Watching a game

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by JimmyLew, Apr 12, 2006.

1. JimmyLew

JimmyLew New Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Hi, I am interested in coming over to Argentina to watch a match or 2. Does anybody have some advice, in regards to obtaining tickets for River & Boca matches, decent accomadation and getting in touch with any locals who would be willing to show me around and help get to matches in exchange for ticket?

Thanks

Jimmy

2. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well it depends on many things, like date. and if you want to sit or stand(platea or popular). i recommend for a once in a lifetime experience to stand. you could watch boca or river. or go to the actuall teams like san lorenzo or independiente. i wouldnt take much of anything to these matches and as far as telling people information id only advise you to keep it at a need to know basis. id need more info to tell you what gfames you could attend.

3. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When I have been to Argentina I have gotten tickets for games through this company:-

http://www.gofootball.com.ar/

They will get you match tickets, pick you up from your hotel, drive you to the ground and after the game drop you off at your hotel.

Talking of hotels, this really is down to your budget, but I have stayed at The Bristol Hotel, which is centrally located and is a decent standard and not too expensive.

It really is an experience to see Boca Juniors and/or River Plate and I would recommend you do so if they are both playing at home during your time in Argentina.

I would not recommend you go on your own to games as there can be a lot of violence in domestic Argentine football and things could get a bit dodgy for you.