WBA Vs Everton - Match Thread

Discussion in 'Everton' started by sicurrie, Sep 13, 2014.

1. sicurrie

sicurrie Member

Jun 28, 2014
    How to solve a problem like Naismith? The guy is quite clearly our form striker but I feel his presence is disrupting the £28m record signing Lukaku. I wish this was our only problem, we have no creative midfielder due to the continued injury absence of Barkley, coupled with a bizarre transfer policy (even a loan till Jan would have been good).
    Then we come to the crux of our current problems, the defence. The once stable back 4 looks all at sea in the first 3 games (Martinez Wigan springs to mind) with the captain Jag in particular suffering from his bad World Cup in the summer, I would personally drop him and freshen up the back 4 by bringing in Stones alongside Distin.
    Team for me would be T-How, Leprechaun, Paint Trophy, Black Terminator, Miles Kane, Ginger, Gaz Baz, Super Kev, Stay Puft, Blonde Messi, Not so Super Rom. Tough game against the Baggies, 1-1

2. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While Jags has been off-form for months, I'm not sure if Stones would be an improvement. Last season, Stones seemed good for at least one nerve-racking gaffe a match. If Stones has improved in that area, though, I'd be all for seeing him start.

I love those nicknames. Most of them I can figure out, presumably Miles Kane = Leighton Baines, and John Stones = Paint Trophy? How did those names come about. I have no clue who "Stay Puft" is, though.

3. sicurrie

sicurrie Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Lol I just made them up mate. Stay puft is McGeady (see ghostbusters)
    There is a lower league trophy called the JohnStones Paint trophy

4. sicurrie

sicurrie Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Not the best performance but after the 1st 3 diabolical games a win is a win. Someone should tell Lukaku we are playing #WBA every week as for 1st time this season he actually looked interested, taking his goal superbly. Apart from him and the occasional good tackle from Stones (although he was fortunate a couple of times not to give away a pen) the team looked poor and the back 4 looking dodgy again against a very weak team, which doesn't bode well for future games. Jag simply has to be dropped, he is so off his game at the moment (post WC hangover?) while no one else in the team is pulling up trees either! 3pts, a slightly held back reaction to the performance and we move on to the Die Wölfe in Europe.