Watch list Dutch coaches

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, May 13, 2021.

1. Let's keep track of the Dutch coaches in here.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    All of them or just the good ones?:D

Deadtigers and feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  3. Not afraid it will be a short thread then?:p

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It might be long if you include Michels and some of the other names from soccer heaven.

Deadtigers repped this.
  5. Well, to be honest we got some very promising coaches in the pipeline, with a few with quite alot of experience.
    One who I got my eyes on is Wim Jonk.
    He comes from a club I hate to pieces, Volendam, but he's been doing a very good job this season.
    Van Wonderen is another I am interested in to see how he develops.

6. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I’d like to see Alfred Schreuder gets a chance as a club head coach. He has been an assistant of some of the high-profile managers... Huub Stevens, Nagelsmann, Ten Haag, and now Koeman. His last head coaching job at Hoffenheim, while short, was not entirely a disaster (bagged eye-catching wins against Bayern, Dortmund). Time for him to step up!!

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Erwin v. d Looi signed a contract extension to remain as JO head coach through 2023. Timing is kind of odd with a big knockout game v France is looming at the end of the month. That said, JO has been playing some good attacking football as of late...

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He has a very strong team at his disposal.

9. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Lyon is after the unemployed Peter Bosz.... ugh, too bad the timing doesn't exactly line up for KNVB. Bosz would be a much better choice than the clueless FdB.

Mark Van Bommel is going to Wolfsburg on a short contract (2 years). Would be a good testing ground for MvB. Wolfsburg is in UCL. This appointment might help convincing Weghorst to stay put (recently rumored to go to EPL). Maybe he will be joined by other Eredivisie graduates.... start with Ihattaren?!? Apparently Berghuis, too :rolleyes:

10. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    :eek:

he will end up like FDB and shown the exist in no timeo_O.

11. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Bosz confirmed as Lyon head coach.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He probably wishes he never left Ajax!

13. His bankaccount disagrees with you.

14. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Van Bommel to Wolfburg confirmed

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  16. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    That's a pity. Otherwise Oranje could take him back after the euros and before the 2022 WC is wasted.

17. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    KNVB a few weeks ago extended De Boer's contract through the WC 2022. I think that's a foolish decision... they should have waited until the conclusion of Euro 2020/21. Now De Boer has the upper hand, and even if Oranje crash and burn this Summer, he can still sleep well at night.

Unless something dramatically changes, I can't really see De Boer past WC 2022. So yeah, Koeman's 1-year contract at Barca, on surface, could be a good thing for Oranje.

Maybe things will line up nicely in 2022. Or maybe not. The WC will played in Nov-Dec. If Koeman is discharged in the Summer of 2022, he may be snatched immediately by some other team, by the time FdB is sacked. We'll see... a lot of things need to play out between now and then.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They also extended van der Looi's contact for the U-21s. This FA has no clue how to run a national team program. It is terribly disappointing.

19. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Did they? The contract was until 2022 when it was signed september last year?

20. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    The clue is called 'jobs for the boys'. The old boys network.

21. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Iirc, the original contract was good to mid 2022, then it was extended through the WC (‘til end of the year). It’s a strange contract to begin with… it’s not like like they could part ways in preparation for a major tourney. It’s almost feel like somebody forgot that the WC is shifted to Nov/Dec 2022. :thumbsdown:

22. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Koeman will have Sergio Aguero, Eric Garcia as reinforcements, and Wijnaldum and Depay set to join (3 players not so young and one young player). I think winning the Copa Del Rey saved his job while Real was empty hand. It is decent that Barca let him continue with his contract (2 years contract).

With FDB stays until after the WC, unless we can see more positive decision making/player selections/tactics in this Euro, the WC will be a forgettable one. Set Euro 2024 for NT to be a contender then?

23. https://www.ad.nl/buitenlands-voetb...er-zijn-hier-gelijkenissen-met-ajax~aefc4848/
    [​IMG]
    Bosz kan ook in Lyon putten uit ijzersterke jeugdopleiding: ‘Er zijn hier gelijkenissen met Ajax’

Peter Bosz wordt pas de vierde Nederlandse trainer in de Franse hoogste divisie na Beb Bakhuys, Hennie Hollink en Adick Koot (speler-coach bij Cannes). Bij zijn presentatie viel vandaag ook een vergelijking met Ajax, waar Bosz jeugdspelers inpaste en in 2017 de Europa League-finale haalde ten koste van Lyon.

Maarten Wijffels 30-05-21, 18:56 Laatste update: 30-05-21, 22:29

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Let's hope he lasts longer at Lyon than any of his past positions.

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    As I am out of town and replying on phone/tablet I can't easily move comments on "new" coaches from the Euro thread to this one. I'll try to fix this when I return this week. In the meantime post stuff here about coaches