WC 2010 Final Four: Who do you want to win?

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by ---Z---, Jul 4, 2010.

1. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    portugal fans only vote please.

just want to gauge the opinion of our portugal fans here.

final four of WC 2010

Netherlands vs Uruguay

Germany vs Spain.

who do you guys want to take the cup? and why

2. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    messed up on putting a poll.

anyways Im voting for Uruguay.

why?

well

Netherlands - Dont like them one bit everyone jacks off to their orangeness and they just annoy me and battle of nurenburg in 2006 turned me off them.

Spain - they been getting all the calls from the refs, and all the south americans and latinos jump on their bandwagon and wave spain flags in our faces when they beat Portugal. seriously go eat a goddamn burrito and leave us alone. (I didnt see it but I imagine thats what happened:rolleyes:) epic divers that make Portugal look like saints.

Germany - its Germany. they are playing great but I never like them. no passion, they just dont appeal to me. winning or losing they just always seem to react the same way no matter what. they just always seemed to cold for me to ever get behind them. not to mention all these random people drive around with german flags that seemingly came out of nowhere "My great grandfather was German!!:"

Uruguay - I always like their fighting spirit, and the fact that they owned Africa in this world cup so everyone is mad at them and suarez. but suarez and forlan are two players i really liked watching all tournament. they are the team everyone is hating on, just like Portugal in 2006 so they have my support. they fight liek animals, plus it would be hilarious of uruguay won the world cup, they would have 3 world cups. An epic fail ending to an epic fail world cup would just about wrap up south africa 2010 in the best possible way. Plus I always get chills down by spine when i watch videos about the 1950 Maracanazo

3. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    For me: Uruguay.
    2 Time champs from a small country that have been in the wilderness for years and stuck in Brazil and Argentina's shadow.

Germany I don't mind. The Germans are the opposite to uruguay, big country, efficient, always a contender and deservedly so. Unlike previous German squads this one is younger, so less arrogance to them this year. Also half the team aren't even German.

I would hate a Netherlands-Spain final that would mean one of them would get their first star and I shudder at the thought of our Eternal whipping boys or our sometimes full of themselves neighbors have that over us.

4. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Personally, I want Uruguay! They've been extremely affective. Unfortunately they wont have Luis Suarez because of his "Hand of God" red card.

Hate Spain. Hate Germany.

So If not Uruguay, the Netherlands.. :eek:

Realistically, the winner of Spain/Germany will win it all.

5. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    couldnt have summed it up better:D

Uruguay-Germany final, with uruguayans winning would be epic

[​IMG]

6. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If it were up to me it would be nice to see the unfancied Uruguay win it. Realistically, I think it will be either Germany or Spain.

7. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not me, I was going for Portugal big time, I hate those cheating diving bastards. But I know what you mean about people jumping on the bandwagon, I even seen some people that where obviously not Spanish rock the jersey and wave the flag around. :rolleyes:

8. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    I honestly don't care. If Spain and Netherlands get knocked out, I might get a little bit happier, but that is it.

Honestly, I would like it all to be over already. The world cup is a fun little tournament, but I would like to have it over because I am so damn sick of talking to people who only watch soccer once every four years. They are all idiots, and they love to jabber about how much they love it, but you can't get them to follow a club team if their life depended on it.

9. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In order

Germany
    Netherlands
    Uruguay
    Spain

10. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    I'd like to see a new winner, so either Holland or Spain.

Holland- first world cup I remember was '78, Argentina-Holland. I don't know why but from there I always cheered for Holland...until around 2002 or 2004. The 2006 game vs. Portugal didn't earn them any points. But hey, I'd rather have them win than Germany. As long as V. Persie doesn't play in the Final itself. Chump.

Spain - I have nothing against Spain once they left Portugal at Aljubarrota. They do have a couple of guys that have that look that makes you want to punch them. You know that look, it's like "Hey, come punch me in the face." Again, a new champion every 3 or 4 World Cups keeps things a little fresh.

Uruguay - I wouldn't be hearbroken if they won. They have a solid team and play with a lot of heart. I'm also at a loss as to why some people have decided that Suarez is a cheat and that Uruguay should be ashamed and should have let Ghana get a goal to win it because that would be "fair." I'll tell you what's fair: he got recarded and Ghana would be in the semis if they knew how to take a PK. Instead, they sucked at it and now comes the self-righteous supporters who are only crying because it was their team that was out. Whatever. Gyan better fly right back to Europe before a witch doctor shrinks his head.

Germany- the only team I definitely DON'T want to win the WC. Why not? Do I really need to answer that?

11. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    I have more links with the german people than any other, so my choice is obvious.

12. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Holland?

:D

13. PTMZ

PTMZ Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Maputo - Mozambique
    I would like Spain to win, but I’m 99% sure that it will be Germany. You know, it’s just like Gary Lineker once said: “football is a simple game where 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and in the end Germany wins”.

14. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I want the winner of Uruguay/Netherlands winner. Anyone but Germany and Spain.

15. thebaptist

thebaptist Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Durban, SA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Uruguay for all the reasons stated above.

As long as Spain and Holland don't win I'll be happy

16. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Netherlands 3 - 2 Uruguay! What a game! Unfortunately Uruguay came up short. All 5 fantastic goals! Congrats to Maxi Pereira for a great goal and World Cup!

Hope Netherlands take it. Sneijder and Robben are beastly! Sneider has been player of the TOURNAMENT! Forget CR and Messi

17. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Netherlands now. If Germany win I will get over it but Spain:(.

18. Corisco

Corisco New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Mississauga, Ontario
    I want Germany. We are never gonna win one so I don't want other countries getting ahead of us i.e. the Dutch and Spain.

19. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Never;). Can handle Germany and they have been really good this WC and they would be closer to Brasil's 5.

20. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pretty good showing by Fucile and Alvaro for Uruguay in this tournament as well.

21. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Agreed. Glad to see a team with 3 players from the Portuguese league make it that far. They really play well together and worked hard.

22. Bengoechea

Bengoechea Member

Jul 28, 2005
    São Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Relax, we will win it in 2014

23. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I rather Germany, I don't want Netherlands or Spain winning a WC before us. And I detest Netherlands...

24. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    you beat me to the post
    was going to post the same thing