Watch list Defenders Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't think it will happen at Ajax. Schuurs has not shown that he can play a full match without making at least one big mistake. As long as Alvarez stays at Ajax, he will be the DM. Timber might switch to RB when Mazraoui leaves but it depends on how comes in to manage when ETH leaves.

2. Joining in with the wish.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Botman with terrible defending and Chelsea score.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #704 Orange14, Mar 16, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
    Awful defending by de Ligt on the second Villareal goal. Just standing around looking.

EDIT: then a hand ball for a PK several minutes later.

5. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Call karsdorp up asap.

6. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    You can forget about it. LVG already made up his minds or else Karsdorp would have been called up.

7. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Dont know whats wrong with the two morons. Watched Roma vs Lazio and again a top notch assist and over all game as well. Also had the assist vs vitesse on the Abraham's late equalizer which saw them qualifer for the quarters.

As usually van gaal seems to be relying on Dumfries and like he did with strootman. If there is an injury, that balance on right will collapse.

Also the overlooking is not something new, he did the exact same thing with alex Buttner in 2014 when he was coming up at Man united. The least he could have done was to call them up and let the competition take its course
    Its simply his ego, if he doesnt like someone, he writes them off. I really hope karma comes in haunts him for this prejudice.

richsavare and Jpows repped this.
  8. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.fcupdate.nl/ampartikel/?id=400638

Karsdorp provides nice statistics: does he deserve a chance in Orange?
    Apr 18, 2022

Although Rick Karsdorp is a defining player at AS Roma, he is invariably ignored by national coach Louis van Gaal. These statistics show that it would not be surprising if the 27-year-old right wing defender gets a chance in Orange.

Of all right backs in Serie A, Karsdorp created the most chances this season (40). The former Feyenoord player is also the leader when it comes to the most created big opportunities (9). Even when it comes to key passes, there is no right back in the Italian league who does better than Karsdorp (38).

Karsdorp has only played three international matches so far, the last of which dates from March 25, 2017. Van Gaal has never included him in the (pre)selection. Karsdorp recently told ESPN that he has put Orange out of his mind. “I played 40, 45 games last year and will probably tap that again this season, but I’ve never heard anything from the KNVB.”

It doesn’t mean he isn’t available anymore. “That is certainly something else, but I have accepted it very easily. I don’t even look at the list anymore. I will automatically receive an app from friends or family. But it is absolutely not the case that I am waiting for an email said the right-back.

richsavare repped this.
  9. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Poor Karsdorp… what did he do to deserve a total snub from LvG? :p:D Total speculation on my part, I am guessing it must be something personal. I don’t think it has to do with his playing style. In fact, if anything, a high-flying RB/RWB should be on LvG’s radar given the 352 formation. Also remember that LvG selected another charging wing back in Frimpong before he was injured. The last thing you want to see is an offensively-limited and/or slow RB (see: Tete or Veltman) that would ruin the new formation. I like Dumfries a lot, but he could be a ticking bomb sometimes with his hot head and overly-aggressive challenges. It hasn’t happened in Oranje (to his credits)... but that means, it will happen soon :rolleyes:

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  11. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    It is sad and disappointed and it is like beating a dead horse. Unless something must be dramatic change and Karsdorp being called up for Nations League, there is nothing change unless some reporters can stand up without any fear and ask LVG directly. Even with that there is a good chance he will not answer the question, he may talk about something else or get angry at the reporter then move on to next question. It is many assumptions but we don't know until someone is brave enough to ask.

richsavare repped this.
  12. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Timber being linked to join Ten Hag at ManU but I don’t know if this is a wise decision if it turns out to be true.
    Very hard to see Timber play in the overly physical and aggressive EPL as a Central Defender.
    Perhaps in a back 3 but not in a 4-4-2.
    I’m very curious to see what happens with him moving forward, but I just think he’s too small to play in the middle of the defense.

13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Timber should consider moving to CDM… he already has good defensive instinct, and he can initiate the attack quite well from his own half. Think of a less-rough but better ball-handling version of Nigel De Jong (or Javier Mascherano).

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  14. I already last year mentioned that spot fits better, just like his twin brother is doing at FC Utrecht.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  15. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    How is he doing at Utrecht?

16. Very good I must say. I completely forgot both were from the Feyenoord Academy before they went to Ajax.

17. https://www.ad.nl/buitenlands-voetb...e-scorende-verdediger-uit-amsterdam~aface2dd/
    [​IMG]
    Ryan Flamingo © Instagram
    Italiaanse media in ban van Ryan Flamingo, de scorende verdediger uit Amsterdam

Telefoon vanuit Italië. Weer Italiaanse journalisten. Of we iets meer kunnen vertellen over Ryan Flamingo? Wie? Ryan Flamingo? Een 19-jarige Amsterdammer die bij Sassuolo in Italië bezig is aan een opvallende opmars.

Mikos Gouka 27-04-22, 18:37
    Nog verborgen voor het grote publiek is de centrale verdediger één van de topscorers in de Onder19-competitie in Italië. Een verdediger die zoveel scoort, veertien keer inmiddels en ook nog eens in zes wedstrijden op een rij, dat valt op. Hoe denken we over hem in Nederland, is de vraag. We moeten het antwoord schuldig blijven.

De verdediger schiet in de lach als we hem bellen. ,,Ja, het valt op hier’', zegt hij. ,,Mensen beginnen er veel over.’'

Een verdediger die uitstekend is in het voorkomen van doelpunten, maar ook in aanvallend opzicht zijn mannetje staat. Hoe komt die bij Sassuolo terecht. Almere City leidde Flamingo op, als 16-jarige tekende hij een eerste profcontract. Maar aansluiten bij het eerste elftal zat er nog niet in. De Italiaanse club plukt de eerste vruchten van het feit dat Flamingo het heeft aangedurfd een avontuur aan te gaan. ,,Tot een debuut in de hoofdmacht van Sassuolo is het nog niet gekomen, maar daar hoop ik natuurlijk op. Het gaat dit seizoen erg lekker’', zegt Flamingo.
    Sassuolo huurde de Nederlander eerst, maar de koopoptie werd al snel gelicht. Tegen de grote talenten van AS Roma, AC Milan, Juventus, Napoli en Internazionale laat Flamingo zich week in, week uit nadrukkelijk zien. De club krijgt nauwelijks goals tegen en Flamingo trekt mee ten aanval als de gelegenheid zich voor doet. ,,Ik heb grote stappen gezet. Eerst de amateurs van BFC, toen Almere City en nu hier bij Sassuolo. Als mijn debuut dit seizoen nog uitblijft dan ga ik knokken en zorgen dat het komend seizoen zal gebeuren’', zegt Flamingo.

En de interesse van de Italiaanse pers, die in Nederland niet veel mensen kunnen vinden die Flamingo heel goed kennen als speler. ,,Ze schrijven veel over wedstrijden en mijn naam wordt dan genoemd’', zegt Flamingo lachend. Of ze in Zeist bij de KNVB al een idee hebben dat er in Italië een speler naam aan het maken is, weet de bescheiden verdediger niet. ,,Blijven knokken en zorgen dat je beter wordt’', zegt hij. ,,Als dat gebeurt, blijf je nergens meer onopgemerkt.''

18. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Van Dijk: Another clean sheet and another enjoyable day at the office for Van Dijk. I thought this was an extraordinary performance by Liverpool. Having played Villareal in the Champions League semi-final on Wednesday night, travelling to Newcastle for a 12:30pm kick-off at St James Park three days later and coming away with a victory - bearing in mind the form Newcastle have been in - was outstanding.

As for Van Dijk, you can read in 'Crooks of the Matter' why I think the Football Writers' Association have selected the wrong Liverpool player for their prestigious Footballer of the Year award.

Did you know? Among players to have contested 100 or more aerial duels in the Premier League this season, Van Dijk has the best success rate (77%).
    [....]
    The Crooks of the Matter
    It's not often I disagree with the choice of the esteemed Football Writers' Association but I was rather taken aback by their decision to award Mohamed Salah this year's honour of Footballer of the Year. The Liverpool striker is a superstar - of that there is no doubt - and he has had an impressive goalscoring season.

However, Liverpool's best player and, in my view the Reds' player of the season, is Virgil van Dijk. He should have won the award. Regular readers will not be surprised by my choice as the Liverpool defender features in my team almost on a weekly basis.

That's because Van Dijk is unquestionably the best defender in the world but he does not attract the same attention as Salah because it's the Egyptian who scores the goals. I appreciate goal scorers better than anyone - my team of the week is often full of them. However this year the Football Writers' Association has gone for the popular vote but not the right one.

Defenders seldom lift this prestigious award. The last time a Liverpool defender won it was Emlyn Hughes. He was not so much a great defender, but an incredible competitor. However, he wasn't in Van Dijk's class.

Another Liverpool great who the football writers let slip through their fingers was Alan Hansen who was the closest player I have seen to the Netherlands captain in pace, quality and vision.

Salah is very capable of winning the Champions League title for Liverpool but he will need Van Dijk to be in the team.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61294168

Stat from before the CL game vs Villarreal:
    [​IMG]

feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's interesting that Ajax have had 27 clean sheets this year across all competitions!!! That would tie them with Chelsea for 2nd on the above list.

20. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  21. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/van-dijk-komt-dankzij-derde-cl-finale-in-legendarisch-rijtje-terecht

Virgil van Dijk is preparing for his third Champions League final. With Liverpool, he eliminated Villarreal on Tuesday, so that the Dutch defender will face the final on May 28 at the Stade de France. The English media was strikingly divided about his performance.

Van Dijk from Sky Sports, The Telegraph and Inews only got a 6. According to Sky, the defender did not look good at the early opening goal of Boulaye Dia. Other media saw that too, but thought Van Dijk recovered. The Daily Express gave him an 8. "Van Dijk defended well and helped Liverpool to stand ground, until the second goal fell just before half -time."

The local Liverpool Echo Van Dijk delivered even a nine, with which he and Luis Díaz received the highest rating. "He sometimes had to leave the defense to do the other's dirty work during an eventful first half. Van Dijk gave the good example and played magnificently. "

United the British media will not be, but Van Dijk is certain for the third time in the final of the Champions League. In 2018, Real Madrid was too strong, and a year later Van Dijk won the Cup with the Big Ears at the expense of Tottenham Hotspur. Only sixteen Dutch were previously at least three times in the final of the European Cup or Champions League. If Van Dijk is allowed on May 28 again to win the cup, then he goes past Arjen Robben and Edgar Davids.

Clarence Seedorf 5 Ajax/Real Madrid/AC Milan
    Edwin van der Sar 5 Ajax/Manchester United
    Frank Rijkaard 4 Ajax/AC Milan
    Wim Suurbier 4 Ajax
    Barry Hulshoff 4 Ajax
    Johan Cruijff 4 Ajax
    Piet Keizer 4 Ajax
    Edgar Davids 4 Ajax/Juventus
    Johan Neeskens 3 Ajax
    Heinz Stuy 3 Ajax
    Sjaak Swart 3 Ajax
    Gerrie Mühren 3 Ajax
    Arie Haan 3 Ajax
    Marco van Basten 3 AC Milan
    Ronald Koeman 3 PSV/Barcelona
    Arjen Robben 3 Bayern München
    Virgil van Dijk 3 Liverpool

22. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Van Dijk had to come off yesterday with some type of injury.

23. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Ki Jana to Psv. Could be interesting as a RB alternative for us. Still only 20 years old.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Another player who comes crawling back to the Eredivisie because he could not make it elsewhere.

feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.