Pre-match: WC 2014 (quartas): Brasil x Colômbia, 4 de Julho de 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Jun 28, 2014.

1. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly what the guys on the Roma forums are saying. I think I agree.

2. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    He will be out for 4 to 6 weeks, but won't leave any sequels or anything, according to Brazil's NT doctors, so it isn't too serious.

3. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Was at the game and am now taking off on a 2am flight for Brasilia for the Argentina game tomorrow. Please maintain a respectful discourse here in the Brazil subforum. Thank you.

4. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No you're right. I did measurements that confirm this, and if it were Hulk Zuniga would have accelerated him! :)

All joking aside, I never like seeing a player get injured unless it was Suarez and that biting incident caused his unfair advantage (those huge fangs) to be whittled down to regulation size.

Overall unfortunate incident for Neymar!

5. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm really straining to come up with a more insipid euphemism.

6. jokstein78

jokstein78 Member

Aug 1, 2007
    This coming from a Barcelona fan?

7. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    All this talk that the officials where gonna favor Brasil and yet he was handing out cards left and right to Brasil and letting Colombia get away with murder.

If Suarez got banned for a bite, Zuniga should definitely get one for that intentional foul. They where targeting Neymar all game.

thealchemist and FilipeMB repped this.
  8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Let me get this right -- people are saying it's Neymar's fault for not shielding and giving a pass to Zuñiga for not seeing him? Right.....

9. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar clearly hit Zuniga's knee with his back! Scummy diver! And he didn't even get a yellow card! BRAZIL BOUGHT FIFA

Mengão86 repped this.
  10. Terrain

Terrain Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wow, I've not posted here in some time... anyway, I just wanted to say that Scolari made a huge mistake in not subbing out Neymar (and Thiago Silva for that matter) shortly after the second goal was scored. There's no need to maintain pressure after obtaining a 2-0 lead. All you need to do is frustrate your opponents by playing possession football and making them run after the ball. It was a game riddled with rough fouls, something was bound to happen.

And I echo Kobe Bryant's sentiments. Those kinds of fouls are heinous. Zuniga should be suspended not only because he deserves it, but also so as to set an example.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #311 Mengão86, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    What's also shocking is the amount of people that don't know the offsides rule. First, it was calling Fred's goal offsides vs Cameroon and now yesterday (nem precisa tocar na bola, se participou na lance, é impedimento).

Redshift repped this.
  12. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #312 Calcio Pauly, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    For you to pick on that, I'd suggest its not the only think you're struggling with.

On the other hand, its not life or career ending...he'll recover in 6 weeks and continue making buckets of dough (insipid enough for you?)

Yeah his WC is over. Thankfully, that's never really been a life/death thing for most sane people!

13. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I recall two occasions where that wasn't true. Neymar charging the wall on that free kick and not getting booked, with play allowed to continue. Cesar could easily have gotten a red on the challenge that led to the penalty. If anything it looked like the ref was really trying not to pull his card out for either team all game.

RMSocrates and elvesuvio repped this.
  14. FilipeMB

FilipeMB Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    For me, it is clear that FIFA instructed the refs to not pull their cards too much during the QFs...

elvesuvio and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  15. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Other earlier incidents come to mind too but that's soccer I guess.

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You do realize you are in the Brazil forums? Hopefully, you are also in the Colombia forums arguing the other way because they are complaining quite a bit.

I've already been in the Italian forums and I've seen the fans voicing how much they want Brazil to lose, including certain posters ;)

17. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    And what exactly is that supposed to mean? That I'm not allowed to express my opinion on those two plays?

I didn't actually come looking for this thread. It appeared in my news feed because someone I follow commented in here. I shared my opinion on two plays only in response to something someone said. I think that's part of what these forums are for.

So what? Its a competition, and you know that does typically happen with competitions right? That people tend to lean towards wanting a "certain" team to win for a variety of reasons, right? Its a part of sport.

elvesuvio repped this.
  18. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bigsoccer is so whack whenever any conversation involves international football/continental cups. I can't remember how many users from other forums over the past 2 years came here to bash players and teams yet when they are proven wrong they disappear.. What's the point of debating people who won't even be back here to eat crow? I don't get it.

19. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I was just thinking, if message boards existed just for that, you could just follow them to where they discuss normally, or message them some snacks or smack or whatever you call it? That is, if eating crows/chickens is truly that important to you?

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You're responding to someone that has overexaggerated. If I were to head into the Italian forums to respond to some of the comments there, I don't think the people would be too welcoming. This forum is a place for fans to vent. Just like the Italian and Colombian forums are places for them to vent and I'm sure I wouldn't like half the things I read there. That's all.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You're responding to someone that has overexaggerated. If I were to head into the Italian forums to respond to some of the comments there, I don't think the people would be too welcoming. This forum is a place for fans to vent. Just like the Italian and Colombian forums are places for them to vent and I'm sure I wouldn't like half the things I read there. That's all.

22. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm supposed to know his past history? I merely shared a different POV, which if you bothered to read between the lines also acknowledged that I didn't think the ref was just giving Brazil advantages.

Honestly, do what you like. In fact, tell them all that I invited you. No one will say you're not allowed to be there...

I'm sure these forums are meant for more than just venting... Maybe discussing too? But anyway, if my opinions on the ref and some of his other missed calls truly makes me not welcome... I'll pass time in another forum.

elvesuvio repped this.
  23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's why there are World Cup forums to discuss with both sides. There wouldn't be a point to create those forums if you could come into a nation's section and discuss.

For me personally, I don't have an issue with what you said and how you said it, but others may have an issue and it may come off as trolling. There's a fine line between disagreeing and trolling during the WC in national forums.

24. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ok... Anyway... I don't have anything else to add. Have fun the rest of the way, no matter what happens!!! We'll all be suffering from WC hangover in 8 days from now, regardless of outcome! :(

FilipeMB and Mengão86 repped this.
  25. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yea? Just cuz I like Barcelona doesn't mean Neymar is my favorite player. Cough Messi Cough