Post-match: WC 2014 (Amistoso): Brasil x Holanda [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Jc isn't in toronto by merit or skill, the man just likes his money. He's been good the last 2 years with the Selecao, nothing really changes that.

2. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Just woke up and see we are losing which isn't a surprise.

We have to put things in perspective though b/c Luis Gustavo doesn't play in a top European club means we shouldn't call him? When before the semifinal, he was arguably one of our top performer. Fernandinho is probably one of best DMs in the EPL and he has been pretty crap the last couple games. This is beyond were players are playing. Collectively, we shut down mentally. This part Scolari fault for the awful preparation,

3. astinus4

astinus4 Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And it's 3 for Holland..... Enough already

4. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He has done it OK for Brazil yes, same with JC. I don't have anything against them, but I don't believe they are players to rely on if you want to win a WC.

5. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Am I watching WC'98 all over again???

6. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is there actually anyone who believes this team can score a single goal? They can keep playing for 3 days straight and it still won't happen.

7. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    It's not surprising, this result. I knew the players couldn't recover after that beating by Germany. It's not an excuse though. The players should of shown some pride.

8. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Time for a rebuild from bottom up. Enough of this suffering! It's been crap since the end of WC 2010 and maybe before that.

9. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oscar did. Get him his credit

Redshift repped this.
  10. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    You can't rebuild if the talent pool is limited....

Yes theirs some outstanding prospects but none are anywhere near the finished article.

The day's of having outstanding players like Kaka, Edmundo, Ze Roberto all in peak and yet on the bench are long gone. The depth is alot less.

11. LA2DABAY

LA2DABAY New Member

May 9, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Santos FC
    I would only keep Neymar, Oscar, Willian, Bernard (if he improves in a top Europe league) in the squad. The rest should never play for the National Team again.

12. astinus4

astinus4 Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We've got 4 years to sort that out, starting from Copa America next year. First order of business is a new coach

Redshift repped this.
  13. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    I disagree.

14. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I'm against quick fixes. 4 years ain't enough time. We probably need a minimum 10 years of restructuring from top to bottom. If it takes years of heartbreak to ultimately get back to a respectable level again so be it.

15. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    VÁ COM DEUS!

Let's hope this will start some big changes in our football. Let today be the starting point of a brighter future.

16. astinus4

astinus4 Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Long term reform is needed no doubt, but we still need to field a team in Russia (assuming we qualify). My point was that the promising but raw players we have (Lucas, Coutinho etc) have a bit of time to step up their game. Hopefully Neymar will be at the level Messi and CR7 are at now.

17. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    One thing I'd like see stopped is the tactical fouling and diving from out players on the Selecao and clubs. Enough, we look like clowns out there.

astinus4 repped this.
  18. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    #68 Kaka10725, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    Gilberto Silva knew the art of tactical fouling which is ok when done properly. Fernandinho on the other hand, has turn into a complete hack and that not tactical fouling. It's thug like play.

Diving is harder to remove from the game. It has it pro's and con's.

Edit: In fact, now that I think about it. We fouled a hellavu a lot during the confederation cup. I remember I was concerned about it. So, I'm guessing all this "tactical fouling" is Scolari doing. A lot of these players for instance Fernandinho wasn't hacking players in the EPL this season but all of a sudden is doing it for Brazil.

Redshift repped this.
  19. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Just came from work and by reading the comments we still played like crap. Not surprised. There was no way the player would recover from that 7-1 critical beatdown. Now the CBF needs to make some changes. They need to do what Germnay did after 2000. Refrom the entire system. Time to rebuild becaouse this team is bullshit. Scolari might as well retire because his stubborness and old fashionedness cost us. He didnt take the best plyers he just took his guys.

20. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    And its been for four years now. That CC win against Spain fooled us all.

21. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's a damn shame we lost by the exact same 3-0 score 16 years ago on the exact same date...in almost the same way!!:confused:

22. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    I think the pressure was too much from this team. As far back as the Mano era I asked how will this young handle the pressure. The Chile game really showed how we would handle the pressure. Not good at all. In any case Copa America is next year and will be a true test. Thing is will we continue to field young players? becaouse the only "veterans" I see on this team that could come back is Neymar,Oscar,Paulinho,Silva. The other call ups we want to bring are raw and young.I feel the 2018 team will be younger.

23. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We need at least some players from this campaign in the future. We need people who know what it feels to lose like this so they can make sure it doesn't happen again.

igorcsso repped this.
  24. Lockeroom

Lockeroom Member

Apr 11, 2008
    I am a big fan of the selecao and i must say this seleco was the worst one in the World Cup I' ve ever seen, Players weren't mentally strong, they were pathetic, sentimental and full of tears. It wasn' t their fault but amateurish work of the Scolari's team, the psychologists included. They were also satisfied with the success in the Confedertion cup. A lot of people think that the worst one was Brazil 1990 but I don't think so. They totally overplayed Argentina , one of the finalists, just lost the concentration for a moment. They played the unattractive football with 5 defenders and 2 DM ( just like Holland now) but this style played almost every team in those years. I missed the rest of the golden boys of Brazl 1982 ( Júnior and Cerezo ) I think they could be stronger with them., But Brazil 1990 was better than Brazil 2014 by far.

25. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    Yes, the 1990 team had some stars (which the current team lack), and was generally efficient (although unimpressive), maybe with a better manager than Lazaroni they could have gone farther in the competition.

As for this one, there is a mistake Brazil managers do which is overestimating the Confederations Cup, they don't realize it's pretty much a friendly cup for the other teams.

Brazil instead always peak during the Confeds and by the time the World Cup comes Brazil is complacent and predictable. Parreira, Dunga and Felipão have all made the exact same mistake.

If Brazil are lucky, Brazil will miss the 2017 edition and focus only on the World Cup, Brazil would have to lose Copa América next year but Copa América is hardly a big deal nowadays anyway. Better focus on the Olympic, the World Cup Qualifiers and the World Cup itself.