Ways To Get Back At Aeg

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by daveamoose, Dec 15, 2005.

1. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is hillarious...people coming to these boards proclaiming to know even one iota of what transpired over the last 2 years.

And there were a lot of people who did want the Quakes. Think whatever you like but AEG wanted to do things AEG's way and no one elses.

2. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    It's their property, they get to dictate things that suits their business needs.

3. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Thou art well a jackass!

4. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    for pointing out the capitalistic nature of America?

5. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think this is true at all. I fully believe that AEG wanted Chivas to take over San Jose and/or they wanted Club America to take over San Jose. Chivas didn't just waltz into LA.

Seriously, AEG runs/ran half of MLS (NY, Chi, San Jose, LA, and DCU) and it was obvious that San Jose was the Red headed step child franchize. However, to think that AEG and MLS were not trying to attract new investors for expansions and San Jose is just insanity. Its as if the common mode of thinking is that AEG was trying to ruin the San Jose franchise. This is usually paired with these amazing fantasies that everything was okay with San Jose, that their fan base was fine, they had investors ready to step up, and that a financial model for the team could be okay.

Now, Spartan was a nice place to watch a game (I saw one game there with the Blackhawks) and it actually looked really nice on TV (other than not being able to see the near corners). I really believe that AEG was just trying to keep San Jose on life support until MLS found another investor willing to take over the franchise. That never happened. MLS expects to be back, soon.

A lot of us have lost our team before and know that it sucks. Villifying the owner is easy. Realizing that MLS is still trying to survive and that AEG has only ever wanted 3 markets is another thing. When MLS is in year 30 and the Quakes have been around for all but one to three seasons this will basically be forgotten.

I just hope that when the Quakes come back in a year that they are able to bring some of the former Quakes back (Ching, DeRosario) to link the franchise.

6. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are telling us what you believe. Do you have any actual evidence or facts to back up your claim that AEG wanted Chivas to take over SJ? Do you have any proof that MLS or AEG was making an attempt to find an investor? As it stands, SSV were the only enity actively looking for investors.

7. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues

We should protest to FIFA. If ANYONE wants to have a trump card and dangle anything over anyones (MLS) head then this is it. Except we have to USE it, and of course, we will drop the "charge" if we get our team back. No exceptions.

8. JMichaels

JMichaels New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    The City of Oakland tried to use eminent domain to take the Raiders from Al Davis. Didn't work.

Unfortunately, the team is not "ours." It belongs to AEG and MLS. The players belong to MLS.

AEG and MLS have chosen Houston over San Jose.

What can FIFA do? Did they do anything about a league that has one owner over four teams (used to be five) out of 12 teams?

9. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There have been several articles that have been posted.

Every time these are brought up they get the same response though, so I'm not gonna bother retreading those threads. 8(