WC 2010 Bigsoquer Pachanga..

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Wiso, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    Ok chavos..

who is for sure going?

2. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    1-choul

Though I had to sell the Omnilife jet to pay for shipping the Angel over.

3. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    2- VAMOS MEXICO.

See you guys for the Big soccer pachangas by the "angel" in

Jburg after the Mexican victories during WC2010. :D

4. Lil Puppet

Lil Puppet Member+

Feb 11, 2007
    A Basket
    Club:
    FC Illychivets Mariupol
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    I'm not going. This thread should be closed as it is if no use to me.

5. Alopez

Alopez Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Birmingham
    3 - ALopez

how long ya'll staying?? where? what games ya'll gonna watch??

6. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    4-5. Rey & cousin.

still trying to figure out how to get to Pietersburg for the 2nd game and trying to unload Mex-Uru tix.

7. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    To recap

1-choul
    2-vamos mexico
    3-ALopez
    4-rey
    5-rey's cousin

I had some of my travel arrangements in place a long time ago, gambling they wouldn't be playing the first two days. I got pwnd. I have tix to the first game (part of a TST), but can't even pick them up because I arrive the day after the game.

8. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    so your going to miss the first game!!!???!!! :eek:

9. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Unless flights really drop, or I'm able to change my existing flight, I'll end up watching it in a bar in London.

10. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    if we can get pern to canada we can get chouly to SA. Lets DOooo Itttt

11. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm in.

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    that sucks

how much more of a price jack are you talking about if you change your itinerary and fly to SA the day before the match?

13. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Actually working on it as we speak.

My wife and I were using miles to fly to London and back, and had bought separate tickets from London to SA. We can't rebook the London-SA tickets on the same airline the day before the match (airline says they're full), but we can cancel and use the credit for DC-London, buy separate Lon-SA on an airline with available seats, and keep the miles for another occasion.

14. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I was not sure if I wanted to use my miles or just pay for the ticket.

At any rate, I met a client and we were going over some figures. They didn't expect the figure to be high, but they said that they needed it done. The wife's client said, "it looks like I just may have to work overtime this month to get it".

So, I asked where she worked. She said she worked for an airline. LIGHT BULBS lit up. I told her that I was going to SA and that I had not purchased my tickets. I asked her if she would be willing to barter some buddy passes. When i said that, she immediately jumped at the opportunity.

So, I am right now redoing all the figures for her husband and taking into the account the price to fly to SA.

So, there is where I stand. I already have my accommodation set aside. By the end of the week, I will finalize everything

15. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My dad and I arrive in SA on June 15th, stay in Polokwane to watch Mex vs. France until the 18th, then we leave for Rustenberg and stay there until the 23rd. Have tickets for both Mex vs. France and Mex vs. Uruguay....We cannot wait! Hope there are a lot of us out there so I have people to party with! Needless to say, my Dad isn't a big party animal so if I can meet like minded individuals, that would be awesome. PM me and maybe we all can meet up.

16. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dude, I work for an airline as well and I would strongly recommend not to use buddy passes. I'm assuming you know how they work but the loads on all flights to SA are going to be ridiculous. You MIGHT make it, but you have to be ridiculously flexible. Even if there are open seats, our planes get weight restricted (Too long to explain what that means unless you guys really want to know) and a lot of the times, on long flights like these, leave people at the gate with 40 open seats.