Watch list Attackers Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Can we get Brobbey on the Euro roster??

wilson00 repped this.
  2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  3. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I.said it he should be the third striker to euros and like he has shown, can be a good impact player coming of the bench. Alot of teams will be in for a suprise.

4. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Goodness gracious. What a goal and overall game by Danjuma. He’s so good. No one can use the “it’s against a championship team” cause it was against the already promoted Swansea. The guy is legit.

He’s way better than any attacker we have in the NT currently bar Memphis. He’s definitely more technically gifted and what a shot he has on him. Sheesh. Ironically he reminds me of younger Memphis, before he decided to sacrifice technique for bulkiness.

5. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I am holding a small hope that FdB will come to his sense in these final days leading to the Euro tourney. At some point, he has got to realize that he simply can't take three club-reserve players to the tournament: Luuk, Bergwijn and Babel.

1 or 2 of them (or ideally all three) will have to be removed, otherwise FdB just won't have enough firepower. Bergwijn is almost certain will be cut out... he's completely out of rhythm. That leaves Babel clinging on a spot, solidly challenged by the "new" players like Danjuma, Gakpo or Boadu.

So assuming Memphis, Berghuis, Malen and Stengs are locked, the permutation pair to complete a 6-attacker slots could be:

Luuk or Weghorst
    Babel or Danjuma or Gakpo or Boadu

Did UEFA make decisions to allow extra players in the squad (not the typical 24+1)? If so, I think Weghorst is a safe bet (first-in).

6. Someone with these numbers?
    upload_2021-4-18_22-18-45.png
    Don't be daft.

7. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Brobbery?

8. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Errr...the whole premise of my posting was that FdB should take attackers that plays consistently and scores for fun, and ignore those so-called “reserve” (which Brobbey exemplifies exactly :confused:).

Which player would you leave behind if Brobbey, hypothetically-speaking, was included? Not sure if he could overtake Danjuma (sizzling hot!!) or Gakpo, or even Loang.

9. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Your premise aside, I’d take Brobbey over LdJ anyday of the week tbh.

richsavare and wilson00 repped this.
  10. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yes luck de jong and if ignoring so called reserve players then bergwijn, Babel,VDBeek are all bench warmers, what about them. Performanes should speak greater volume.

11. Did you see the numbers he clocked? 300 minutes of subbing in at a reasonable/good level competition. Not really a calling card.

12. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    NT needs more firepower upfront and in knockout stage you can forget about players like berghuis, Klaassen,LDJ and bergwijn etc providing that. We have all seen this especially in high tempo games. Again im looking at bigger picture here and not just the group stage. Keeping this in mind it better to go with brobbery who has shown he has a better package of making the impact. Barbaric effect. Well this is what I have seen of him in Ajax games.

LDJ also has been a super sub for NT in few games but his status coming on as sub is such that he needs to be serviced and this is where the oponents and again the tempo of the game becomes a crucial factor. You cant expect him to come up in a semi final stage and have the luxury of moving around freely and getting lucky. One off can be on the cards but that again is probability.

Yes the minutes is certaintly not in brobbery's favour but comparing the two brobbery as I have said has the package to be more decisive than LDJ coming on.

richsavare and Jpows repped this.
  13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Not arguing that LdJ deserving a place. But Weghorst would announce retirement immediately from NT if Brobbey was selected over him.... :p I would probably also be choosing Boadu first before digging deep to Brobbey (I think he's a great option for the u21 level atm) --- someone just need to find a light switch inside Boadu's head.

feyenoordsoccerfan and Jpows repped this.
  14. Yup. Boadu has shown last season he's extraordinary against all top 3 clubs home and away. In those matches he has played more minutes than Brobbey, scored more goals etc.

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No way is Brobbey ready for the full NT. Let him score a bucket full of goals this summer in the U-21 tourney.

16. The funny thing is that according to Voetbal International and that statistic analyzer (whoscore?) Steven Beghuis is the most valuable player of the season and yet wilson wants kick him out, but has no issues to put in Brobbey with hardly any minutes of play under his wings.
    When anti bias takes over, no reasonable judgement comes out.

17. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I think it’s quite mind-boggling that Brobbey is deemed not ready but LdJ somehow is ready.

It goes without saying that if Boadu can get his mojo back than he should be picked. Weghorst should already be in there over LdJ. FdB is a joke.

richsavare repped this.
  18. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #493 wilson00, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    How many times I have to repeat it to you, the tempo of eredivisie suits his technical but limited ability. Outside of eredivisie particulary in high tempo games he will continue to choke like it has happened to him in NT. Go and watch the game vs spain and mexico and others when he played vs above average or big guns . Also You tell me what happened to him in europa league? Berghuis will never survive the tempo of knock out level stage. You will see it in the euros.Please dont bring this up again and if you do, back it up with games where he has proved others wise.

As for brobbery, i was more intrested in him as being a super sub and not as if picking him up and throwing him in the starting lineup.also it could have locked him down. Win win situation for both. Also I did acknowledge of his lack of playing time.

richsavare repped this.
  19. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I wouldnt say he is a joke but the reason why he continues to fail and will fail again.

20. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Today Weghorst scored a milestone goal (his 20th) in Bundesliga. 25 in all competitions. On. Fire. :eek:

21. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Danjuma also scored his 17th for the season as bournemouth climb to third in the table 8 points behind second place watford and 3 game to go.

Jpows repped this.
  22. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Frank needs to drop 2 out of Stengs, Berghuis, Babel, Depay, Malen and
    Luuk de Jong to take Weghorst, Danjuma (or Gakpo). Logical choices will be to drop Babel and LDJ. When is the deadline to finalize the squad?

23. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    How will he ever justify dropping Lord Luukinho Nazario de Jong?. Weghorst can be the Bundesliga top scorer and he’d still get overlooked cause who cares about objectivity.

With that being said, Danjuma HAS to be on that team. Form-wise he’s our best attacker bar probably Memphis. Who am I kidding, bench warmers is the main selection critera nowadays.

Based on that certainty he’ll surely take Turkish League bench-rider Babel over sizzling hot Danjuma and Spanish League benchwarmer and 4-goal tally wonder Luuk Batigol over 20 goal Bundesliga starter Weghorst.

richsavare repped this.
  24. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    As much as I would like to see the changes, I would still say it to late for that .you cant just call any player to come up on the eve of euros and expect their confidence level to be running at 100%.

FDB should have called them up in the last qualifers and used them vs Gibraltar and Lativa atleast.

I will just be going with the flow in this euros and like I said NT should take the goods from the euros and continue reshuffling the team with upcoming talents. If all goes well then 2026 should see a avery competitive NT.

25. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    IMO confidence level has a direct correlation with current form. Danjuma will be brimming with confidence. Babel will be quite the opposite cause he’s struggling to make the first eleven for Galatasaray.

Only reason they’re not going to be selected is because we have an inept coach.

I don’t think I’ve ever had less confidence going into a big tournament with the NT than going into this year’s Euro’s. I just hope we won’t be utterly embarrassed at this point. Anything more and it’s an added bonus. I hope for a miracle of some kind.

DutchFanatic and richsavare repped this.