Watch list Attackers Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Betweek LDJ and Weghorst there should be only 1 spot in NT is still my opinion.

Deadtigers repped this.
  2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Danjuma with a double for Villareal. First Half. Back to business.

Deadtigers repped this.
  3. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hatrick.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Weghorst just scored his 1st goal for Burnley.

A rocket too!! Keeper didnt know much about it

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And another assist for Weghorst.

If Burnley can somehow stay up this year it will have been money well spent

6. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Danjumagic! A hattrick after a long injury spell... sensational!

And wow, Weghorst... Burnley climbed up from the table basement, 5 points to safety with 2 matches saved. I just looked at the EPL table, the bottom of the table is a mess.... any of the last 6 or 7 teams could be in the danger of relegation. Looks like the relegation battle is as exciting as, if not more, than the title race --- which incredibly, Liverpool are heating up and chasing the leader Man City (beaten today home v. Spurs).

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    J. Kluivert with a match-winner today! His first goal in the league after a 2-month drought (did score a couple in a cup league match earlier this month).

Malen also scored in BVB 6-0 thrashing of Gladbach.

gabrielguilarte and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  8. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Fre
    Frenkie and Veerman too. I liked Kluivert goal, very fast and great definition.

9. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Memphis returned from injury, came on as a sub - and scored the final goal in injury time. Barcelona won 4-0.

Luuk de Jong score one as well. And Frenkie provided one assist. Busy, busy day for the Dutch contingent in Barca!

Brilliant Dutch and gabrielguilarte repped this.
  10. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Luuk has more goals than Messi :ROFLMAO:

Deadtigers repped this.
  11. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Time for stats update.... for end-February edition. All club competition matches, excluding NT duties.

Gakpo = 13G 12A... keep on firing!
    Zirkzee = 12G 6A... rough February, 3 league matches, no goals or assists.
    Danjuma = 12G 4A... biggest story of the month! Returned to the field with fury.
    Berghuis = 9G 8A... broke almost 3-month scoring drought this past weekend.
    Memphis = 9G 2A... played 8 mins coming back from injury, and scored.
    Weghorst = 8G 3A... decent start at Burnley, rising from the table rock-bottom.
    Malen = 8G 3A... slowly getting more involved with Haaland sidelined.
    Lang = 7G 12A.. also had a brutal February, 3 league matches, nothing to show.
    Luuk de Jong = 5G... two goals in 31 cameo minutes in February, pinchitter!
    Bergwijn = 3G 1A... glued to the bench, should have left in the transfer window!!

richsavare repped this.
  12. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Also add Joel Piroe to the list. 14 G 4A. Scored over weekend as well.

13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I would think/hope Piroe is going to attract some suitors. Swansea have no chance of getting promotion to top flight.

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Depay scored the winning goal today (a penalty)

15. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    And what a penalty that was!! Arguably one of the best I’ve seen recently… struck with so much dynamite to the upper corner. No goalie would ever to stop that :eek::eek:

16. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Gakpo is such a stud. Two goals and a delicious assist for the 4-4 against København. He could be an option as a striker for us as well.

BaritoPutra and gabrielguilarte repped this.
  17. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    To me he is the only sure-starter in Oranje at the moment (especially with Memphis is still ramping up after a lengthy injury lay-off).

Gakpo has improved all aspects of his game this season, and is blossoming to be a nice well-rounded attacker. His finishing (which I had criticized before) is markedly better compared to a few months ago. He gets himself to good position and strikes with confidence. Passing, dribbling and cutting inside have always been his bread-and-butter, and those make him unpredictable. I also like the intangibles… he plays with certain swag, and (I suspect) the captain armband forces him to maintain focus for the whole game.

Jpows repped this.
  18. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Danjuma is a lock to me as well in Oranje starting line-up!! If there's a time and appetite to experiment with 2-men forward formation (352/532), now it's the time! Memphis is not quite 100%, Berghuis mediocre, Malen unconvincing, Lang badly out-of-form, Bergwijn rotting on bench.

Gakpo and Danjuma duo upfront could be work wonder. Both are speedy, industrious, unselfish, and can finish with confidence.

19. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Dont think lang is out of form. Under Philippe clement the same guy was flourishing big time. Come in Alfred Schruder and he is fading out. What does this indicate.Its just a matter of time before he gets the transfer and you will see him back to where he was.

Hoping to see him get more minutes in the friendlys

Joel piroe has now 16 goals and 4 assists for Swansea. What a maiden sesson for him in championship. He needs to move to top flight team in the summer. Can he be the heir to Depay.

20. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I will still say let him play CL football and then rate him after that. In between I see both him and Danjuma lock for that LW spot.

21. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I’m very interested to what will happen to Memphis and Frenkie at Barca.
    For Memphis in my opinion he’s their best attacker, but it seems Xavi does not like him.
    There is no way Ferran Torres, Auba, or Dembele are better then Memphis, but things are not working out.
    Earlier in the season he had no support from the many overmatched youngsters Barca played, and Koeman had no help whatsoever from the Board and Laporta.
    Then Memphis gets hurt.
    I have noticed when he’s been subbed on that he better pick up his work rate off the ball as Xavi is about that immediate press.
    Memphis can be lazy and that won’t appeal himself to the Manager.
    Ferran Torres the 55 million transfer is not impressive plain and simple.
    Auba has scored some goals but his best days are gone.
    Dembele has pretty much been a bust and was being booed terribly by Barca supporters up until 2 weeks ago, but he’s proven to be incredibly overrated and injury prone so I don’t think he’ll stay as he was prepared to sit out and get paid for nothing as he wanted to move on.
    Anyway Memphis needs to find consistent playing time and I’m sure he’s unhappy with his current predicament.
    Frenkie has received a lot of abuse and has played pretty well in the past few games.
    He has started to play further forward which is uncommon for him, but I think he’s played very well.
    Xavi has love affair for many of the youngsters who I think are massively overhyped and overrated.
    Frenkie has recently been quoted that he loves the club, but for me he should get more minutes and stop being subbed as much as he is.
    Barca change of form may not last as they have some shaky slow defenders in Pique for one, and Sergio Busquets in midfield.
    Hoping things get better for our Oranje stars.

22. https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...veld-gaat-voor-zijn-kans-bij-oranje~af1bc7c8/
    Bescheiden Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld gaat voor zijn kans bij Oranje

Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld wil de komende interlandperiode zijn kans bij het Nederlands elftal definitief pakken. De aanvaller is bij Villarreal aan een sterke periode bezig en hoopt een belangrijke waarde te zijn in het nieuwe systeem dat bondscoach Louis van Gaal voor ogen heeft.

Sportredactie 22-03-22, 14:57

23. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Oranje all-time top scorer....

1. Robin van Persie 50 goals 102 caps
    2. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar 42 goals 76 caps
    3. Patrick Kluivert 40 goals 79 caps
    4. Memphis Depay 39 goals 76 caps
    5. Dennis Bergkamp 37 goals 79 caps

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Two greatest goals: van Persie 2014 WC against Spain; Bergkamp against Argentina, 1998 WC

bunbohue repped this.
  25. You forget the Gio against Uruguay one.

DutchFanatic repped this.