Watching 7/22 game at James Joyce pub

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by wcevery4yrs, Jul 18, 2006.

1. wcevery4yrs

wcevery4yrs New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Baltimore
    Hi all:

I'll be going to the James Joyce pub on Saturday to watch the DC United game. If anyone in the area is around, and wants to help me cheer 'em
    onto victory, feel free to PM me.

-Patricia

2. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm likely to be around the city on Saturday anyway, this could work.

I haven't heard anything about a viewing at Kilroy's, so maybe we should get something local together.

3. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm a possible - I'm finally threw this stomach virus that has been killing me for the past week.

Maybe, I'll ask Mrs. JSF if she wants to go to dinner up in B-more.... hmmm. maybe some husband points may be coming my way...

Maybe she'd prefer to eat some steaks in Chicago?! :eek: :D

4. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be there.

Hope you can make it Joe.

5. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I probably won't be able to get there. I'd only be able to get there for the second half.

6. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to make some comment about how we'll have the game under control by then - but I still have a bad feeling about this game.

7. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    I may be in Baltimore that evening, it's 8:30 pm, correct? Where is the James Joyce?

8. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, 8:30. I'm trying to get there by 8.

It's basically the end of President Street, I think. About 10 minutes' walk from the Shot Tower Metro station. Not sure what other landmarks it's near. I've only been the one time for USA/Czech.

I hope DCU does better than the US did that day. :eek:

9. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
  10. wcevery4yrs

wcevery4yrs New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Baltimore
    If you take I-83 to the very end, it barfs out (sorry, Joe, about the stomach virus) onto President Street. The James Joyce is at 616 S. President Street, and their website is: www.thejamesjoycepub.com and they have directions from all points to find them. Even I will, and I'm the most directionally-challenged being on this planet.

I'll be meeting up with Ed that night--he might have a bad feeling about the game--I, on the other hand, am predicting victory 14 in a row.

The more the merrier--too bad I don't have a female BB t-shirt to wear!!!

-Patricia

11. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll get there early that way if I have to play air traffic controller for anyone, they can get there on time. :D

12. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    scarshins-

It's in the first floor of the parking garage building for the Marriott Waterfront Hotel... You can't miss it.

13. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    Thanks everyone. Hopefully I won't pass out beforehand while at artscape due to beer and heat.

14. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Famous. Last. Words.

:D

15. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    We're definitely going to be there - though we haven't decided where to go for dinner.

Here's how I always go.

Take Pratt past the inner harbor, take the right (where if you took a left you could get on I-83 at the beginning and if you go straight you go into Little Italy).

Then, where I would take a left to go to Fells Points, keep going straight, take a quick right btwn Marriott and the parking garage then loop around near the harbor trying to find somewhere to park, possibly go over near the "whole foods or other natural foods place" near the courtyard, if you still haven't found somewhere to park, park between fells point and CY and it's free. Then walk back toward the Marriott Waterfront, when you get to the circle look to your right.

16. wcevery4yrs

wcevery4yrs New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Baltimore
    I saw in this week's City Paper that they validate parking after 5 pm in the Victor's Cafe lot, wherever that is. Since you all know each other and I'm the newbie, Ed's in charge of finding me, too, as I'm clueless as to who/what to look for. I'll be getting there about 8:00. Don't forget Joe that Artscape is on in Baltimore this weekend, so the downtown of downtown Baltimore is going to be packed. Don't plan on eating dinner anywhere around there unless you've got parking taken care of in advance or are really willing to walk. Holler privately if you need any more information.

Looking forward to meeting you all...

-Patricia

17. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was half thinking about parking in the garage at Little Italy and walking over, but I don't know if that's a good idea or not postgame. I don't *think* it's that far of a distance.

18. Billtimore

Billtimore New Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Hampden,Baltimore,MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never have a problem getting a spot right there on the street.
    I'll swing by if I can get out of work on time.

19. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Couple of things:

1. Artscape shouldn't be an issue, as it's up in Mt. Vernon/Bolton Hill
    2. The Little Italy garage is open until 3 AM, so it's a good option. When I have to drive to the office, that's where I park. It's a short walk.
    3. The Victor's Parking Lot is the only remaining surface lot in Harbor East. Basically, you drive past the pub, wheel around Katyn Circle and continue due south toward the water (President Street), and make a right. The lot is very easy to spot.

20. wcevery4yrs

wcevery4yrs New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Baltimore
    Lowecifer is right--Artscape won't be an issue down by the pub--just kicking that out as a warning in case Soccerjoe and his wife were thinking of eating dinner in that territory. I've been told that parking is easy to find in that area no matter what you decide to do--I think everyone has mentioned enough possibilities so we should all be covered. Thanks to everyone for the parking tips!!

-Patricia

21. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    I'll be at home, as the wife is off to a party that night and I am in charge of the little one. Course, I plan on getting my fill at Artscape so i wouldn't be much for hanging other than the occasional choruses of "hush little baby" and rocking in a chair.

Have a good time folks.

22. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I mean you could yell "Hush Little Baby," when Sarachan complains about the officiating.

:D

23. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    How'd it go?

24. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000

Great, Ed, Patricia, Mrs. JSF and myself had a TV at the bar. Good time.

25. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Good!