Watch list Dutch coaches

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, May 13, 2021.

1. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Didn't know JFH was on the staff. I hope he gets a good club choice after this job.

2. 23879

April fools day:ROFLMAO:

3. 23904

Patrick Kluivert wants to become Ajax's coach: 'I wonder why I haven't been approached yet' With video & pollPatrick Kluivert has submitted an open application for a position at Ajax. The former striker of the Amsterdam team is without an employer and is interested in a role within his great love. For example, as the successor of John van 't Schip. "I think I'm cut out for that."

Dear Patrick,
    Although I like what I saw from you with the short acts as coach, you really should be more realistic and a bit more self critical.
    Coaching a top club in the Netherlands require you having gone through a path of increasing difficulty and shown good impact as a coach.
    You simply havenot got that in your bag (yet).
    First of all find a minor Eredivisieclub to coach and gain experience.

4. So, according to Tuttosport van Bommel is in the running for the AC Milan job.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He will fail there just as he has with every other head job. He's just not a good manager.

6. Uhm, your dislike of Mark clouds the truth as he delivered Royal Antwerp their first title in 66 years.
    If we hail Slot for Feyenoord's 2nd title in 7 years, one after a drought of 66 years in my book counts as a success.

7. 24565

upload_2024-4-29_14-58-13.png
    Robin van Persie rejects Feyenoord offer and signs a multiple year contract at Heerenveen.

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Let Feyenoord hire van Bommel and see what the results are.

9. It's about the fit between a coach and the phylosophy of a club.
    Feyenoord for decades have been changing styles with every coach coming in. I not for nothing have been complaining about the Feyenoord management for decades. The decision to go for one phylosophy in style and hire the coach fit for that job, plus adjusting the youth set up to fall in line with that, means the select team will look at candidates whether they can maintain that continuity.
    Whether Mark fits that profile I don't know.
    He has given a club a title after being barren for 66 years, so he obviously is capable to change things for the better.
    But every club is different, hence it's necesary the select committee for Slot's successor scrutinize candidates for their ability to continue Feyenoord on the path they have chosen a couple of years ago.

10. Zlatan Ibrahimovic has adviced the AC Milan board to hire van Bommel.
    "Zlatan Ibrahimovic is looking forward to that because the former top striker would like to see Van Bommel become coach of AC Milan. The Swede has informed the club owners of AC Milan in an advisory meeting."

richsavare repped this.
  11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    With your 100s of posts on Slot, he better not fail at Liverpool and pull a Ten Hag. I suggest you wait until next season before getting excited.

12. Well, it's more about the analyses given by people looking at him with a fresh perspective, without prior luggage.
    These videos/articles give an indepth look at how he operates as a coach from several pov, which is interesting as it gives tools to look at when we for instance want the Orange Squad to play a certain style.
    It's odd that when ten Hag was in the running for ManUnited there werenot videos analysing his coaching.
    Might be the case that Man United wasnot doing great with several managers of sub par result qualities, while Slot succeeds a star coach.
    So when ten Hag came to ManUnited there wasnot much of a reason to compare him with the last coach.
    A pity though, as it would have been interesting to have likewise analyses of ten Hag too.

13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Bosz, Ten Haag, Slot... that is the succession planning for Oranje head coach in next decade! :cool::cool:

Bosz is the older of the bunch (60 years old) - he's been around a while, and I think he's learned a lot from his ups and downs. His PSV contract will expire in 2026, same time frame as end of Koeman's Oranje contract, assuming Koeman won't get fired early from crashing too early this Summer in Euro, knock on woods!! ;) Bosz' attacking style (103 goals and counting for PSV in the Eredivisie!) is mouth-watering, but he needs to do better in European leagues.

Ten Hag is in his prime age (mid 50's), and obviously he's getting plenty of lessons at M.U, which is awesome for him. I think he needs some maturing to do in next few years. Capture a trophy or two would be great!

Slot... still quite young, mid 40's. I think he will do well at Liverpool, though it may appear at first that the jump is awfully high for him. There will be some bumpy roads for sure. But all in all, he could be the next best thing, coaching-wise, for the Dutch rank.

richsavare repped this.
  14. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I like everything I see from Slot.
    His football, tactics, and man management skills are without a doubt the reason for the turnaround at Feyenoord.
    Any criticism would be their failure to advance in Europe, but the reality is that it was the lack of quality that let Slot down.
    His departure will be a BIG loss and whoever that new man becomes will have HUGE shoes to fill.
    As for Slot replacing Klopp those shoes are obviously huge as well, but there are similarities between the two, and I believe the decision makers at Liverpool see that fact too, hence the decision to hire Slot.
    From what I’ve read there are several haters lumping Slot in with Ten Hag and De Boer who are considered terrible Managers, and other stupid narratives that Dutch Managers don’t succeed in England to me is way over the top, but not surprising considering the ignorant commentary that often comes from the UK media.
    Slot needs to get his recruiting correct which goes without saying.
    Big questions there will be if Virgil he stays, (I certainly hope he does) & Salah who I hope leaves ( I never liked him and think he’s incredibly selfish)
    With regards to the current Dutch players at Liverpool I would expect Slot to get a lot more out of both Gakpo and Gravenberch.
    For both of them it’s a case of now or never to fulfill their enormous potential as Slot ‘s ability to cultivate talent is excellent.

15. Yeah, he has the attacking mindset of both ten Hag and Bosz, but is flexible enough to fall back to a more defensive position when it's needed during a match.

16. Add to that rumors are Summerville is on the Liverpool list and Sepp van den Berg might be called back to Anfield and we have a core of Dutch players hopefully playing together Slot ball.
    If Feyenoord manages to replace Slot with someone to continue the Slot style and with several former Slot players breaking through at top level Euro clubs (Koopmeijners, Reijnders) and PSV with a similar press style, we only need a bondscoach not ignorant in selecting these players to play Slot ball in Orange shirts.

17. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    There are videos out there of the f
    Yes I’m following all of the rumors and Summerville is mentioned a lot.
    The one concern is how bloody small he is, but man is he dangerous the way he attacks and gets at defenders.
    I watch a lot of Leeds matches and a shame they couldn’t get direct promotion to the EPL as they fell off a bit at the wrong time of the season, but I would expect the young Dutch player to move somewhere whether or not Leeds gets into the EPL via the Playoffs or not.
    You mentioned Koopmeiners who I like a lot, and he’s been linked with the Liverpool too, but the ridiculous anti Slot & Dutch rhetoric coming from some idiots in the British media is going to be pushed hard.
    Personally I don’t think it would be wise of Slot to bring in current Feyenoord players in my opinion based on lack of quality, and or experience at this time, but he will do what he believes so we shall see who comes. Timber I could see perhaps?
    His flexible 4-2-3-1 formation and tactics I like a lot and expect him to succeed.
    As I said before they have to get recruitment correct and add some pieces because the current Liverpool squad does need improvement and upgrades.

18. Brilliant Oranje

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Mar 4, 2023
    Amsterdam and Marbella
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    United lose 4-0.

That's gonna be the end for Ten Hag

19. 25350

Pepijn Lijnders swaps Liverpool for Red Bull Salzburg
    He has been appointed as RB Salzburg's head coach.