Watch Party - 10/15 - Usoc Final

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by quarterUltra, Oct 12, 2003.

1. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think back. Think hard. Remember the Map Room? Remember the watch party in 2000 for the USOC Semifinal when the Fire knocked out the Galaxy? I sure remember. I recall falling off my barstool in frenzied excitement!

Meet me there on Wednesday night, October 15th to watch the USOC FINAL. Kickoff is 7pm Central Time.

1949 N Hoyne (and Armitage). Hoyne is one block west of Damen, in the fabulous Bucktown neighborhood. Parking is neighborhood, so might be a bit dicey. Closest el stop is Blue Line at Damen, walk north to Armitage and head west.

21 and over only. Strictly enforced. (I also remember one of us being tossed out that same aforementioned night for being an underling.)

They still do not have a kitchen. They may allow you to order Pizza from designated places, though. I know they did in the past. Otherwise, grab a snack on the way there. Drinking on an empty stomach is bad . . . [Just lookin' out for the health of my peeps.]

I want to see more FIRE fans there than CUBS fans (if the Cubs don't clinch on Tuesday). Yeah, yeah, I know some of you are both, but the point is to get as many of us there so as to be the majority and have the BIG SCREEN.

CHEERS!

GO FIRE!
    [GO CUBS!]

Party Babe
    Kirsten
    BB1871

2. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correction to el stop

I've been informed that the closest el stop by a couple of blocks is the Western stop on the Blue Line.
    There is a White Castle and a McD there. There is a good burrito joint at the Damen stop and more food choices along the walk north.

See you Wednesday.

Enjoy your extra day off if you have it off for Columbus Day.

Kirsten

3. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Though I love the map room, wouldn't this game be guaranteed on the big screen @ Gingers?

4. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the bumps, Pyro.

To answer your question:

1. Map Room is further away from Wrigley Field than Gingers.
    2. Gingers never even bothered to put the USOC Final on their web site. Worrying more about Rugby and the Cubs.
    3. Many folks who shall remain nameless don't like Gingers.
    4. There has been no official bar this past season due to various reasons - okay mainly one - Party Babe's absence.
    5. You honestly think we can get the back room with the large TV for the USOC at Gingers? Good luck. There will be a see of Cub blue there.

Arrangements have been made with the bar. Whether or not we get the large TV to show the USOC Final at the Map Room depends on how many we can get in RED. MAJORITY RULES!
    Besides, the f'n cubs match will still be on AFTER the USOC Final. Just remind the baseball fan of that and the fact that we are also rooting for a CHICAGO team who happens to be playing in a FINAL. The Cubs have yet to make it past the semifinal round. :p

See you there!

Cheers!
    Kirsten

6. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I plan on bringing at least 5.

It is just discouraging that you and I are the only people typing on this thread.

7. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    I'll make you feel better and also type in this thread.

I won't be at the watch party though. I got to leave for the airport soon! :D

**Question for those that are Cubs and Fire fans....if only one team could win tonight, who would it be? (you'd think that it would be a no-brainer for the Fire, but you never know)

8. FearCityFire

FearCityFire Member

Aug 6, 2003
    MDSCHQ War Room
    I know at least a few MDSC peeps will be there, including me.

9. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I need a place to watch the game. I could be as few as one, or as many as three.

10. I'll be there, large and in charge. Or of medium build and sneezing. It depends on whether or not this cold goes away.

11. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just don't sneeze on me. :p

Irish Coffees are good for colds. :D

Bunge, come on out to the Map Room! [Unless you are a minor.]

I'm going to try and be there by 6pm. Arrive early to grab a stool and don't forget to eat prior to imbibing. The Map Room has no kitchen, hence the strict over 21 policy.

Kirsten

12. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    Also in the way of food is a good Cuban restaurant across the street west of The Map Room.

Can't make it tonight as I get parental duty.

13. locolos

locolos New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    New York

Don't bother even going, we'll send you couple of JPGs of Jolley and the boys lifting the cup....

14. ne plus ultra

ne plus ultra Member

Jul 9, 2000
    I'll be there as well. The best quick food in the neighborhood is Irazu Costa Rican style burritos. Good stuff. It's at Milwaukee a long block south of Armitage/Western.

15. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Minor??!? I believe I bought you a Pilsner Urquell at that last Map Room party you're talking about, unless this internet thingy has got you consfused with someone else....

16. Irish Coffees are good for lots of things. I call them Cups of Happy.

Edit: There will now be as many as 5, count 'em 5, members of the prestigious MDSC at the Map Room in order to take full advantage of this opportunity to laugh at our friends at the game when they do stupid things on TV.

17. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Indeed. Some call it a damn shame how we make the losers bring us the very cups they were trying in vain to win, but we just don't care, we just like the supplication of our vanquished foes.