Alert: Wave @ KiXX game rescheduled for 3-17 in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by mjames1229, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    He can also have some cheese with his wine -
    [​IMG]

2. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    and let us not forget this logo -
    to toss into the mix
    [​IMG] +[​IMG] +[​IMG]
    equals

3. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    My sons soccer team came in 2nd in a tournament this weekend - feeling a little rotten today

4. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Well, no, you don't announce for them now and hopefully never again since you've been undermining them.

5. Redhawk1

Redhawk1 Member

May 12, 2006
    Syd: I came in from KC to announce the games when the "REAL" Illusion played at The Game....when the real pros were involved. I never paid one cent for helping out.....nor did I ever ask for any pay. I did it because I'm friends with the guys that used to play for the Illusion. I was doing it to help Jamie and Karen out.

The PA Announcer for the KC Kings gets $50 per game, and he's local. I was asked to fill in once this season in KC, but I was on vacation in Florida at the time.

Why won't you answer the questions I ask?

6. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    He never answers the true questions... treat him a like bad car accident, look once or twice, cringe and then go away being thankful your not caught up in that mess.

7. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Oh the real Illusion. Not like the real Blast that played 18 years ago in a different league, but the real Illusion that played 2 weeks ago in the same league as they are in now. Oh the glory days.

I won't answer your question because, as you catatonically repeat yourself about the meeting next Tuesday with Dave Checketts (and maybe something would have gotten done if you'd stop calling them every five minutes) I have answered these questions multiple times in high definition detail. But you keep blabbering on and RedKnapp keeps looking for pictures of Accordian players and ice cream trucks to go with his non-sequiters and no one is reading what other people actually have to say.

8. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    But you seem to following along rather well.:D

9. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I am not sure why all this animosity - I read some of the PASL threads and holy moly - what a mess that league has. I am really confused - we all like indoor soccer but make fun of it because it is on the wrong side of the fence.
    I invite all of you to show me the perfect organization - anywhere?
    A business - a product - something that is perfect that does not have flaws
    PASL may its problems but I would go their games - MISL has problems but I go to their games - to be honest I don't really give a rats behind if a soccer organization is having shoot outs in their office on weekdays as long as they put a team on the field according to the schedule.
    why you guys push/shove aver which of these 2 leagues is better is beyond me - they are all screwed up!!
    I run a little park recreation agency - There are flaws in my system just as there are all over - but we are humans and we make mistakes and we accept that and move on
    You guys are killing me - is it really that deep??
    and I thought you all were smart?? and knew what you were talking about

10. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    No reps from the MISL office come on here and rock the boat.

We know it's flawed all the way round but when you're reminded of the obvious at each corner by someone who is supposed to uphold the game, you're going to return the reality check.

11. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I hear you - but some of his comments just do not make sense to me
    There is an old saying:
    People who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    There is the pot calling the kettle black
    Yes - he does some make off the wall comments and not sure why since he clearly has problems on his side of the street
    Why do you lash out at the MISL - let's get to the root of your problem so you can be a happier person and not keep shouting out all this anger and resentment that you are expressing
    Come on I have a shoulder and some ears - we all do - let it out

12. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Dude... his complaints are littered through each and every post.

Bring back the good old days, dump the multi point, league wide consistency that mirror's the good old days, remove current Balt. front office, revive Voltron, yada, yada, yada... If need more go the top left corner on one of his posts to his BS name and click on more posts by user.... you'll get more then eyes can handle.

13. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Ok - you convinced me - he is spouting and nothing more
    I now get it - quit reading his posts is what you are telling me - lol
    It takes a little while to sink in - age is catching up with me

14. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    So many posts and yet you still don't get it?

I may have wanted to revive the good old days, but then around 1996 I moved on. Past that I never would have revived old names or tried to recreate something that is gone.

There are obviously things to emulate about the old days, but there are things to emulate from other more successful leagues like the NLL and AHL.

I have consistently advocated the demise of multi-point scoring and will continue to do so. At least you got that right.

15. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    yeah SYD
    but you are on a one way street driving solo with that one

it is what it is... and MPS is NOT preventing anyone from coming to an indoor game and you know that

us diehards will travel far and beyond at times to watch an indoor game (at a high level granted)

16. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I agree - it is what it is
    and you can advocate all you want until the cows come home but YOU are not going to change it
    and to be honest your word would not hold much water if I was the powers to be and you requested it
    Let it go - you are involved with the PASL and should spend more time with fixing that and just sit back and relax and enjoy MISL games for what they are

17. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Have to disagree. Sorry.

18. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    We have to disagree too. This is your scape goat to harp on the MISL until the next great white elephant comes to your feet enabling you to continue your never ending tour of tears and obvious jealousy.

Complaining about MPS considering the short comings of indoor is laughable. MPS works for the NBA with no problems and everyone follows along just fine, I'm not seeing any NFL fans complain about having to count either, Lacrosse fans are cool with it, even Arena football fans are cool with it.... I fail to see any logic behind MPS being a negative.

Perhaps if you were a purist for the game you'd bring a touch a validity to your argument but you've gone on record numerous times saying you hate the outdoor game so it seems you're simply the product of Numerophobia and nothing more, I hope that works out for ya.:rolleyes:

19. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    wow - only like indoor??
    I like to watch both - outdoor is a little bit boring but I enjoy a good game
    I prefer indoor but to me a non soccer player like me - soccer is soccer and they are 2 different types of soccer that I enjoy watching
    I am a Cubs fan and my bro inlaw is a sox fan - We rip on each other a little about the teams but neither wishes the other disappears
    and we certainly do not argue about rules like designated hitter - as it is what it is and folks do not pick a team based on that rule

20. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I'm afraid I don't know how to overcome your failure to tell the difference between apples and oranges without attacking your intellect so I guess we're done here.

Your irrelevant examples of other sports is like saying "lactating works fine for women I don't see why you don't want men to give milk."

21. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    you do seem to be the only person who is totally against MPS
    Why do you have such a fixation with it?
    And why do you think that MPS is such a downfall for the MISL?
    If owners of bigger teams are ok with it and they if they do expand and get more teams and they are fine with it and Indoor soccer does indeed grow - is that not a good thing??
    And do you truly believe that people are NOT attending games because of MPS? IS that your biggest argument for the slipping attendance for professional soccer??
    And if it bothers you that much then why are you not "done here"?
    Why do you continue to slam a league that is trying to make a go of it?
    Does the PASL want those cities?? Does the PASL want those cities to dissolve their teams?
    I mean really - what is your motivation to harp such negativity towards this league??
    and why are they irrelevant if a large percentage of pro sports use MPS and it works and nobody complains. Do you look at a football game and say well 2 touchdowns and field goal - so the score was 2 1/2 to 0 or 2 1/2 to 4. that is what the rules are - and that is what the rules are for the MISL. Either accept it or move on and stick to your PASL and let us argue over what teams will be in the MISL finals!!
    And just to start some blood pumping - Blast vs. Wave will be the Championship match!!

22. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GoStorm, I also dislike MPS. I don't see any benefit that comes from having two and three point goals. In basketball it makes some sense because teams can draw out the defense and open up things for the offense by hitting three pointers. That doesn't happen in indoor soccer. I think it's somehwat of an insult to the fans to have a score of 11-8 when one team had five goals and the other four.

On the other hand, MPS does not drive me away from the game and I don't think it's such a big deal that it drives many other fans away. That's where I part company with Syd on the issue.

23. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Keep tellin' yourself that, hopefully you'll actually believe it in the near future.

Irrelevant ? Laughable if not sad.... keep it coming, you're only helping to prove my previous remarks.

24. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    and a short listof SPORTS
    Football - basketball - volleyball - Indoor Soccer - Outdoor soccer - arena football - curling - wrestling
    oh ya and a survey:
    Do you like Volleyball with speed score or the old fashioned way where only the serving team gets a point?
    Now if you went to play in a game and they said we are playing speed score: would you
    A) Sorry don't like speed score - I am not playing
    B) Sorry won't play that way and then stand there and complain about it
    c) Adjust/accept and play anyway
    My sons soccer team plays in several tournaments a year and you have to read the rules because everybody plays differently
    sixth attacker ok & not ok
    2 line pass - no 2 line pass
    if up by 6 points - add a player so 7 on 6
    if win by 10 + goals you get minus a win point
    must have shirt with number - no number is ok
    etc etc etc etc

25. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Respectfully, I disagree.... the heavier goals when needed add an extra element to the game. It's a small extra piece to the overall experience.

As you said, it's not going to drive fans away. That's like saying there's an actual knowledgeable fan base across the country who's sitting at home waiting for the big switch to single pts.... I think you,I and basically everyone but Costanza can agree that MPS isn't effecting anyone's overall outlook on the MISL or any other MPS based league... it's indoor parsley, eat it or push it aside but it neither makes or breaks a meal.