Watch list Defenders Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    If it was Neymar this would be done for sure.

Can also backfire for Liverpool in the CL.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @BaritoPutra - Bottom line is Liverpool pay a lot of money to van Dijk to keep attackers out of the danger area. Remember also that Two key CBs have been injured and missed lots of games. Matip has just returned to the team.

3. Ypu. When the title is clenched medio march swap Virgil with one of our other Dutch youngster defenders to learn the trade and only play Virgil in the CL. Do it with Gino too.

4. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    They have played more minutes than any other defender or midfielder of Liverpool... If they aren't rested it is time to suspect a German-English plot meant to derail our chances ;)

5. Yeah. I think it's time to invade both countries.

6. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord

"De Ligt starts, in the first match that really matters. All the speculations for nothing"

7. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Seems that he is playing well so far but Lyon scores the moment he receives treatment off the field...

8. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ake with a fine match today. Ended up 2-2 and the defender had some key interventions in the final 20 minutes.

wilson00 repped this.
  11. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord

Not good today...

12. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Van Dijk has been so poor today. Just looks tired. Getting beat on passes he never gets beat on

13. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord

Indeed the worst game I have ever seen from him.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes, van Dijk was poor as was the entire Liverpool 11.

15. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Might be that he was bothered by the Deolofeu injury.

Before that he was strong where cleaned up some errors of others, like TAA. Blocked some shots.

16. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  17. He had quite a few (potential) Orange players to watch. Plus the Ajax - AZ match was hours later, so he was able to see both.
    The defender that for some weeks now pleasantly surprises me, is Malacia (I've been critical about him as he had to learn the job in Feyenoord's first team instead of the Young team as these donot play in the second tier like Young Ajax and Young PSV, so lots of mistakes from him). However he's now learning from his mistakes and his ratings lately have been very good.

18. Koeman has seen the left back positions for the fure are covered with Wijndal and Malacia.

19. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Both are similar type of players.offensive minded. Bakker kind of is balanced and could be a future prospect as well.

20. Could indeed be, but he has to play significant time to be judged properly.

21. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    He was a lot better today. The best of his team for sure.

People saying Giroud had the better of him, but that is not true. VvD won the majority of duels.

22. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Watched AZ today. Koopmeiners is deadly on set piece, but I thought the standout player was Owen Wijndal. Scored his first ever Eredivisie goal with a thunderous shot after a very clever run. Played wonderfully throughout the match... showed plenty of attacking power while defending with authority. Pretty much what you want to see from a modern left back. I really think he's the future Oranje LB!! I've been high on him for a while.

23. I've been since I, when I still lived in Zaandam, saw him play in the AZ youth.

24. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Have to say Ake had a solid game vs liverpool even though they lost. Was really in the thick of things defensively and offensively especially in the arieal department. Couldnt have done much on either if the pool goals otherwise a commanding performance from him. Should have scored in the dying stages of game but squared it to wilson who made howler of it which sure shot should have been the equalizer.