Watch list Goal keepers Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Bizot has to be addressed by the AZ coach. He was very lucky not being carded and getting a penalty kick punishment.
    He has been coming out with his knees before, but this time against Vitesse it was disgusting.
    If he doesnot change that he should be out of the Orange selection. We can't risk such a guy in the goal.

2. I wonder why nobody mentions Marsman as an Orange candidate.
    There are people now wondering if it's sensible/fair to swap Marsman out when Vincent Bijlow returns from injury.
    Socalled pundits, including the geriatric moron Derksen, made fun of Marsman when he was to be played when Vincent got injured. Was even talk about if Feyenoord should be looking for a experienced goalie without contract.
    Well Marsman made those socalled experts look stupid as feck.

3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Cillessen (finally) made a season debut today, and kept a clean sheet! I noticed that Bijlow made a return from injury as well last week.

More options for Oranje NT!

4. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Very shaky group.

5. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Is Stek the #1 for Oranje?

6. It would be an insult to keepers who have been performing, while he was building ass meat.

I honestly can't see how Marsman isnot a contender for a selection spot.
    De Boer was I guess in the stands, so no excuse or he's blind as a bat.

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    How is Marsman compared to Bijlow? Who has the higher ceiling...?

Oranje needs to stack up on goalies... it’s been the area of concern for a long time (since Edwin).

8. I think Bijlow is the better one of all goalies for the Orange team, but Marsman did a very good job us not missing him.

9. Drommel, after the news he has an agreement with PSV, had a very iffy match against AZ, including an own goal.

10. Well, as I already mentioned, Scherpen was at fault in the 5-4 cup win vs FC Utrecht and now with a howler against Roma.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Onana screwed up big time against Liverpool in the group stage letting in the winning goal. Rob Green, England's #1 keeper, screwed up against the US in a World Cup Match that they ended up losing and got knocked out as a result. The great Buffon has let in several weak goals during his career. I remember Erwin Mulder doing the same when he was at Feyenoord. Keepers screw up and the results can be costly. That said, Scherpen has made two saves in the last two games that Steks would not have made.

Temper your criticism. Scherpen may not pan out, we will have to wait and see. The Roma keeper had a great night in contrast.

12. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think he'll still become a solid keeper, but we all knew how big of a loss the Onana doping moment was, and it's been proven now. I legitimately felt like with Onana we could have been favorites (along with ManU) to win it.

13. Bijlow with a very good performance against hotheaded Atletico today.
    LvG can pack his bags if he doesnot bin the Ajax goalkeeping yesterdays news like Stek and Gillesen.

14. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    how do you rate him to Drommel. Im also leaning towards Bijlow as he strikes to be better but I guess if PSV qualifies for CL then it would settle the dust as to how good he is.

15. I'm not sold on Drommels. He's at least as good as Bizot, probably better and without the brainfarts Bizot sometimes has. His red cards did cost AZ the title race/top spot of the curbed season.
    I watched now two matches at above Eredivisie level of him (last CL qualifying match and the JC Shield) and Drommel performed well, but also had some hesitant moves I noticed in his Twente time too.
    Bijlow doesnot have that. It doesnot mean Drommel is stuck with it, as it probably is an experience/building extravert behaviour thing. But you need that extravert attitude to rule the box and in my opinion Bijlow is ahead in that department.
    Cillesen in my opinion is ahead of Drommel, but not by much.
    My opinion the ranking for the Orange Squad is:
    1. Bijlow
    2. Cillesen
    3. Drommel
    Last season however performance wise the best one was Marsman, because he replaced injured Bijlow and it didnot make a difference.

16. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    This bunch is much better than the GK trio for EC (Stekelenburg, Krul and Bizot). I like Bijlow from the little that I've seen him at the JO level. Hope he will stay healthy this season. I am guessing Cillessen will retain his spot under LvG - but slowly but surely, Bijlow should replace him. I think Scherpen made a very dubious move to BHA, he is backing up a relatively young Spanish GK there. May not see much playing time. Should have stayed at Ajax and likely has a better chance to dethrone two almost-40-years-old GK' (Stek and Pasveer).

17. Five reasons for Bijlow nr. 1:
    https://voetbalflitsen.nl/nieuws/7x...ijlow-de-vaste-doelman-van-oranje-moet-worden
    Use google translate if interested
    Vijf redenen waarom Justin Bijlow de vaste doelman van Oranje moet worden Vandaag, 13:15 uur
    Justin Bijlow maakte afgelopen woensdag zijn debuut voor Oranje in de WK-kwalifiatiewedstrijd tegen Noorwegen. De wedstrijd eindigde in 1-1 en na afloop ging het veel over de doelman, die een goede indruk maakte. Met Joël Drommel, Tim Krul en Jasper Cillessen heeft de Feyenoorder genoeg concurrentie, wij geven je vijf redenen waarom Justin Bijlow de vaste nummer 1 van Oranje moet worden.
    Presteert al jaren goed Sinds 2018 is Justin Bijlow de onbetwiste nummer 1 van Feyenoord. Sindsdien is hij alleen maar verder gegroeid. In 58 officiële wedstrijden pakte de doelman 22 keer een clean sheat. Waar Feyenoord onder Dick Advocaat steeds verder naar beneden zakte, bleef Justin Bijlow bewijzen dat hij de juiste doelman is voor Feyenoord, en voor Oranje.
    2. Blijow blijft heel kalm Zoals we zagen tegen Noorwegen, blijft Bijlow heel kalm in een een-op-een situatie. Erling Haaland leek op weg te gaan naar de openingstreffer, maar Bijlow maakte zijn doel klein en wist de inzet van de Noor te stoppen. Ook bij Feyenoord laat de doelman vaak zien dat hij rustig blijft in dit soort situaties.
    3. Internationale interesse Bijlow is met zijn 23 jaar de jongste doelman in de Oranje-selectie. Zijn transferwaarde stijgt en met een vaste basisplaats in het Nederlands elftal zal dat bij goede prestaties alleen maar meer stijgen. Als Justin Bijlow zich ook in Oranje kan bewijzen, lonkt er een mooie buitenlandse transfer. Kunnen we met Bijlow weer een Nederlandse keeper hebben bij een Europese topclub?
    4. Is voorbij zijn concurrentie Joël Drommel heeft zich nog niet op topniveau bewezen en ten opzichte van Tim Krul heeft Bijlow zijn leeftijd mee. Hierdoor kruipt Justin Bijlow steeds hoger op het lijstje van Van Gaal.
    5. Penaltystopper In de buurt van Tim Krul komt Justin Bijlow niet op het gebied van penalty's stoppen, maar wel heeft hij bewezen dat hij die specialiteit bezit. In de Johan Cruijff Schaal van 2018 tegen PSV stopte de doelman twee penalty's waarmee hij Feyenoord de schaal bezorgde.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    LOL about being Dutch #1 keeper and transfer value. Stekelenburg was the keeper in 2010 WC runner up and Cillessen was the #1 four years later on the 3rd place team. Neither one of them excelled when they left the Eredivisie. Maybe Bijlow can, but just because he is the top keeper here doesn't mean he will.

19. nurvin

nurvin Member

Feb 11, 2011
    I prefer Drommel over Bijlow.
    Drommel can save penalities better than Bijlow and he is more confident.

20. They did show on Dutch tv the opposite of that with a number of iffy interventions by Drommel in both the CL and the competition.
    Dunno where you draw that confidence conclusion from. That "highlights" compilation from Drommel just pointed in the other direction.

21. Well, a surprising name popped up in the preliminary selection.
    This article is about him (in Dutch).
    https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...en-kan-dus-ook-op-een-andere-manier~a1468f0a/
    De omweg van Mark Flekken: ‘Oranje halen kan dus ook op een andere manier’

Hij is de toch wel de meest verrassende naam uit de voorselectie van Oranje en tegelijkertijd ook de meest onbekende. Mark Flekken speelt bij SC Freiburg in de Bundesliga en wordt al even in de smiezen gehouden door bondscoach Louis van Gaal. Maar wie is die in Nederland onbekende doelman nou eigenlijk?

Nik Kok 17-09-21, 18:05

22. This sunday the battle of the Orange goalies Bijlow and Drommel in the PSV-Feyenoord match.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Flekken with a clean sheet as Freiburg draw away to Mainz.