Watch list Defenders Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Sounds very familiar.... lol :p Many shine at club level, but they are much to be desired when putting on the Oranje shirt. Seedorf, Bergkamp, Vaart, Wijnaldum, etc..

I checked out Karsdorp's stats... he got an assist this past week that turned out to be the winner. Sweet. Previous to that, looks like he was on a cold spell. Mediocre rating for several consecutive weeks. His last contribution (a goal) was back in late January. Hataboer's numbers aren't all that spectacular, either. So yeah, why not taking a bet on Karsdorp. I still think Dumfries is the man to beat on RB. He has the size, strength, speed and the "bite" - seems also that he makes better decision these days. Not losing the ball much or caught out off position. He just needs to make sure he maintain composure throughout the game and keep the cool head.

Wijndal is a stud. He should be the undisputed LB.

Jpows repped this.
  2. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Karsdorp is both faster and technically superior imo. He’s also been a consistent starter for a big team in Italy, albeit currently 1 spot below Atalanta.

He’s finally been healthy for a while and I hope he keeps getting better and better. He was always a big talent at Feyenoord and you can still see he has it in him.

Agreed about Wijndal.

3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Actually... just read that Ake is back in training. Likely will lack fitness match by the time Oranje games come around later this month. Hamstring injury is always tricky with setbacks are common. Good news nonetheless.

4. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Btw I was referring to Karsdorp compared to Hateboer. I agree that Dumfries still gets the edge. Just wanted to clear that up.

BaritoPutra repped this.
  5. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #455 wilson00, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    It will be a good competition between karsdorp and Dumfries hoping no injury. I think this is what you wanna see in almost all positions. I have been watching Roma games and karsdorp has really step up his game and the coach Fonseca is also upbeat about it.

Im also expecting Frimgpong getting the callup for the u21s. He also has been dazzling at leverkusen.

Bakker got a rare start for PSG in the coupe de France. PSG winning that one 3-0 vs Brest.

6. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    With TFM sidelined, Frimpong got his first league start today. Would be interesting to see in coming weeks if he can hold on his spot in the lineup.

7. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #457 wilson00, Mar 7, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Watched leverkusen vs Monchengladbach. Improved performance by them after a string of losses which had them drop out of top four and europa. Frimpond and Diaby combined well on the right flank but above all it was Amiri who was tracking up and down covering for both from the MF.. Bosz had his lineup spot on.

Defensively he has flaws due frame but he is still 19 and has a long way to go.

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    DeLigt on bench today against Porto.
    Thats a good sign

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Too bad he didn't start instead of Demiral!:eek:

10. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    what the hell has happened to Jeffery Burma?. he hasn't played a single game in bundasliga for Wolfburg. should come back to PSV.

11. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Both Bruma and Rekik turned out to be massive disappointments relative to their hype as youngins.

12. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Indeed and Bruma in particular was getting a lot of games with Oranje during the botched qualifying campaign of 2016.
    Early move to Chelsea did not work out well for him and took his career backwards.
    Rekik too with Man City.
    Young Dutch kids chasing the money hurting their development. Sadly there are many more.

Jpows repped this.
  13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Lille (and Botman) defeated PSG in an away match - and kept a clean sheet!! Botman should really be included in the Euro squad, with all the injuries piling.... Virgil, Blind, Ake still returning to fitness. I really liked what Botman showed for JO - he's sturdy and decent enough with the ball on his feet.

BTW,

Lille are now 3 points ahead of PSG on the table, with 7 matches to go.

I am cheering the little guys... Lille's all player market's value, according to transfermarkt, is less than a third of that of PSG :eek: :whistling: Lille's most valuable player (Canadian Jonathan David) barely cracked PSG's top 10.

Orange14 repped this.
  14. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Watched the game. Bakker also played coming on in the second half for Abdou Diallo. Was an instant upgrade but he needs work on his crosses and going around his opponent. His movement going forward was good but the end product was not there. Kept passing back and side wise during attacking phase.this is where kurzawa and Brenat are excellent and where he needs to work on big time.his defensive game is spot on.

15. Actually I found Bert van Marwijk's including Bruma in the Orange squad, while him being a player without a starting position at Chelsea, an insult to better players in those days in the Eredivisie and elsewhere. His selections in my opinion where solely based on being at a big club, not by merit. And he sucked major league too. Just read my rants about him in those days.

16. This is so freaking hilarious:
    upload_2021-4-4_1-53-36.png

17. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    This was my impression as well on Bakker when he played for JO. He got to the byline fine, but seemed to often run out of ideas and ended up passing backwards. Also, he looked awfully stiff and is not exactly fast... not the prototypical wing back who can punish the opposing defender with speed and trickery. Would be interesting to see how he develops. Maybe he will end up shifting to the middle (like Jan Vertonghen?) Could be a perfect center defender piece in a 3-man defensive setup (3-5-2 or 3-4-3).

richsavare repped this.
  18. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I kind of see the same type of player. PSG has quite a few guys at left back to which is going to make it hard for Bakker to progress there in my opinion.

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I've had a couple of jenevers, but for sure Dest would be Oranje's stating rightback if he hadnt chosen USA.

I dont blame him though, he has to go where his heart is, and if he prefers the US over NL I will never, ever hold that against him.

It is where where you heart is, and if it isnt Oranje or Dutch, then dont choose it!!!

My final words. Cheers!! :thumbsup:

20. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #471 wilson00, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    So who is next in line. Malacia's name has been popping up alot but what I have seen of him, defensively he is often flying. What about that FC Twente guy? Sinkgraven?

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Malacia does not have the consistency yet. I've seen him have some really good games as well as mediocre ones. He has great quickness which Sinkgraven does not have.

22. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Beyond Wijndal, Bakker and Malacia - I don’t think there’s any other u21 LB who has broken through first-team and is getting a somewhat consistent playing times.

I guess there’s a “potential” from the winning Oranje u17 team a while ago in Maatsen (on loan from Chelsea), but I never really count on speculative talents who are playing abroad. Seems like they are in a more treacherous water to get to first team.

Who knows maybe there will be some surprises next season... I don’t think many people expected Teze, Timber, and Rensch getting as many minutes as they are now.

The “Twente guy” is Jayden Oosterwolde? Maybe. He is indeed starting to get some playing times (good news), and people noticed. I don’t think I’ve ever watched him. Hope to hear more about him!!

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Salah-Eddine of Ajax was also on the U-17 team. Unfortunately, he broke his leg last summer during training and is just now making it back to Jong Ajax.

24. You forgot Geertruida, who plays for the Feyenoord first team regularly and is only 20 yo.