Watch Party USA-Egypt

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by yanksoccerfan, Jun 17, 2009.

1. yanksoccerfan

yanksoccerfan New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Kansas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watch party for the USMNT-Egypt game. Due to a wedding reception at the Coaches at 103rd and Wornall they were unable to have us. Luckily the manager refereed me to his son at the Coaches in Overland Park and is more than happy to have us and give us good specials on beer.

What-USA-Egypt Confederation Cup
    Where-149th and Metcalf
    When- 1:30 p.m. Sunday 6-21-2009
    Specials- $2 miller, bud light and, bud heavy bottles

Predicted starting line up-Howard-Spector-Gooch-Demerit-Bornstein-Torres-Bradley-Dempsey-Adu-Donovan-Altidore

http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=14893 ...3 metcalf ave overland park, ks us&mag=5&ard=
    Come out bring your friends. Ill see you at Coaches

Come On You Yanks!!

2. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    A lot of us will be in St. Louis for the Superliga match, but thanks for setting this up.

3. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of the people that are in St Louis don't go to AO sponsored stuff anyway, I think you'll be fine, Brian.

4. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    ? Im not sure where you get that idea. I've been to plenty of AO stuff and I'll be there to support the Wizards in St. Louis. 80% of the Cauldron is probably oblivious to both Hillcrest Syndicate and American Outlaws, so whatever group politics you're perceiving is probably overblown in your head.

5. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Slow down, that wasn't aimed at you or any group. I was just stating most the people that come to our watch party's aren't going to St Louis. MOST. Not all. Don't get a simple statement over blown in your head.

6. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Well it sounded like you were implying that Cauldron regulars aren't coming because it's AO sponsored which I obviously didn't agree with.

7. JUSTICE!

JUSTICE! New Member

May 18, 2008
    Everyone simmer....

Both events will be well attended.

8. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm really not mad at all, I just think making generalizations like that about a group of fans isn't helpful to anyone. Especially after what, less than 10 AO KC based watch parties that have mostly been set up kind of late (not AO's fault, just the nature of the beast w/soccer in America), and advertised through the only limited means we have available? I remember a watch party at Coach's earlier this year that Chris set up that was packed with people that will be in St. Louis Sunday, so I don't even think the generalization is all that accurate. Was that the friendly against Sweden?

Anyway the point of my original post was, I appreciate AO going to the trouble to set it up, and I'm sorry I won't be able to make it. Even if it's just a meaningless game other than salvaging some respect, it's always a good time to cheer on the US and the Wizards with AO and other KC fans.

9. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Friendly against Sweden was at the Leawood 810.

10. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one generalized anything. I know a lot of the people that are going to St Louis, and I know the people that go to the watch parties. Your making a simple statement bigger and worse than it is. I'm sorry you got so fired up about it. Although I don't remember the watch party at Coach's that was packed with HS people.

I hope there is great turnout for the SL game, and great turnout for the AO KC watch party, with all the supporters groups equally represented and happily mingling together....

11. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I don't think at this point I'm technically a member of HS or AO, so I wasn't saying HS people necessarily packed the place. I'm not even sure who is or isn't in HS and the whole point was trying to take any group identity down a notch (sorry if I read into it too much but I've heard similar opinions before). I was surprised I even remembered it was Sweden, and yes it was the Leawood 810 and not Coach's. My bad. Great crowd.

I just thought it was a false assumption that people who are hardcore enough to travel across the state to watch soccer wouldn't have come anyway, and that's what I was calling a generalization. A generalization of behavior based on the small sample so far.

You know me Dustin, I don't do drama or cliques or whatever, and I think most of the fans you know that are going to St. Louis would come to any watch party that was built up enough to pique their interest. It could either be from the game, the channel it's on, whatever. It's a pain in the ass to get off your couch, drive to a bar, pay for a beer when you have some at home, unless it's worth the effort. Usually the biggest factor is the amount of people they've already heard are going so they know it will be a great time.

I'm sorry for even trying to explain myself this much because I'm only creating the drama I hate by even discussing it. I'll buy you a beer next time I see you man.

12. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't go to AO sponsored stuff because half the time you're all to hammered to take my membership fee. Which I still have, sitting in my wallet (true story).

13. turkas

turkas New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Lawrence
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could always join through the official AO website like I did. You would still be a member of the AOKC if you went that path, you would just get the national shirt instead of the Kansas City one.

As for Wizards supporters groups, I really don't even put a difference between the groups. To me everyone is a part of the Cauldron so I just lump all the fan groups into that generalized category. Hell, besides a few people I really don't know who belongs to AOKC, HCS, or any other supporters group, I just know they sit in the Cauldron. However, it is a whole different story for national team games.

14. Jarnevic

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya, that's what I'll probably do.

Also, after rereading my post, I don't want it to seem like I'm being too harsh. I think it's funny more than anything.

15. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not all of us are American! ;) :D

16. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More's the pity. :)

17. yanksoccerfan

yanksoccerfan New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Kansas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well theres two of us there just catch Chris or I. I hope next time we see you weather its at a watch party, or wiz game we wont be to hammered to help you out.

18. Jarnevic

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya. I know Chris. One time I talked to him and I may have caught him right as he was running to the port-o-potty or something. He said he'd get me when he got back, but I guess he forgot about me (I forgot too because I started talking to other people and before I knew it, it was game time).

The other time, I don't think either of you were around (I didn't see Chris) and everyone in the AO shirts were to smashed to point me in the right direction.

No worries.

19. yanksoccerfan

yanksoccerfan New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Kansas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well look for me and ask around im Brian ill be able to help you out.

20. qusopif

qusopif New Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    is it alright if non members just show up to join in the festivities and watch the game?
    cuz thats what i was planning on doing just kinda showing up, prolly gonna wear an ireland jersey since i dont own a usa one lol and i dont wanna jinx any of my wizards jersey's they all have winning records as of now and im not really holding high hopes for the game today.

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A little late, but yes, anyone is welcome.

22. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still don't understand why watch parties for the US games are posted in the supporters sub-forum. Even if one group hosts/organizes don't you want as many KC-USA fans out there as possible? Post these in the main forum.

23. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's a good idea. Do the mods care if its not a KC Wiz watch party?

24. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Mark (Kopiteinkc) might. :)

We have plenty of NWR threads so I' fine with it.

25. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No objection here.