WBA Throstles vs Arsenal (EPL) 02Jan2021

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by And_ROOS, Dec 30, 2020.

1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah he would move been a brilliant pivot next to song or cazorla or even partey now as he could receive the ball and move it and also contribute later stages to attacks

real shame actually he and diaby were so injury prone as that would’ve been an elite partnership too with cesc ahead

2. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    To similar to what Cazorla brought to the position, especially physically, I don’t think they would have worked as a pairing.

Prime Cazorla and Partey would have been interesting though.

daedalus and thebigman repped this.
  3. maskito

maskito Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is frustrating to think how things might have been different if some of these key midfielders were able to stay healthy for us over the last couple decades. In addition to JFW, Diaby, and Cazorla, you have to wonder how things would have been different if early Rambo and TR7 had been able to be on the pitch more than the time spent out injured.

thebigman repped this.
  4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Or if hleb stayed

maskito repped this.
  5. maskito

maskito Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was an amazing dribbler and passer, but I don't think I ever yelled at the television more than any other player in my 46 years on this earth than when Hleb had a shot and refused to take it.

His refusal to take shots made us notably easier to defend, which made him a liability in spite of his otherwise elite talents.

daedalus repped this.
  6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny when I read your post the only thing I saw was "TR7" and the only thing I could think of was this little honey that when I was buying my first car, I really coveted...

[​IMG]

... instead I got a used 1974 VW Dasher wagon. Much more practical for back/forth to college, but man would I'd have loved a Triumph. Except maybe when it broke down.

Also funny, I don't really recall every seeing Tomas (one of my favorite players of that era) ever/much being referred to as "TR7". Maybe my recollection fails me, but I think that would've really stuck in my memory, given the above-mentioned infatuation.

Oh well, carry on...

7. maskito

maskito Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My dad bought an orange Triumph TR7 when he hit a mid-life crisis in the mid-80s. He deeply regretted that decision, and sold the car the first chance he could.

i did a quick search on this forum, and TR7 looks to have been reasonably common back in those days he played. I was just using it for brevity.

8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    his movement and dribbling created so many chances though

in the modern game he would be a great cm in a 433

mebeSajid, daedalus and maskito repped this.
  9. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    All the mid-Wenger AMs would be fantastic today. Hleb, Rosicky, Nasri, Cazorla.

daedalus and thebigman repped this.