Watch list Defenders Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. We can add another candidate for the watchlist:
    Jasper van der Werff who's FC Basel's 21 yo central defender with a Swiss and Dutch passport (he was born in Switzerland as a child of two Dutch people).

2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hateboer just made a great play against PSG. He hast to start for Oranje at RB in my opinion

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I guess you missed the horrible back pass that sent Neymar in on goal at the beginning of the match.

4. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Transition could take time and one game is just not enough to find the rythm going especially when you havnt played in a fullback system. At Atalanta, the wings backs have the luxury to attack as high as they want and defensively know they are covered at the back. In fullback role this changes and it all comes down to how well you balance both aspect of the game. This is probably where hateboer will need to show koeman that he is not just one dimensional player. His defensive capabilities is still under wraps and will only come under spot ligt when he plays more in 4 man backline. The same goes for Gosens.

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm pretty sure Gosens will opt for Germany

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, lets judge the guy on one bad backpass. Thats smart :rolleyes:

In all the Atalanta games I've watched over the last couple of months he's played well. I dont see any Dutch RB who's better than him right now

7. Certainly not Dest.

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Didnt he choose the USMNT??

9. That's why.;)

10. With Ron Vlaar at AZ nearing the end of his career Maxim Gullit is knocking on the door.
    He has been playing for the U19 Orange team, but has both the Surinam and Dutch nationality.
    Wonder what impact the deep pond of Dutch CD's has on his chances and how he himself perceives that.

11. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    (Recently called up to) Jong Oranje Sven Botman has an excellent debut and MoTM performance in the opening France Ligue 1.

79 passes
    87% pass accuracy
    2 tackles won
    3 interceptions
    3 clearances
    7 aerial duels won
    12/14 duels won

12. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Rick Karsdorp joining Atalanta on loan with an obligation to buy.

Interesting move. So looks like he's challenging (backing up) a RWB spot currently held by Hateboer. Or I know that Atalanta is playing with 3-5-2... maybe Karsdorp would hope to slide into the right side of the three central defenders.

13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Robin Gosens getting cap-tied today

14. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sweet, glad we can close that chapter. Don't need anyone blocking our boy Wijndal! Guess who's getting capped tomorrow?

wilson00 repped this.
  15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    You're trolling.

DutchFanatic repped this.
  17. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow, what a world-class assist!

So how'd your first game in the B division go? I don't have time to watch the lesser leagues so I appreciate your updates.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You dont need to be envious

19. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Of being in division B? That's an odd thing to be envious of. Who knows, maybe next year you guys can move up and play with the big boys :)

20. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We've been shit lately. We haven't won a major final for over 6 years...

21. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Thankfully, Wijndal is a more exciting prospect than Gosens. Hope he gets to debut vs Italy.

22. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I actually agree. It would have been cool if Gosens chose us but with Ake and Wijndal I don't really mind. It's not like we're missing on Alphonso Davies here. Gosens is a solid good player - nothing more and nothing less. Wijndal could become great and Ake also has great potential. Its kind of hilarious this guy keeps coming in here to troll while literally no one cares lol. I mean if Moroccan fans came in to troll us on Ziyech, yeah that would kind of suck. Even then I'm pretty happy with the options we have everywhere and the upcoming players.

Jpows repped this.
  23. Uhm, did you recently check the stats of Gosens in both the Serie A And the CL?
    I'm very hopeful about Wijndal, but to be this firm with the statement is a bit "running ahead of the crowd".
    If Wijndal manages this season to match Gosens stats of last season he really has arrived.

24. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    #224 Jpows, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    I have checked out his stats, have you? Otherwise you wouldn’t make it seem criminal to dare to think that one player is a more exciting prospect than the other. You do know what prospect means, right?

In the CL Gosens played 8 matches scored 1 goal and gave a grand total of 0 assists. Created 1 big chance and was 68% accurate with passes in the opponent’s half. 36% succesful dribbles per game, 1.4 interceptions per game and 2.9 tackles. Epic stats, how dare someone compare the mighty Gosens with a peasant like Wijndal?

Wijndal is faster, a better passer and has a better (more powerful) shot. He’s great going forward while being no slouch at all in his defensive duties. Plus Wijndal is 20 so he had lots of room to grow while Gosens is slowly reaching the peak of his career at 26.

So yes, to reiterate, Wijndal is a more exciting prospect imo. Doesn’t mean he’s better right now, but definitely has the potential to have a higher ceiling imo.

25. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    No hard feelings for Gosens. Seems like a nice player in his own right, and I am happy for his selection and aspiration with the Germany NT.

That said, it's clear to me that Wijndal fits better from a timeline perspective (age-wise) the rest of the "generational" talents of Oranje.... the likes of Frenkie, De Ligt, Ihattaren, Stengs. The sooner Wijndal gets integrated to the team, the brighter the future would be. Here's for Wijndal getting minutes v. Italy! :thumbsup:

Jpows repped this.