Watch list Attackers Orange team

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    do we need him. I mean Depay is Locked. boadu,Malen.

2. Monterrey tries to get Vincent Janssen ready for the Club World Cup quarter final round.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good stage to see if he has come back. Would be nice to have another option up front. One wonders what his career would be if he had not made the mistake of moving to Spurs.

4. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    In the Bayern vs Freiburg game Joshua Zirkzee came on as a late sub with the game tied at 1-1 and scored the 92nd minute winner! I imagine this means he will get more minutes in the near future, which would be great!

With Boadu, Malen, Zirkzee, Redan and Brobbey we seem to have an amazing line-up of potential superstar strikers for the future. The chance that at least one of them becomes worldclass seems very likely to me. And with Depay also only being 26, the future is bright!

Unfortunately it will be too late for this upcoming Euro, we really took a hit there with the Depay injury :(.

5. From reliable posters I get the impression he's not doing all that great at Bayern. He and two other talents were moved up as a result of an injury wave at Bayern.
    But who knows. It might spark inspiration in him.

6. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    what about a last dance for Huntelaar.he looks in good form. he could fit in perfectly with current generation of wingers. just supply him with those crosses and through balls from the middle.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He's way past his prime these days. I suspect he will retire after this season.

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I was talking to my naturopath today, she says she could have Depay up and running in 4 months instead of 6 by using a combination of growth factor injections, stem cells and prolotherapy

9. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Is that legal?

10. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I dont wanna go too far off-topic, but read this: https://www.newscientist.com/articl...s-says-stem-cell-therapy-cured-his-back-pain/

I also suffered from severe lower back pain, I had a herniated disc doctors told me.
    Nobody in modern medicine could do anything for me, so I went to see a naturopath. It took me a bunch of prolotherapy injections, but within 5 weeks I was pain free. That was 10 years ago and my back hasnt hurt since. I can do all the normal lifting I did when I was 18 years old

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    All of those are unproven and potentially dangerous therapies.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is also unproven. I've had disc problems that came on late in life and the best approach is core strengthening. three simple exercises and my disc healed naturally. See: https://www.nytimes.com/video/magazine/1194841000095/core-values.html Professor McGill who pioneered these has trained many Olympic athletes and weight lifters. These exercises will really strengthen the important back muscles.

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PRP and prolotherapy injections are 100% safe.
    They are also legal in Europe and the US as far as I now.

Stem cells are indeed a bit controversial, but many people swear by it.

I also wanna add stem cell therapy has been approved in the US for blood disorders, but not for sports injuries yet: https://www.google.ca/search?lr=&as....0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131j0i10.a8HGM9aadqs

15. Louis van Gaal says Babel as striker is fine:eek:
    https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetbal/van-gaal-noemt-babel-in-de-spits-geen-slechte-optie~abcd24db/
    Van Gaal noemt Babel in de spits ‘geen slechte optie’

VideoLouis van Gaal ziet het wel zitten om Ryan Babel op het EK in de spits te zetten bij Oranje. ,,Dat is helemaal geen slechte optie”, aldus de voormalig bondscoach, die bij Ziggo inging op de zware blessure van Memphis Depay.

Sportredactie 18-12-19, 22:15 Laatste update: 19-12-19, 07:13

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^^^ there goes our Euro. Wont even make it out of group stage

17. :ROFLMAO:

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    they are safe but lots of things are safe. Whether they are effective or not is another question entirely. Stem cell therapy is hit or miss. There is also cartilage replacement therapy but I've never heard of it working on elite athletes. I think Ricardo Kishna had a course of this treatment.

19. I checked in another forum I know Bayern fans are present and they too tell he's not much from what they've seen up till now.

Phew....was worried that one of those kids jumping too young abroad was going to make waves. Not so ...for the time being.

20. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Just curious... was there a conclusion to the extent of Memphis' injury? I read many speculations on the media in past 3 days - but (unlike in the case of Malen), I didn't think I read any official words from the team or himself. Assuming Memphis had surgery to fix this?

Memphis is a such an emotional leader for Oranje in past 2+ years... I'd guess that if he's able to reach 50-60%, he would be given a spot just to be with the team. Koeman wouldn't need 21 or 23(!!) field players to begin with, anyway. He would miss the group stage, but who knows maybe the team goes deep in the tournament, and Memphis could be an impact player for last few minutes of a knockout game. Or in the PK shootout. :whistling:

21. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nice finish by Zirkzee. Very interested to see what becomes of him at Bayern

22. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord

Five months

23. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I take this as good news... Euro 2020 is approximately seven months away. So that’s roughly a 1-2 months for Memphis to regain fitness and get into rhythm. Far from ideal, but oh well, better than none. He is a very stubborn and determined kid, so I’d guess that he will do great in his recovery. Hopefully no further setbacks.

24. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Robben in 2010 also missed the group stage (except a brief substitute appearance against Cameroon, the 3rd match).

We can do without Memphis in the group stage. Important is to preserve him for the big boys. Those probably come early July at the earliest.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.