Watch list Defenders Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not everyone.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  2. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Frimpong logged in an assist yesterday.
    Bakker scored one, assisted one.
    Leverkusen hammered Union Berlin (was second in the table) 5-0. Out of regulation territory.

Botman remains unbeaten in any match that he’s been involved this season, Newcastle climbed to third in the table.

Virgil captained Liverpool, defeated Spurs away.

Oranje Agony repped this.
  3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Aké is one of the few success stories of players who left NL at an early age

4. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Probably the only one as far as I can recall… anybody else comes to mind? Maybe Krul if you can call him a success.

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Struijk?? He left NL at age 18 to play for Leeds.
    I would argue he's been reasonably successfull so far

BaritoPutra repped this.
  6. It took much longer to get to that point than with players who first made their mark in the Eredivisie.

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Ouch... Mourinho unleashed verbal criticism to Karsdorp after his failure to defense in the late equalizer. Drama!! More interestingly, the articles also says that Mourinho has not been happy with Karsdorp's attitude for a long time. And Karsdorp has been asked to look for a new club in January. Sounds like there is an established pattern of discontent here that finally burst to scene.

Hmm... maybe there's a reason LVG has been ignoring Karsdorp :rolleyes:

https://football-italia.net/roma-news-whats-behind-mourinhos-outburst-against-karsdorp/

Oranje Agony repped this.
  8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thats actually not true.

If we can define success by making it to one of the big EPL clubs, Aké was signed by ManShitty in 2020 when he was 25. Van Dijk didnt go to Liverpoop until 2017 when he was 26.

So Aké beat him by one year

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Aké
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgil_van_Dijk

9. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Timber was shockingly poor the other day against Vitesse and I starting to see some bad signs from him creeping into his game namely getting manhandled and his lack of size which is a problem.
    In any case I think De Ligt if healthy needs to join Virgil and Ake in the starting roles for the Back 3.
    Timber like most of his Ajax teammates is not on top form.

10. Oranje Agony

Oranje Agony Member

Nov 22, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    Nathan Ake not in the Manchester City squad for today's game vs Brentford. Not to worry, though - he was given leave as his wife is due to give birth!

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  11. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Botman should be called up at the next international match. His good performance is consistent so far. If Malacia is not in form, why not Ake as left back and Botman as left centre back? It is a mistake to ask Botman to represent U21.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Malacia gets a rare start today

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    vDijk subbed at HT today with an injury

14. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Ian Maatsen with two goals today for Burnley. He increased his tally to 4 goals and 4 assists this season. He still has a contract with Chelsea until 2024. At still only 20 years old, definitely another offensive left back to keep an eye on.

15. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #915 wilson00, Jan 3, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
    I've being closing monitoring him and I can tell you he will be a starter for NT in 2026. The reason why I say this is because of natural ability and the full package he brings with his qualities. Offensive, defensive, set pieces, ability to dribble holding ball and go around players. He is definitely a top left back in the making.

Imagine him and frimpong on both flanks

gabrielguilarte and Oranje Agony repped this.
  16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Mattson is not as good as Malacia.

17. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    whats your justification???

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I've seen them both play and it's obvious. Malacia is faster and crosses better.

19. toonarmy44

toonarmy44 Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Tyne and Wear
    #919 toonarmy44, Jan 3, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
    Another clean sheet for Botman as Newcastle draw with Arsenal.

Over nine hours since we last conceded a goal now.

This man is a rolls royce

20. Mmm, we're a bit overloaded in the back line with qualified players. If he was the same, but as a striker/attacker, things would be quite different.

21. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    We should drop VvD at this point.

Jpows repped this.
  22. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    both are quick/fast. malacia's crosses are not good. he hardly crosses (Man United)and thats whats one of his downfall compared to shaw even . Maatsen is a better dribbler but then he has still a long way to go and continue with his development. he is only going to get better. Malacia right now is inconsistent.

23. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    The Left central-defense, in particular. Assuming Koeman goes back to a four-line pack, Ake is the leading candidate for LCD, with De Ligt is a viable option as well (he prefers to be in the left hand side). Then I guess Botman is next. That’s pretty stacked!

I could also see a scenario Ake plays Left Back, given that Malacia has a lot of convincing to do. That will increase the prospect of Botman getting immediate minutes in Oranje. Struijk can make things interesting… looks like he had a nice back-to-back games after the league resumed (scored once v. Man City).

24. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Do we have to have left foot center back and right foot center back? Is this a must or nice to have? If this is a must, we will not see Botman any time soon and to me that is a mistake. Good players should be able to adapt. At the moment Botman is better than De Ligt as well. I also see De Ligt did not play well on the right. Why not trying VVD Botman or Botman Ake sometimes in a friendly or NL game (perhaps not vs France)? I don't mind Frimpong, VVD, Botman, Ake as the starting 4 either.