Watch party for US-EL Salvador on Oct 9th

Discussion in 'Salt Lake Supporters Clubs' started by rabble-rabble, Oct 1, 2004.

1. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Currently the only live showing of this game will be on PPV. (May end up showing a few days later on FSW but they probably can't announce that until after the game is over.) There was some doubt for a while about the availability, but according to other reliable sources, it is going to available on DISH and Direct TV. (Unsure about cable locally.) Wondering if anyone wants to get together and split the cost of watching it. The match is at night and should be well after the activities at RES. I normally wouldn't mind hosting but as our home has several projects going on right now, my wife would have me sleeping on the couch if I dared bring company over.

If anyone in the SLC area wants to host a viewing party (or knows of a restaurant/bar with the match), let me know. Would be more than willing to help share the cost (I believe it will be $24.95)

2. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    I have Dish, and if I am reading DaCFO's website correctly, you have to have InDemand which is only on Cable.

Dish's website does not mention anything about it.

But on the other hand, Dish's website & customer service reps have a track record of having no information about programming that they carry.......

3. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Sat Oct 09 07:30PM Mountain
    Length: 2 hr LIVE
    CR Sports Industry - closed-circuit TV (1-800-847-3448)
    World Cup Qualifying - CONCACAF/Eliminatoria CONCACAF
    El Salvador vs United States/Estados Unidos

Eurosport Event Management - Closed-Circuit TV (Canada ONLY: 1-778-229-3133)

Pay-per-view (also available at selected pubs)
    iNDemand, DirecTV, DISH Network: $24.95

4. Lucky13

Lucky13 New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    SLC
    Oct 9, 7:30 pm MDT.
    DirecTV ch. 196. $19.95 including free immediate replay after live showing.

I may be able to host but I won't know until later in the week and I'd only have room to seat 6-7 comfortably.

Send an email if you're interested.

5. dysko

dysko New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get together... unfortunately I will be out of Town. I would love to help kick the cost of ppv and food for a good match, but I won't be able to this time around.

6. Lucky13

Lucky13 New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    SLC
    I just found out that I DO have to work this Saturday night. Which means, unfortunately, that there'll be no watching at my place. Sorry guys!

I could record it if anyone is interested in covering the cost for that but, I suppose it'll probably be rebroadcast later anyway.

Next time.

See you at RE.