and they get tickets.

10. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I don't think that's necessarily the case, but I can see your point. I think it really depends on the coach and the circumstances. I know for instance that Rehhagel's approach was typically authoritative. When he was coach at Bayern, his approach ultimately clashed with key players and that led to his dismissal on the eve of their 1996 UEFA cup triumph.

11. jogger

jogger Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Is it true that Lopetegui left (or was fired ) with the physiotherapists and fitness trainers that were taking care of the players ? :notworthy:

12. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    As a Portugal fan, I am not happy with this firing because the excuses will always be there is Portugal some how win. Hell, it will be there if Iran or Morocco win too. For me personally, this has taken some of the wind from the sails on this match on Friday. Obviously, I will be going nuts and be nervous about the match but now all the talk will be about this. If Spain wins, everyone will be like well the rallied behind each other but if they lose it will be because the Spanish national team fired their coach 2 days before the WC....

In the end, I want Portugal and their opponents to be at 100% and dont want to hear the excuses. Won't happen now though.

Not cool.

vancity eagle and Kamtedrejt repped this.
  13. MarocFAN

MarocFAN Member

May 18, 2006
    Morocco/Germany
    So the majority of the european football powerhouses and Brazil voted for us.

14. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    "Vivemos tempos estranhos, não me lembro duma atitude tão absurda dum treinador. Com possibilidade real de ganhar o Mundial, põe em causa toda a carreira para no próximo ano estar despedido do Real. Este ambicioso idiota é a versão treinador do outro presidente, mestres em dar tiros no pé"

laurasoccerfreak repped this.
  15. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    We (Albania) voted for you as well. Not saying we are a powerhouse but we did out job at least.

Salas033 and JoseEmidio repped this.
  16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wouldn't read much into it. The Brazil president is a dip shit. Probably voted wrong or didn't know the voting wasn't anonymous.

This voting process is no better than the previous one.

laurasoccerfreak repped this.
  17. laurasoccerfreak

Atlético Mineiro
    Brazil
    Nov 24, 2017
    :ROFLMAO:You're right. Was it that colonel Alzheimer?
    He should be thinking it was the vote for the dinner. And his stomach wouldn't stand more than a Harira.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He probably doesn't even care about football and couldn't explain the offsides rule if you asked him.

19. MarocFAN

MarocFAN Member

May 18, 2006
    Morocco/Germany
    Danke;)

Kamtedrejt repped this.
  20. Q_Eagle

Q_Eagle Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Jun 5, 2018
    LA
    Well brazil France and two teams that didn't qualify for world cup voted for u

21. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Met a bunch of Iranians so far down Nevsky Avenue.

Ran into Moroccans too we chanted vs each other. All good fun. Both sides got accosted by Russian drunks at the bars though!

We are getting along just fine. Lets see if it stays that way in the fanzone tomorrow or the game Friday!

SF19 and JoseEmidio repped this.
  22. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Goodluck and have fun!

23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Less than 48 hours to go

soccernutter and JoseEmidio repped this.
  24. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I just saw a report saying Queiroz is worried about the injury to Taremi and he will not make it for the Morocco match. I hope this is not true as it would be a major blow.
    http://tamasha.com/v/nWl5l

25. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran