Watch list Attackers Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Wait there is another glare??

2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I remember this one and instead it was veltman who got the nod . Like I have always said when it comes to benefit of the doubt then the red carpet is always rolled out if you play Ajax and thats what happened. Not only him but Buttner as well who was playing at Man United that time. Van gaal was a very self centred coach and was all about whom he knew. If he felt somebody does not fit his philosophy then he was simply overlooked or benched and he did paid the price for it at various clubs he went to

This is typical of dutch coaches. Look at koeman at Barcelona. Before even starting at Barcelona he had already caused a stir by announcing the players he wanted to get rid.eventually he got rid of suarez and look at how it turned out of both. One ended up wining the title and the other is on the verge of being shown the exist.

nurvin repped this.
  3. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Van Gaal has had plenty of questionable moments with regards to player selections and tactics. Remember he was in charge of the greatest failure in the history of World Cup Qualifying when the loaded Oranje squad stacked with World Class players failed to make it South Korea/Japan. This resume killer definitely affected Louis as a lot of the big clubs backed off him and he wound up “fixing” his image at AZ.

4. Sorry, man. It wasnot Koeman who wanted to get rid of them, but the Board. Due to necesary cut of the wage bill, demanded by La Liga and the government as a condition for covid support.
    He simply was the messenger. Nice of you to shoot the messenger.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    El Ghazi with a PK to put Villa up 2-0 over Chelsea

6. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    can somebody get injured and danjuma be called up.;):thumbsup:

Jpows repped this.
  7. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  8. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Memphis to Barca almost done. I still think Gini will be better at Barca than Memphis but Gini is to PSG instead. Frenkie I can see the fit and he fits very well. I have doubt that Memphis will be successful at Barca.

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I wonder what happens this summer with respect to both Messi and Dembele. Dembele has not shown any signs of extending and may have to be sold. Will Messi accept a pay cut to help balance the books? Unlikely. The team right now does not have a proper striker and they don't have any money to throw around. I wonder if Memphs and Messi can coexist as both like to roam.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Arjen Robben officially announced his retirement from football!!!!

richsavare repped this.
  11. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Again? The greatest one foot player ever. Well between him and Hristo.

Orange14 repped this.
  12. Messi seems to have agreed to halving his wage for his new signing with Barca. Is that enough for making La Liga give green light to Barca for Depay to be able to play?
    And if not, does that not able to play also means Depay can't play in the CL either?
    To me it seems that if you're not registered by the FA as a player, you can't play in any EURO cup competition either, but what do I know?
    Anyway, if he can't play at all he's got major problems for the Orange Squad too.
    Big opportunity for Noa Lang. I guess LvG has seen the same as we did in regard to Depay's EURO2020 performance and if that is added with not playing at all the conclusion is simple.
    Memphis out, Noa in.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    According to a story on US ESPN, Barcelona cannot register any players until their wage bill is brought down. This includes all the free transfers they have signed.

Barcelona's drive to reduce their wage bill has hit a significant obstacle as they struggle to make room to register their new signings and Lionel Messi's new contract, various sources told ESPN. The club must reduce their outgoings to ensure they comply with La Liga's spending limits next season. If they can't, they risk not being able to register Messi's new contract or new signings Memphis Depay, Sergio Aguero, Eric Garcia and Emerson Royal.

Barca have until the end of the transfer window on Aug. 31 to submit Messi's deal and their new signings to La Liga, but internally they want everything resolved before Aug. 15, when they kick off their league season at home to Real Sociedad. League president Javier Tebas has said he will not relax the rules for Barcelona, and a failure to get their finances in order could see Messi, if he signs the five-year deal revealed by ESPN last week, unable to play until at least January, as happened with Getafe midfielder Pedro Leon in 2014.​

14. nurvin

nurvin Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Sydney van Hooijdonk joined Bologna!
    Let’s see how he will develop in serie A!

15. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I knew that last name sounded familiar. Wish him luck!

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  16. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Memphis scored a thunderous PK to open his account at Barcelona :thumbsup:

17. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    He had a decent debut. Had some good moments where he showed his skill and physique but also moments where he showed his frustrating propensity to lose the ball quite often, which is worrying.

Let’s hope he can iron those out as much as possible so he can be all that we need him to be this season. With the uncertainty of Fati and Dembele due to injury we’re running thin upfront so we do need him to step up.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It is still unclear whether Memphis can be registered for the la Liga season.

19. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Albeit still quite young, Ihattaren seems to be on a fast track to ruining his career. He has yet again been put out of the PSV selection for disciplinary reasons.

At this point I don’t know who’s the main problem here; PSV acting disproportionately out of spite due to accumulated frustration or Ihattaren due to his continual alleged insolence and immaturity. As is often the case, it’s probably somewhere in the middle.

Either way I think it’s been clear for a while now that it’s best for both parties if they go their separate ways. I heard Ihattaren was spotted in Nice whose football club has a new and ambitious owner with a great project in mind. Might join Stengs, Kluivert, and possibly Boadu there. Sounds like a nice project for Ihattaren, hope they make it happen.

DutchFanatic repped this.
  20. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Agreed, it's best for both parties if it ends as it is. It is very clear it's not going to work out. Would be nice if Nice got him, make it happen Raiola.

Jpows repped this.
  21. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    On average, the footballer with a Surinam background has an infinitely better mentality as the average footballer with a Moroccan background (with Turkey somewhere in the middle). Destined to mess up. The new Aissatti.

22. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    About to ask what's his contract situation? Usually when players start doing this it's because they want to get sold already and moved on.

23. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I can definitely understand Ihattaren wanting to get sold. I think it is 100% what should happen, his future at PSV is non-existent. That being said he needs to be careful with how he presents himself, because otherwise no (sub)top team will take the risk on him.

If I was AZ I would inquire for him after selling Boadu and Stengs. It's a team that would give Ihattaren the opportunity to shine again.

Deadtigers repped this.
  24. The huge problem Mo has is that in the Netherlands youth players live a sheltered existence. PSV especially (with probably AZ) of the top 5 clubs is a club lauded for it's warm atmosphere at the Hergang, in contrast to the cut throat competion at Ajax and Feyenoord youth set up.
    If you show you in that environment can't comply to the rules set, how on earth do you think you can cope with far less youth friendly situations abroad?

25. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Looks like a rough start for Boadu in French league. Started, but subbed out in 60th minute. Had one of the worst player ratings on both whoscored.com and FotMob app :cautious: