Watch list Defenders Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Left back Mitchel Dijks is doing well in Italy at Bologna. He seems to have attracted the interest of the Serie A top clubs.

DutchFanatic and gabrielguilarte repped this.
  2. The other Mitchel....Bakker, made his debut as left back with PSG.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    De Ligt with a header goal today!! Looks like he’s settling in just fine... after a few months, and brief stint on the bench :p

Orange14 repped this.
  4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  5. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Dumfries in a goal-scoring streak... 3 goals in 4 matches after the winter break. He scored an excellent goal today, could have had another but the opposing GK denied him. Arguably the best player on the pitch. Interestingly he's now the top scorer of PSV among active players (excluding Malen, who is on long-term injury list). 6 goals and 2 assists to his name in Eredivisie.

I liked his link-up player with Ihattaren on the right hand side of the field. This is probably the most underrated aspect of his game. He is positionally sound, always aware of where his teammates are, and can play simple passing game.

6. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    De Vrij is only good in 3-5-2. in a normal 4 man back line he is vulnerable. I would like to see a Ake (left) and Virgil (right) combo if De Ligt loses his spot in NT.

7. Hatenboer with 2 goals in the CL:eek:.
    I thought I read someone telling he's not Orange material.

8. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Depends on whether we will play with three central defenders.

wilson00 repped this.
  9. Right backs Dumfries and Hatenboer are excelling at the moment.

10. Robin Gosens did a very good job too. Damn Ronald K, cap him now!!!

11. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  12. :ROFLMAO:
    Come on, we fill the ranks with others.:)

13. Gosens wacht nog op belletje van KNVB: 'Voel me Nederlands
    www.vi.nl › nieuws › gosens-wacht-nog-op-belletje-van-knvb-voel-m...

4 dagen geleden - Robin Gosens heeft naar eigen zeggen nog geen keuze gemaakt over ... stelt de ploeggenoot van Hans Hateboer en Marten de Roon, die in ..

DFB: Robin Gosens von Atalanta Bergamo könnte auch für ...
    www.eurosport.de › fussball › serie-a › story

Vertaal deze pagina
    2 dagen geleden - Robin Gosens sorgt mit Außenseiter Bergamo in der Champions League für Furore, Bundestrainer Joachim Löw hat ihn längst im Blick. ... Sollte der 25-Jährige die Qual der Wahl haben, würde er sich mit dem Herzen ...

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rekik (remember him?) is totally stinking out the joint for Berlin these days.

And it looks like deLigt has permanently lost his starting job against Rugani/Demiral. He'll be loaned out in the summer

15. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Why not Ake and van dijk combo.

16. Why Ake, who's not on top of the defenders list in the epl in stead of de Vrij, who made it into the Italian Serie A best eleven team for the season and by the soccer journalists in Italy is considered the best Serie A defender?

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    vDijk/deVrij in central midfield.

Aké, or anyone else, should be on the bench IMO

18. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You guys really think De Vrij will survive in epl. Look at what happened to wesley hoedt.

What Ake comes up against week in and week out is probably what de vrij comes up with ones in a blue moon in serie A. And plus de vrij plays in a 3 man back line at inter. His vulnerable in a normal 2 man CB. Vunerable in the sense that his flaws start to pop up.

De vrij and van dijk combo will become too static. He is not even up to the pace of van Dijk.

I can, however see them together in a 3 backline if koeman does change formation.

19. You keep banging on that Ake drum for I donot remember how long. It's nothing but your personal preference for epl players. However try to convince us with facts that show Ake with Bournemouth is keeping those superior epl attackers at bay.
    Simply facing them/being on the same pitch with them isnot enough. Show us with numbers that tell us Ake has an impact on the numbers of goals conceded. De Vrij is hailed in the country that has cherished defending. I can't recall any paper in the UK that is in awe about Ake, which tells me he's nothing special, just a run of the mill also defender in the epl.
    Just to show the difference
    https://www.footballcritic.com/nathan-ake/profile/4457

How good is Nathan Aké?
    Based on our FC Ranking and match performance analysis he currently has a ranking of 83 out of 99 which is 'Valuable-level' compared to other football players around the world. Other players who are currently at the same performance level and same position as Nathan Aké are Kostas Manolas (Napoli) , Pau Torres (Villarreal) and Andreas Christensen (Chelsea) .
    https://www.footballcritic.com/stefan-de-vrij/profile/11475
    How good is Stefan de Vrij?
    Based on our FC Ranking and match performance analysis he currently has a ranking of 89 out of 99 which is 'Elite-level' compared to other football players around the world. Other players who are currently at the same performance level and same position as Stefan de Vrij are Presnel Kimpembe (PSG) , Clément Lenglet (Barcelona) and Nico Elvedi (M'gladbach) .

20. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    On the De Ligt discussion, some of the commentaries on the VI website said it well.

"It is only natural that Chiellini may play against the weaker opponents after his injury. Of course, Sarri would soon prefer three than two top center defenders.

Bonucci was suspended last Saturday. The reason that Rugani started in the base next to Chiellini was because De Ligt is on four yellow cards and the trainer wanted to save him as long as possible for the upcoming top match against Inter.

The general expectation in the Italian football world is that De Ligt will be back in the starting line-up this week in the Champions League against Olympique Lyon.

But it is also well-known that almost every Italian trainer-coach prefers two experienced central defenders. In that respect, it is not surprising that De Ligt will end up on the bench more often than so far later in the season. But what are we talking about? About a 20-year-old youth who will probably be one of the best and most complete center defenders in the world in the not too distant future."

"Great all that negativity here. Even Rugani has passed De Ligt in the pecking order ... From the summer when De Ligt made the switch, the official reading of camp Juve and camp De Ligt was that the first season would be a habituation season in which he could slowly get used to the Italian football and lifestyle. And a season in which he can learn from Bonucci and Chiellini. Well, that's exactly what happens. Mathijs is 20 and has played 19 games for Juventus in six months. And he was injured for a while. Moreover, these are 16 more than Rugani! But no, Rugani has passed him and it is all crap. Please, folks, a little sense of reality is often hard to find here."

"I personally do not understand much about negativism with regard to de Ligt. The best boy is only 20 years old, plays at one of the biggest clubs, has played nearly 20 games at the highest level this season and has great defenders around him who can teach him the art of defending like no other. In short, I look forward to the future of de Ligt with a lot of positivism because at this age already being so far and defending the best school around you is, in my opinion, the best thing that can happen to him now because it will shape him throughout his career . De Ligt is still a winner and has his entire career ahead of him."

https://www.vi.nl/video/problemen-voor-de-ligt-chiellini-wordt-klaargestoomd-voor-de-topduels

He has played his games where he was man of the match material (the best player of Juventus). Against Leverkusen for example, but also Atletico and some league matches. He has shown it but can be more consistent and it also doesn't help that he played on the left side for many matches.

Orange14 repped this.
  21. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord

Check the infographic!

22. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Virgil is Boss. As simple as that.

BTW - I am bothered the fact that Virgil hasn't rotated out (given rest) by Klopp, despite the massive 27(!!) points Liverpool lead on top of the table. Virgil has played every single minutes available in league. Fatigue and injuries are big deal as we approach the later part of this season, we need the captain marvelous fresh for the Euro. Please.

PuckVanHeel repped this.