Ways To Get Back At Aeg

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by daveamoose, Dec 15, 2005.

1. daveamoose

daveamoose New Member

Jul 11, 2001
    NOT OAKLAND!!!
    I am looking at ways of never giving AEG another dollar of my money.
    so, how can I do it??

Let me know please

2. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Duh, don't buy tickets to their stuff.

3. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't AEG's little bike race coming to town next year? A few well placed signs and banners would be interesting.

4. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    i dont see how this is AEGs fault? they wanted to sell the team, nobody stepped up.

the community didnt justify spending 80 mil or so on a new stadium, and when you guys had landon and were winning championships, the bay area just shrugged and went about its day.

so.. again... AEGs fault? how so?

5. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    Picket Chronicles of Narnia?

6. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999
    Uhhh. It's AEG's fault that they didn't want us. You want a heavier explanation than that?

The community certainly didn't shrug and go on its way when SJ played LA.

7. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    well, did the quakes make much financial sense? how can you fault them for that? is a company supposed to want to stick with something that isnt working? should coke have kept new coke?

thats just one game, unfortunately.

8. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    won't be going to LA to watch the US Norway match...

fvcking aeg...getting in the way of my Nats too...

9. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    i'm still confused as to how AEG deserves any blame in losing your team? i sympathize and think it sucks they're gone, but at a very basic and purely economic level AEG wanted to sell the earthquakes. this was a widely known fact for more than a year. no one in san jose wanted to buy the team under the varying existing factors (e.g. spartan stadium) someone in houston did. end of story. if it were a case of houston offering more money then i'd agree whole-heartedly that AEG were being bastards. as far as i can tell though this is simply a case of SVS&E wanting to buy the team only if the stadium could be wholly or partially publicly funded - that didn't happen so they didn't buy.

10. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    that is certainly the best idea around.

but if a bs-organized push for "Game of Their Lives" had little affect, I don't see how a Narnia boycott promoted on bs will have to any affect on AEG's bottom line.

11. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who?

12. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    like variations of Coke products, I think variations of Quakes in SJ will keep on coming.

not all formulas work, but some people do like vanilla coke. eventually an owner might be found who can get a better stadium deal (or new SSS) and the Quakes could be back in SJ (assuming AEG doesn't take the name to Houston, which I don't think they will do).

13. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    fair point. i'll concede that it appears there isn't a specific owner in houston. however you'd have to admit there must be more progress in texas than in san jose as the cost to AEG of moving, marketing and branding the team has to far outweigh the losses they would incur with another year in san jose.

14. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since that is the case, the protest is on!

15. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Best record in the league by far and avg 13K and you're blaming AEG?

16. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    exactly. you guys would be pretty thick to think that there wont be a team in the bay area again.

things just didnt work out at the current time.

hopefully next time for you guys, the team will be able to get the community behind it (consistently; esp if the team is winning!).

17. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasnt AEG the reason the team still existed until now? Wouldnt this announcement have come a few years ago if AEG didnt step in to temporarily save the team?

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To an extent. However, it was also AEG that, if not for Johnny Moore and later SSV, were just about to secretly sell the Quakes down the river back in January 2004.

That was the moment that, for me, negated any goodwill from AEG fully picking up the Quakes when the Sharks' ownership change caused SVS&E to pull out in December 2002.

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

19. Aquari

Aquari New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    Easy for you to say. Not so for a true Quakes fans.

20. Aquari

Aquari New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    You guys obviously don't know the full details of the story.

Why don't you check all the discussions on this very issue (SJ moving etc) and then come back here and argue.

21. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    isn't that what caused this problem?

22. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lets burn the ********ing headquarters

23. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I like to think of myself as a fairly well informed person, and I don't see why AEG deserves any blame either.

They said we are going to move this team, if no one buys it, and guess what? No one did. When they stepped up (and kept the team alive, FYI) in 2002, they said we are only holding it until a local investor comes forward. Well - none did.

So yeah. FUAEG. For keeping our team around for three more seasons.

24. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They said nothing of the sort. There was no public indication the team was for sale until the Club America guy started blabbing.

25. dakotajoe

dakotajoe Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Medford, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What blather. At least you concede you are wrong then make another wrong statement. Who is the new I/O in Houston?? New stadium?? What progress?? Care to report.

Go back to the ********ing LA board and jump into the revelry of the Quakes demise there.