WC 2010 qualifiers [R]

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Gorando, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    So Vercauteren calls up Deschacht, Vandenbussche, Swerts and .... Mpenza :eek:

I can't wait for Advocaat!

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Likewise. Why the feck call back Deschacht and Mpenza at this point in their career? Deschacht hasn't featured in the NT for close to four years.

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Advocaat is fired at Zenit. Advocaat is a coach that goes for the oldies. I have never felt more frustrated than with him at the helm at the Orange NT. I would not place hope on him above the coach you have right now for big chances.

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Erm, you've not really followed the Belgian NT since 2002, have you? :D

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Otherwise I would know that Belgium only has young guys or do you mean something else.....

I follow Eredivisie and see Dembele every week. After Suarez he's the best player for a while now in the leauge ( mabe with few others as Affelay). I see Belgium talent but the NT is screwing it up for years now. They need a good coach who can chanel all that talent. Advocaat at Holland NT was not letting go of the oldies. He kept selecting them and substitude perfect playing young guys. The anti climax was the substitution of Robben ad Euro 2004. He was trashed because of that choise. It would have been ten times better if v Gaal would be coach. Look at what he did with the Belgiums at AZ.

6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    He cannot possibly be worse than Vercauteren.

Ugh, another defeat. :(

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Czech fans know that feeling... although today was a welcome suprise.

I was just wondering if the team we played today is the Belgian "A" team, or if any key players were missing. The Czech team was for the most part an "A" team, to the extent we have one, except for Rosicky (injury).

This was our best performance in some time, and I'm just waiting for there to be a catch I guess. :rolleyes:

8. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium

In the first half we only missed 2 key players, Vincent Kompany CB and Logan Bailly GK. I dont think we played all that bad in the first 45" but there is no Belgian "team" whatsoever, just 11 individuals who dont care about anything but themselves.

I didnt see the second half but when I see what players came on Im not surprised why we sucked bigtime. (Sonck,Simons, Mpenza,Deschacht :eek:)

9. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Agreed, it's time to kiss that generation goodbye.

This is the team I'd like to see from now on, if/when they're all healthy:

----------------Bailly-------------------------

Vanden Borre-------Kompany-----Vermaelen----------Van Damme/Poco

-------------------Vertonghen (our MotM last night imho)-------------

Hazard---------------Fellaini----------------------Dembele

-----------------Mirallas-----------------------

--------------De Sutter--------------------

De Sutter is easily our best option up front. He's not world class, but he has the best skill-set to work well with our talented wings. Mirallas is hit and miss, but he's the best fit to play just behind De Sutter.

10. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Lots of offensive minded players in your team. I agree that's our biggest strenght. I would change Mirallas with Martens in your lineup. With Hazard moving to Mirallas his spot as an AMC and Martens coming from the left and Dembele from the right like they play at AZ.

11. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Selection for games vs Spain and Armenia

Doel:
    Stijn Stijnen (Club Brugge), Jean-François Gillet (AS Bari), Yves Ma-Kalambay (Hibernian), Silvio Proto (Anderlecht)

Verdediging: Toby Alderweireld (Ajax), Ritchie de Laet (Manchester United), Olivier Deschacht (Anderlecht), Nicolas Lombaerts (Zenit Sint Petersburg), Sébastien Pocognoli (AZ), Timmy Simons (PSV), Gill Swerts (AZ), Jelle van Damme (Anderlecht), Daniel van Buyten (Bayern München), Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal), Anthony Vanden Borre (Portsmouth)

Middenveld: Steven Defour (Standard Luik), Marouane Fellaini (Everton), Eden Hazard (Rijsel), Roland Lamah (Le Mans), Maarten Martens (AZ), Jan Vertonghen (Ajax)

Aanval: Igor de Camargo (Standard Luik), Moussa Dembélé (AZ), Tom de Sutter (Anderlecht), Kevin Mirallas (Saint-Étienne), Emile Mpenza (FC Sion), Wesley Sonck (Club Brugge) en Bjorn Vleminckx (NEC).

12. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    A few interesting names in here to say the least, Lamah, Ma Kalambay, De Laet.

Still holding on strong to Swerts, Van Buyten, Mpenza, Deschacht :eek:

JF Gillet finally gets his first selection now that he is in the Serie A. I don't really know why we need 4 GK's for these 2 games :confused:

13. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Neither do I. The sooner Advocaat arrives, the better.

Why on earth still have Mpenza and Deschacht on this team? It's not like they're likely to factor in the 2012 qualifying campaign.

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh...

I'm sure Advocaat is having second thoughts after that performance.

15. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not at all, the reward becomes only bigger. It's the perfect moment to get in and start changing things. When he starts winning games he will look more and more like a wizard.

16. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Im pretty sure that Advocaat knows whats going wrong unlike those fools VDE and Vercauteren. DRB3000 is right about Advocaat. He is hoping we will lose all remaining games so he can look better afterwards :p

17. Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu Member+

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Advocaat sure has his work cut out for him. Look at the bright side though, cant get much worse.;)

18. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    How many times have we said that before? Believe me, with this bunch, it always can get worse.

19. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  20. Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu Member+

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Well, looks like I spoke too soon. Seriously, what level are we on as a footballing nation when we cant beat Armenia. Are we even capable of beating the Faroe Islands, Luxembourg, Moldova? We now in reality have to be considered one of Europes worst. I would put us on the same level as countries like Albania, Montenegro, Latvia, Lithuania, and Belarus.

21. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    We would seriously lose against all of those teams. They're even better than Armenia :eek:

22. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The sad thing is that's actually true.