Way to go KNBR

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by mike mcclellan, Oct 17, 2003.

1. mike mcclellan

mike mcclellan New Member

Sep 19, 2002
    San Jose
    Over the lunch hour today, I heard John Schrader give the Quakes some love during one of his updates. He talked about how the next four games are against LA and how we'll be playing them in the first round of the playoffs. He even ran some tape of Onstad saying how sweet it is to be playing LA since "We don't really like them and they don't really like us."

Since this type of coverage really helps attract attention and interest, now is a great time to show KNBR management that there ARE a lot of Earthquakes fans in the audience and we will respond if they start to cover us.

Kind of like training a dog, we should shower them with positive feedback so that they continue to take notice and give the team the coverage we deserve.

2. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good point .... but I don't know if I can bring myself to listen to KNBR. gives me the willies just thinking about it. :D

3. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Not KNBR.....it's Schrader.......Rick Barry and John Schrader give the Quakes much love on a regular basis. John London has Donovan on regularly but that's as far as they go with soccer. Let's give credit where credit is due. I'm still pissed that their web-site has raiders, 9ers, giants, a's, sharks, warriors and sabercats news links with a logo of each on their homepage.....no Quakes. :mad:

4. mike mcclellan

mike mcclellan New Member

Sep 19, 2002
    San Jose
    I agree they don't get the Quakes their due. The point I was making was that this was a great opportunity to respond to some coverage and show the "Sports Leader" that soccer has a sizable number of supporters here in their market...

It's only by voting with our voices (and our wallets) that we'll ever attract any consistent coverage from the local media. If they hear from enough of us, then they are more likely to put some soccer into their coverage on slow news days.

If they do, and more people hear that there IS a playoff/championship caliber team worth watching in the Bay Area, well it can't hurt our attendance...