WC 2010 in 3D!!! The Ultimate Experience

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by MexiGOL, May 26, 2010.

1. MexiGOL

MexiGOL New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    Club América
    You heard right folks, the World Cup 2010 in 3D. I turned on my TV this morning and a message came up that the receiver had been upgraded to show 25 WC 2010 games in 3D. This is through DirecTV. Now I have a few weeks to go out and get a 3D TV with some glasses.

The WC in 3D I can't believe it. It's gonna be awesome!

Who among you is already equiped with 3D TV's? Are they worth it? Pros? Cons? Who's tempted to buy a 3D TV now? Discuss.

2. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    i dont know. btw im looking to record this WC this year. i have TIME WARNER CABLE and i was trying or still trying to add a DVR EXPANDER. on this morning just before getting to work i went to frys and bought this HITACHI 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE. the device has USB 2.0, FIREWIRE and E-SATA connections.

I know that in order to increase your DVR capacity you can plug in an external HARDRIVEvia ESATA. so my TWC Motorola DVR has an E SATA entrance and the HARDRIVE i have has it too. anyways i got to my house around 3pm and as soon as i get home i took everything from the box. the set up is easy just plug i the power and then the E SATA cable on both the external hard drive and your dvr. UNFORTUNATELY this couldnt be done since the hadrdrive came with NO E SATA cable. so i said im going to bestbuy.

so i got to bestbuy after 10 minutes, and grab the E SATA cable and also a 1 TB WESTERN DIGITAL MY DVR EXPANDER TIVO CERTIFIED. so i said i either keep my 1 TB HITACHI EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE and the E SATA cable bought at bestbuy, or just keep the WESTERN DIGITAL DVR. so i just took out everything from the box and guess what/? it doesnt work.

it seems like TWC dvr boxes are uncompatible. this sucks i had directv until 5 months ago and i was going to buy me a DVR EXPANDER, but decided to change it to TWC because they were giving me HD and also the ON DEMAND feature for the WC. so now i wont be able to record the WC

this sucks because i work on M, W, F mornings and i dont have enough space on my DVR. I wanted to record the WC on HD this time. On 2002 i used a vcr, on 2006 a dvd recorder, and on this time I was planning on using my DVR by adding an external capactuty to it. with the 1TB i was going to have 120 HD more hours. so i figure it 64 games take about 135 hours, so the remaining 15 hours were going to be recorded on the regualr DVR...........

damn this sucks. i still only got 15 days. I gotta find a way to fix this. mods dont delete this psot, but if you feel this isnt the place move it to a new place.

I want to have the 64 games on HD. another options im thinking of is on maybe buying a HD TURNER and record from there........ i could set that up to my cable box. i used to use that back n 2006 but trust me those methods are not good. there isnt anything better than either DVD recorder or a DVR!

with the DVR i will keep the games as my collection.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT

......... O BRAZIL 2014 will definetely be on BR or some new technology :D

3. Gibraldo

Gibraldo Member+

radnicki nis
    Serbia
    Nov 17, 2005
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Here in Bavaria, they have a cinema that is showing several world cup matches in 3D.

4. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    i want the same! i really wish that we could have some of the movie theaters to show WC games on 3D, at least a couple.

i know they've been doing that on europe: arsenal-manU, barca-real for example. they've done it a couple of times....

5. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Anyone know how to record games without a DVR ($10/month)

6. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    are you advertising something? HOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW?

help

7. gomelkiev

gomelkiev Member

May 11, 2007
    I bought 3d samsung un55c8000, should be delivered tomorrow, but realized that Dish is not signed for espn 3d. have to switch to DTV or comcast ( pita)
    anybody knows if dish will sign for espn 3d?
    tried to call to dish, they have no idea , what I am talking about
    thx

8. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    No, I was asking. That's why I said how. I want to know of ways to record TV without paying the $10/month of cable DVR

9. joebarnin

joebarnin Member

May 3, 2003
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Here's how I'm recording games this World Cup in HD. I have Comcast cable (HD) and an HD DVR (the DVR isn't required for this setup). I'm using a Hauppauge PVR to capture the HD signal onto my computer as a .ts file. From there I can burn it straight to DVD or bring it into video ediitng software (Sony Vegas Pro). From Vegas I can burn a DVD or a Blu-ray disc. The DVD looks good and the Blu-ray looks fantastic. None of this is free or even cheap.

As for 3D, as much as I'd like to be on the bleeding edge I'm not ready to spring for another HD TV. If there's a game in a 3D theater near me I'll probably check it out.

Jeff

10. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    We need more info on matches being shown in 3D theaters. It's being done in some places in Europe, but I'm not sure about the US or elsewhere.

11. nutmegthruyuhleg

nutmegthruyuhleg New Member

May 27, 2010
    Crazy, can't imagine watching Football this way.

12. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    give me some feedback please

13. RunningBackwards

RunningBackwards New Member

Apr 24, 2010
    I like to have a beer when I watch a game. Not sure cinemas are going to be cool with that. Really i want a pub with 3D. Although seeing everyone wearing ridiculous glasses in a pub is going to be weird.

14. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Seeing a match on a giant screen with 3D trumps any sort of pub experience (which I admittedly don't care too much about to begin with). Pubs would likely only have a regular sized TV screen.

Though unfortunately for me I think pubs with 3D are more likely than movie theaters in the US, since I can't find any information on this, something which would normally be readily available by this point.

15. tevez183

tevez183 New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I really want to get a 3D tv in time for the World Cup. My question is how are the bars going to use the glasses? I know you need them to watch in 3D, and im pretty sure they run at about $100 a pair.

16. TheH

TheH New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Tijuana, Mexico
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm doing the same as joebarnin, I will be recording the World Cup in HD with a Hauppauge 1850 PVR tuner card + Windows 7 Media Center.
    This is actually a pretty good setup and like joebarnin said, the recordings can be burn to Blu-Ray or Dvd after editing, quality is amazing.

This PVR cards can only tune in and record NTSC/ATSC/QAM, meaning over the air local HD channels and unencrypted (clear) QAM HD cable channels.

The price for this card is about 110 dlls from Amazon.
    A 2 hour match recorded in HD including commercials eats up 16GB of hard drive space.

If you combine this setup with an HD projector like an Optoma HD65, ( that can support a screen size up to 300") you can get an amazing home theater World Cup experience at home with family and friends and you can play back the games anytime you want.

All of this for less than 1000 dlls, it may not be 3D but it's a pretty awesome experience, and at the end I'm sure next year or so when 3D Blu-Rays pick up and since this world cup will be recorded in 3D HD they will most likely sell it in that format, like they did with the 2006 world cup DVD recap.

17. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown New Member

Nov 14, 2004
    FL
    Hopefully some theaters in my area will have some 3D games

18. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    i went to frys on today and i was going to buy that bu it was 194. i then bought something chepaer for 35 onl. but ill guess ill return it and get the PVR. i have problems with the one TV TURNER /RECORDER i bought because it got frozen like 4-5 times and this wont work. hey they me how your PVR works.... like just tell me if that works fine...

19. Kadija

Kadija New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Wow! :D You lucky one ...

20. TheH

TheH New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Tijuana, Mexico
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I did that also, went to frys and bought the 1950 USB PVR and it was a mess, after a day I was getting no signal on all channels, so went and return it and saw that amazon had the hauppauge 1850 for $109, I got that, (frys only had the 1800). (1850 has a remote)
    The 1850 works really good with Windows 7 Media player, now I'm able to watch tv with the projector displaying on a 100" screen, football matches in 720p look incredible, cant wait for the world cup.

Now if you want to do this just make sure your cable company is transmiting HD channels in clear QAM, give them a call or something to find out.

If you need help with the setup let me know.

21. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    im just looking for a device to record the games. i dont really care if it does it on ANALOG or DIGITAL. still the set up is really easy, however what really annoys me is that is really hard to get a decent TV TURNER. i bought one back in 2006. it was just 70-80 bucks and it works fine. i didnt use it for the WC, because instead i used a DVD recorder. however i used the TV TURNER na recorded a bunch of stuff, i would say about 100 gbs and back in 2006 100gbs was way too much hard drive.

i dont have windows seven, but VISTA so that sucks. i'm try to run the drivers and the TV TURNER at my old 2004 XP computer. i think it will work right there.

i feel so pissed because my laptop has 4gbs of ram, 2.2 ghz of processor, more than 300 gbs on hard drive but it is a 64 bit computer. so im stuck.

let me know about good deals though and like i told you im just trying to record the WC. i actually have alaready an extra cable from my cable box. so all i need is to use my cable from my cable box to get the signal. it will be getting the same signal and whatever is tuned on my living room at my garage. i first bouth this DVR expander but it's not compatible with my TWC box so im stuck.

im like 8-9 days away dfrom the WC, and i really want to figure out a good way to do this....

22. TheH

TheH New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Tijuana, Mexico
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You will be doing this setup with a laptop? Or a desktop?
    Vista 64 bit will do from the reviews I've read.
    For a desktop PC the her-1850 is a very good PVR, works great no problems, (if you have PCI Express slot on your mother board.
    For a laptop a USB PVR is what you need, but vie tried the hvr-1950 and nothing but issues, the PCI Express 1850 works perfectly with Media center, media center will give you a full 14 day guide for your cable programing.

The recording software that comes with the card is crap so I would not use it, and I would not waste time with the USB tuners, if you have a desktop buy the 1850, use it with media center under vista or windows 7 and you wont have any problems.

23. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A friend who works for a big brazilian tv network invited me to watch a few games in a cinema theater... it will be in 3D, surround sound, everything... must be pretty cool to watch a game live, in 3D, in a huge screen... with lots of other people.

24. AntoAV

AntoAV New Member

Jun 2, 2010
  25. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    thanks though. i actually installed it on my old 2004 XP 32 bit computer and is working fine. weird huh?