WC 2014: Camarões x Brasil, 23 de Junho de 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by rob88, Jun 19, 2014.

1. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fernandinho replaces Paulinho in the 2nd round I bet!!

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Paulinho with 79% passing and no tackles vs Mexico. The stats don't lie ;)

3. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Croatia has scored - Ochoa has allowed a goal at last.

4. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

The Dutch will take the halo from the 'saint' on sunday!!!

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    On that note, I'll go with what was already in my gut -- Mexico beating Holland.

condor11 and XaviandXabi repped this.
  6. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Paulinho 3 shots from inside the box in 2 games... coming up from the back, just like that play...
    Croatia just took it

7. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Paulinho has been bad this copa so far.

It would be ridiculous if he started the next game over Fernandinho.

Also Hulk should start on the bench.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Like you said, Felipão will make changes, so we will see who he goes with on Saturday. :)

9. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    The dead weight needs to be drop at this point. Paulinho and Hulk. I consider Fred as well but I doubt Scolari does that.

10. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Fred had a better game here and was involved. Looked closer to his CC form than Paulinho or Hulk has.

11. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I think Felipao will change nothing, Maybe Ramires for Hulk in order to contain Chile a bit more.

12. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Fred movement needs to be better.

13. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Yup Fred needs to move like Ronaldo in 2002 right

14. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wouldn't consider Fred only because that would change the line-up too much - unless you start Jô but I prefer not to even though I think Jô does bring something different.

A false 9 would be great to try - after the Cup or in a game where we're winning and decide it's ok to take off Fred for a winger or mid. But I don't think it makes sense to start with no number 9 or Jô over Fred.

15. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Neymar can play the role of a centerforward just fine, he's done it for Santos so many times before, he's also done if for Brazil in a couple of friendlies when Fred was taken out.

16. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes but I don't think it's a good idea to start the game like that with this group.

17. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I just don't think Fred should be taken out at all, Fred does what Fred does.. He will score when he gets service and he'll participate when the ball gets to him, he doesn't need to be moving around etc, he needs to be in a position to score and to hold up the cutting man.

This whole idea that Fred needs to be involved with beautiful passing to me is stupid.. leave the passing and flair to Neymar, leave the cutting into defenses to Hulk and Oscar. Fred needs to poach.

Redshift and Ombak repped this.
  18. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Who said Fred needed to pass and dribble? Movement, hold up play and finishing.

19. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #144 Redshift, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    Tense game for the first half. I was genuinely afraid of a catastrophe about halfway through that half, but we improved toward the end of it.

Pretty solid second half, but honestly, by then I was too wasted to analyze the game in any great depth. I'll re-watch the game later when my vision is less vesga.

I especially liked Fernandinho on for Paulinho at the half, rather than in 15+ minutes in. I thought it was an important signal by Felipao. I'm glad he scored too, because that should help solidify his position as a titular.

Nice to see Fred balancar as redes. Me deu tranquilidade. A gente precisa dele fazendo gol.

Tambem estou stoked por ter que enfrentar o Chile em vez da Holanda. Deixa os hermanos (seja os Argentinos ou os Mexicanos) lidarem com Arjen Robben (craque indiscutivel). Enquanto isso, podemos tentar evoluir desse jogo, que foi muito importante.

Nao sei como vou trabalhar o resto do dia.

Pra frente Brasil!!!!

20. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    He's been doing that all 3 games... first game he did that all game long, against Mexico he wasn't effective at all, and this game had he not scored all would be bitching about him once again. I think he was better in the croatia game than this one.

but people count goals only.

21. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ah much better. That Cameroon goal should've never happened though, BOTH DL and TS caught ball watching? WTF. I felt that TS was afraid of scoring an own goal, he moved his leg towards the ball yet hesitated at the last second. That just can't happen.

About Paulinho x Fernandinho... What else can be said? It's form. In my opinion Paulinho is bette rthan Fernandinho if both are on form, but RIGHT NOW: Fernandinho >>>> Paulinho. The WC is a very short tournament, we don't have the time to wait until a player recovers it's form.

Game is on now, any mistakes can spell death. Versus Chile... Damn can we still call Robinho? :D

XaviandXabi repped this.
  22. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    O Chile tem um bom time, mas eu prefiro um jogo 100% sul-americano nas oitavas. Acho que tal jogo vai ser bem mais previsivel contra os Chilenos comparado com uma partida contra a Holanda.

Nosso recorde contra o Chile e de 50 vitorias, 12 empates, e 8 derotas. Em comparacao, nosso recorde e 4-4-3 contra a Holanda. Nenhum desrespeito aos Chilenos, mas jogamos muito mais com eles nas eliminatorias e Copas America do que contra a Holanda. Tudo bem que eles vao querer vinganca por 98 e 2010. Mas eu acho muito melhor jogar com um time conhecido enquanto a selecao vem acertando o elenco e ganhando padrao de jogo.

Nao tenho ilusoes que o jogo vai ser facil, mas quero ver o time ganhar mais forca antes de ter que bater um time como a Holanda.

23. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    The funny part of this whole thing...

Paulinho is a top 10 midfielder (#9) on the Castrol Index this World Cup

24. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I see the match versus Chile as being pretty similar to the one versus Mexico: Lots of pressure, tight defenses, lots of grit... With three vital differences: Chile will actually try to enter our box, but their defense is smaller than México's and their goalie isn't Ochoa. If I were Felipão I would start some massive free kick /Corner Kick training TOMORROW at 6am. Make the players watch some vids from Zico and Juninho Pernambucano before they sleep.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Right, and Steven Gerrard was #5. Very believable :rolleyes: